Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    When you trade our to best players there isn't much else to do.
    My personal preferred trade situation for DeMar would be to trade him some solid defenders who can shoot from range then transition into an offense built around JV with 4 shooters outside. This wouldn't be tanking, just would be a different look.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Keep dreaming guys
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        What they said at the end was great:

Lowry and DD need to figure out if they want to be winners.

Lowry has shown to be emotionally selfish - his acting out has hurt the team.

DD has made great improvements this season but has shown he still wants to go hero in crunch time.

Anyways...no one can get too fired up. They are 1 game over .500 since starting 5-0.....I know, I know, injuries.....
        Easily fixable if we get a new coach. Casey gives them free reign without holding them accountable.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Easily fixable if we get a new coach. Casey gives them free reign without holding them accountable.
          I dunno about easily but certainly possible. All depends on what Lowry wants from the game, to lead a winning team or to get his. Based on his recent comments about DD and JV being the franchise, I think Lowry would fall in line now.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I dunno about easily but certainly possible. All depends on what Lowry wants from the game, to lead a winning team or to get his. Based on his recent comments about DD and JV being the franchise, I think Lowry would fall in line now.
            And in DeRozan's defense, he's shown flashes of being a solid facilitator. He's always been a good team guy, even if his on-court play hasn't reflected that sort of sentiment.

I would love to know how a guy like Pop or SVG would have reacted after the game or while reviewing film, in response to DeRozan forcing an awful 1-on-2 out-of-control hero move a few games ago, when JV was blatantly wide open and ready to receive a drop-off pass to make a simple game-tying dunk (and possibly attempt a game-winning free throw, had he been fouled by a desperate defender)?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Well at least DD's crunch time hero ball is easily fixable. Hero ball isn't good, but the only people that should be allowed to do that are Lebron, Curry and KD.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                And in DeRozan's defense, he's shown flashes of being a solid facilitator. He's always been a good team guy, even if his on-court play hasn't reflected that sort of sentiment.

I would love to know how a guy like Pop or SVG would have reacted after the game or while reviewing film, in response to DeRozan forcing an awful 1-on-2 out-of-control hero move a few games ago, when JV was blatantly wide open and ready to receive a drop-off pass to make a simple game-tying dunk (and possibly attempt a game-winning free throw, had he been fouled by a desperate defender)?
                If only we had a Pop or SVG to sort out the issues we have with our team.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  If only we had a Pop or SVG to sort out the issues we have with our team.
                  If we had either of them, this team would probably be closer to 1st seed, and JV would be averaging at least 15 and 10.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I don't know if this is the same play you referred to, but as I watched DD lose the ball out of bounds with a wide open JV a few feet away from him I wondered what % of the time DD passes to JV on a PnR. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 0% even though I'm sure it's a very small sample size. I'm sure one of the stathounds here would be happy to find it.

Now I have seen DD dump it off to JV before, but not on a PnR, usually only when JV is directly in his field of vision as DD is driving to the basket.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      I don't know if this is the same play you referred to, but as I watched DD lose the ball out of bounds with a wide open JV a few feet away from him I wondered what % of the time DD passes to JV on a PnR. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 0% even though I'm sure it's a very small sample size. I'm sure one of the stathounds here would be happy to find it.

Now I have seen DD dump it off to JV before, but not on a PnR, usually only when JV is directly in his field of vision as DD is driving to the basket.
                      The play at the end of the Bulls game?
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

JV has been the recipient of 20 passes so far this season in the PnR. We've scored 22 points on these. All told, we've gone to the roll man ~200 times this season, and the ball handler has kept it ~700 times.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          JV has been the recipient of 20 passes so far this season in the PnR. We've scored 22 points on these. All told, we've gone to the roll man ~200 times this season, and the ball handler has kept it ~700 times.
                          Yep, DD and Lowry typically use the pick to free themselves up for their own shot, almost never even looking at the roll man. I think that's Casey's offense though.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Yep, DD and Lowry typically use the pick to free themselves up for their own shot, almost never even looking at the roll man. I think that's Casey's offense though.
                            Hmmm. But hasn't Biyombo been setting a lot of those screens? And wasn't someone saying yesterday that DeMar has been in the top ten (or better) at driving and dishing? Relevant?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              Hmmm. But hasn't Biyombo been setting a lot of those screens? And wasn't someone saying yesterday that DeMar has been in the top ten (or better) at driving and dishing? Relevant?
                              I pointed that out, yeah. Driving is tracked seperately from PnR though. DeMar is pretty efficient as the PnR ball handler, scores at 0.99 PPP(ranked in the 90th percentile). The thing is, Scola, Patterson, and JV all score at a higher rate as the roll man.

Comment

• Casey got mocked last year when he said we weren't a good passing team, but maybe I'm the only one who agrees. Kyle is an OK passer for a PG, but nothing more and that's not really his strength, He throws the worst oops and is too short to see over the D a lot of times.

DD and JV's issues seem to be tunnel vision, a perfect example being that play at the end of the Bulls game. To their credit they do seem to be trying to improve: DD is finally starting to facilitate. My favourite moment the past few games was JV driving from the top of the key and instead of forcing up a contested shot, whipping the ball to DC for a wide open 3.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X