Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Again, any massive trade of derozan for a pick will have a ripple effect. Lowry will want out, and it will be not easy to do so.
    I don't know that Lowry will necessarily want out. Depends on the exact deal. The Memphis deal, yeah, he may push for a relocation sooner than later. The Dallas deal above? Team could still be really good.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH I'd ask for a 2021 or 2022 1st in that Ibaka deal.

Ainge showed that future 1sts from poorly run teams have incredible value.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        DanH I'd ask for a 2021 or 2022 1st in that Ibaka deal.

Ainge showed that future 1sts from poorly run teams have incredible value.
        The timeline doesn't matter much, later is fine, the key is to find a way to remove as many protections as possible.

You can often kind of sneak an unprotected draft pick past a team if you do something like, lotto protected in 19 and 20 and unprotected in 21, sort of thing. I could definitely see NYK balking at giving Masai another 1st though.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yea I don't think Lowry would want out. We would just see something like "sad to see him go, NBA is a business" types of comments from him. He'd only want out if we traded a bunch of players and ended up sucking... and honestly I can't see him saying it publicly anyway.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            Yea I don't think Lowry would want out. We would just see something like "sad to see him go, NBA is a business" types of comments from him. He'd only want out if we traded a bunch of players and ended up sucking... and honestly I can't see him saying it publicly anyway.
            If Derozan goes for a top 5 pick + filler, that's a clear rebuild move and 33 years old Lowry would want no part of it. I'm of the belief that Derozan is a very large reason why Lowry is still even here.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If Derozan goes for a top 5 pick + filler, that's a clear rebuild move and 33 years old Lowry would want no part of it. I'm of the belief that Derozan is a very large reason why Lowry is still even here.
              That...... and 92 million yankee dollars. The market for Lowry was really "soft" that off-season he became a free agent.

Comment

• I do agree with the idea that Lowry would view it as a losing move to trade DeMar for picks and expirings.

Idk if he'd demand a trade but he'd be unhappy, and a pouting Lowry isn't going to get us very far.

This is part of why I just want a full-blown rebuild. I think Lowry's trade value is still pretty high to a team that lacks a good PG. Deal is only two years and he's still the best PG in the east when he's on.

Comment

• The trade I would like to see is DeMar to the Clipps for Tobias Harris, sign and trade Avery Bradley, and future picks, The Dallas trade also seems legit, and possible.

I think a few teams would rent Kyle for a couple years: Bucks (sign and trade Parker, and pieces), Sixers, Clippers, T-Wolves, Phoniex (if they go for Ayton. and trade JV if the go for Luka), the Jazz could use an upgrade. We would take back salary for most but we could get a draft pick.

Sacramento is a good dumping spot for Serg. They need vets who can still contribute.

Comment

• I think it's certainly possible that Lowry decides he wants out if the team trades DeMar, but I do not think it's guaranteed by any means.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      I think it's certainly possible that Lowry decides he wants out if the team trades DeMar, but I do not think it's guaranteed by any means.
                      Nothings guaranteed, but I highly doubt that's how he'd like to spend his last couple productive seasons.

He didn't really wanna be here when he first got traded here. He warmed up to Demar and to a lesser extent Rudy and the rest, but then when it looked like we were rebuilding in 2014 he wanted out again. Then we started winning and he fell in love with the team and made it his own, but then clearly in the 2017 off season his preference was San Antonio.

That's 3 times he basically wanted out. Now trade his best friend for a pick that won't bear fruit until he's about 36 or 37 years old, and tell him he's gonna play out the string on a .500ish win team that is known as the playoff jokers and that is how his story ends. I'm sure that would end up just great

Comment

• I'm glad we built a winning franchise, even though we are not a contender. I think Masai knew what he was doing by signing Lowry, and Serg to 3 year deals. I expect he sticks with this core one more year, then if the results are the same after this season, I suspect he'll move those 1 year contracts for assets.

I also think Masai planned on giving Dwane one more year to advance this team. He'll see if a different coach can get different results and then make his decision from there.

It's a patient, calculated approach.

Comment

• TORONTO — DeMar DeRozan has fans worried about his mental health once again.

The Toronto Raptors star, who features in the NBA’s mental health PSA, posted on his Instagram story "Dark days, darker nights …" early Tuesday morning.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            TORONTO — DeMar DeRozan has fans worried about his mental health once again.

The Toronto Raptors star, who features in the NBA’s mental health PSA, posted on his Instagram story "Dark days, darker nights …" early Tuesday morning.
                            "Once again"...

Media doesn't seem to understand that depression isn't just some blip in your week like a headache..this wasn't gonna fix itself overnight, and his original post wasnt out there intending to be the nba poster boy for others going through it, noble as it was of him to kind of shoulder that
                            Last edited by KeonClark; Tue May 22, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

"Once again"...

Media doesn't seem to understand that depression isn't just some blip in your week like a headache..this wasn't gonna fix itself overnight, and his original post was out there intending to be the nba poster boy for others going through it, noble as it was of him to kind of shoulder that
                              Media understand only one thing. Clickbait.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Tue May 22, 2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Keep an eye on Dallas, I like what Simmons said about them on his podcast.

They could send us Matthews, Powell and #5 for DeMar then try to sign Randle and Cousins.

DSJ-DeRozan-Barnes-Randle-Cousins.

Not nearly enough shooting but if they want to be good next year they could. Also that's probably the most athletic team in the league
                                Now we're talking. Sounds much more palatable than the Memphis one

Comment

Working...
                                X