Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The ability is there. Just gotta get it out of him:

Have we ever seen DeRozan move his feet like that?
    Demar switched onto Lebron a couple times and actually played very good defence.

Comment

• Sure, but can he stay glued to a 3pt shooter or does he roam around looking like an idiot?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Sure, but can he stay glued to a 3pt shooter or does he roam around looking like an idiot?
        Probably predisposed to roaming around like an idiot.

Maybe if he decides that a summer of working off the ball, playing defence and improving his 3 point shot will benefit him he will become the player we all want him to be.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Simple answer is maturity. Eventually realizing what it takes to be a great player.

Not unlike Lowry clashing with every one of his coaches, until his late 20s, and the maturity (with the right mentor) finally kicking in.
          Lowry always had the compete level and will to win, but he just directed too much of that spunk at his own teammates and coaches (... still does, btw). He cares almost too much. Not caring, coasting, nonchalant, lack of killer instinct, etc... are labels that have dogged Wiggins since high school. I don't see how any amount of coaching can give you that competitive fire.

Comment

• ESPN has a take on 4 trades they would like to see the Raptors make (all involve DeMar):
            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rozan-more-nba

Here they are in case you don't want to click on the link:

Raptors get: Guard Nicolas Batum; Charlotte's 2019 first-round pick (top-10 protected in 2019, top-four protected in 2020 and 2021, converts to second-round picks in 2022 and 2023 if not conveyed); Utah's 2018 second-round pick

Hornets get: Guard DeMar DeRozan

Jazz get: Forward/center Frank Kaminsky
            Raptors get: Guard/forward Andrew Wiggins

Wolves get: DeRozan
            Raptors get: Guard Wesley Matthews, Dallas' 2018 first-round pick

Mavericks get: DeRozan
            Raptors get: Forwards Kawhi Leonard and Rudy Gay

Spurs get: DeRozan and forwards OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam

** They stole my Dallas one..

Comment

• Damn. They stole my Andrew Wiggins trade idea

The best of the 4 obviously is the Kawhi one. No way the Spurs trade Kawhi for that though.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I hate that Batum one.. Batum really sucks and has a shitty contract.. 3 more years at around $25M a year.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Damn. They stole my Andrew Wiggins trade idea

The best of the 4 obviously is the Kawhi one. No way the Spurs trade Kawhi for that though.
                  I'll take Kawhi, but with a different trade, don't wanna give up OG and no way in hell I want Rudy Gay back.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    I'll take Kawhi, but with a different trade, don't wanna give up OG and no way in hell I want Rudy Gay back.
                    If you can get a player like Kawhi - a top 5 player in the NBA, maybe top 3. You do everything you can to get it done. I would give up OG in a heartbeat. Don't mind Rudy Gay too. We're talking about Kawhi Leonard here lol.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I was scrolling through every team on the trade machine. The only wing salaries that make sense:

Cj Mccollum: 3 years, 25 million next year
                      Harrison Barnes: 3 years, 23 million next year
                      Kawhi Leonard: 20 million next year

a CJ trade might be nice. Derozan would compliment Lillard. They need someone who can put more pressure going downhill.

For the Raps, Our backcourt would be great at shooting and cutting, and we'd have a funky front court. No one can really create a shot but hey...but Lowry-Mccollum-Anunoby-Siakam-Valanciunas

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        ESPN has a take on 4 trades they would like to see the Raptors make (all involve DeMar):
                        http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rozan-more-nba

Here they are in case you don't want to click on the link:

** They stole my Dallas one..
                        Given that Matthews only has one year left on his deal, that Mavericks hypothetical could be very intriguing, depending on where their pick ends up
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think the Charlotte and Wolves trades are obvious no's, and the Spurs trade is an obvious yes.

The interesting one is that Dallas trade. You're going to be downgrading and probably pulling the plug on your window, but you get off a ton of salary and you get a first round pick back. That's hard to say no to. I think you go ahead and do it, though I don't think there's any way at all that Dallas does.
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            I think the Charlotte and Wolves trades are obvious no's, and the Spurs trade is an obvious yes.

The interesting one is that Dallas trade. You're going to be downgrading and probably pulling the plug on your window, but you get off a ton of salary and you get a first round pick back. That's hard to say no to. I think you go ahead and do it, though I don't think there's any way at all that Dallas does.
                            That Dallas one is really a great trade for us.

Matthews could actually start at the 2 for us. He's not the same guy he was a few years ago but he can still hit the three and he's probably a plus defender. His efficiency might go up playing with a better team. Plus he's expiring so there's no long term commitment.

Dallas also has the 3rd best draft odds, meaning it's almost a guaranteed top 5 pick in a loaded draft. We could end up getting a superstar talent in that range.

I pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat. I feel like Dallas would probably want us to take another contract off them to free up cap space for themselves in the summer if they did. I wouldn't mind taking back Dwight Powell's deal as well (basically 2 years 20M left) which would give them enough cap space I believe to go after DeMarcus Cousins or DeAndre Jordan again. I think I could see Cuban selling himself on Smith-DeRozan-Barnes-Cousins/DJ being a core he can win with.

Comment

• ESPN’s Bobby Marks does an off season preview for every team after they are eliminated. Just read Philly’s.
                              He talks about their 2 year window to use cap space. He floats the idea of Lebron/Kawhi/Paul George.......and then a Derozan trade. He’s speculating like you and I of course but he floats a Markelle Fultz/Covington/draft pick for Derozan trade. I would do that.
                              Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu May 10, 2018, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                If you can get a player like Kawhi - a top 5 player in the NBA, maybe top 3. You do everything you can to get it done. I would give up OG in a heartbeat. Don't mind Rudy Gay too. We're talking about Kawhi Leonard here lol.
                                I would trade OG to get Kawhi, absolutely... but I'd first exhaust every attempt to try to get Kawhi while keeping OG, because the two of them together would turn any team into a defensive terror.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X