Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball4life wrote: View Post
    Boy was he bang on about them shots
    Hey he was right, he went 5 for 18 instead of 5 for 19. Gotta give him credit there

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      From the main page:

tbf he didn't go 4-19 again, he went 5-18.

#IMPROVEMENT
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

#IMPROVEMENT
        At this rate he'll be scoring 10 points on only 5 shots, 13 games from now.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          At this rate he'll be scoring 10 points on only 5 shots, 13 games from now.
          #hedidthemath
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• From reddit:

twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              I'm not there yet as give him credit for hard work and loyalty but am moving in that direction.
              Loyalty and not working hard when the lights come one dont win playoff basketball games

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Watching all the other teams that played today and the plain fact is that DD just isn't good enough to be a superstar, which isn't meant as offense to DD.

But what it does tell us is not to give him a max or a large contract that handicaps our flexibility for 4 years...

Let him walk and move on
                It does appear to be trending that way. I was already quite hesitant to give DD a max, but if his playoff struggles continue, perhaps into the second round, than its pretty easy to let him walk. I may reconsider if KD says he will come to Toronto if DD signs, but otherwise, we will continue to have playoff struggles.

Only real adverse affect would be figuring out what to do with Lowry next offseason. He could very well leave, also I don't think we should look to sign someone over 30 to a long deal when we would be looking to build around JV et all. Maybe trade him in the offseason to a team like Utah?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  #hedidthemath
                  hahaha. when lebron "did the math" to see what his age would be for the next olympics i almost shit myself laughing.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    It does appear to be trending that way. I was already quite hesitant to give DD a max, but if his playoff struggles continue, perhaps into the second round, than its pretty easy to let him walk. I may reconsider if KD says he will come to Toronto if DD signs, but otherwise, we will continue to have playoff struggles.

Only real adverse affect would be figuring out what to do with Lowry next offseason. He could very well leave, also I don't think we should look to sign someone over 30 to a long deal when we would be looking to build around JV et all. Maybe trade him in the offseason to a team like Utah?
                    At this point I'm willing to let DD walk and go after KD, Horford or Batum, any of the 3 will be an upgrade over DD. Either that, or you S&T DD.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      At this point I'm willing to let DD walk and go after KD, Horford or Batum, any of the 3 will be an upgrade over DD. Either that, or you S&T DD.
                      Wait a little longer, maybe he is just slumping against a good defenders. Certainly if the Raptors do get to the next round ( probably vs Heat) they will need DD and he can bounce back. However if he continues to be a chemistry killer/playing badley then I hope Masai won't be pulling the money truck to his driveway.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Wait a little longer, maybe he is just slumping against a good defenders. Certainly if the Raptors do get to the next round ( probably vs Heat) they will need DD and he can bounce back. However if he continues to be a chemistry killer/playing badley then I hope Masai won't be pulling the money truck to his driveway.
                        Not next round, I'm giving him next game. He got benched in the 4th and outplayed by a rookie. If you don't bounce back and have a good game after that, then what kind of a star are you?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          The problem is that all good teams have a good, long defender (PG, MKG, Winslow, Shump/LBJ, Crowder in the east are all good wing defenders who will only get better minus LBJ). If that plus the clogged paint makes DD useless in the playoffs is it really worth a max?

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

#IMPROVEMENT
                            #ProvedEm
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              From reddit:

let him go... let him goooooo

Comment

• The Pacers might be the team in the east that is perfectly staffed to cause this kind of play form DeRozan. He has had monster games this year against numerous teams. They weren't letting him score at will just to set him up for the playoffs. With PPat hitting his threes, CoJo carving them up inside, even Powell hitting threes, and in particular, JV treating them like children, they are going to have to pay attention to players other than Lowry and DD. When they do, the Raps are going to need DD's ability to get to the line and hit the mid-range or 3 pt shot.

I am not ready to write him off. He is a good player that the coaches will work hard to integrate into the offense for the reat of this series. I have no doubt they will succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X