Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    PG got 2 fouls relatively quickly last game and sat for a good portion of second quarter.
    Yeah, but Lowry and JV drew the fouls when George rotated to help.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DD hasn't lost his self confidence

...according to Cathal Kelly's column in the Globe today.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle29682203/

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

“I feel like there’s nothing to be frustrated about. I really do.”

It wasn’t said in the least bit angrily. He almost laughed.

“Just had two rough shooting nights. I don’t think it’s the end of the world. We still won. But once I get going, once the shots start falling and everything get to going, it’s going to be a scary sight for whoever we play.”
        This kinda stuff scares me.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          This kinda stuff scares me.
          The part that concerns me isn't the shooting. It's that he thinks its just the shooting that is the issue.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

I would be more worried if he was losing confidence. Lets not at acting like DD is the only elite SG struggling with there O in the playoffs.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              The part that concerns me isn't the shooting. It's that he thinks its just the shooting that is the issue.
              That's just it. It's all he wants to talk about is the shooting. Not the many other issues.

And even with the shooting, he's had his shot blocked 7 times in 2 games.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I would be more worried if he was losing confidence. Lets not at acting like DD is the only elite SG struggling with there O in the playoffs.
                Without fact checking, are they also struggling with the D in the playoffs?

Seriously, there are 2 sides of the ball in basketball and he's struggling with both but only focusing on 1.

Shooting is just one aspect of basketball. It's not even the only aspect on the offensive end but it's the only one he seems to be focusing on.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=ws

The list of guys, ever, who have had 30+ MPG, 25%+ usage and below 30% eFG in the playoffs. Notice how DeMar has the highest usage on that list?

He's not having a bad playoffs. He's having a historically bad playoffs.

Comment

Without fact checking, are they also struggling with the D in the playoffs?

Seriously, there are 2 sides of the ball in basketball and he's struggling with both but only focusing on 1.

Shooting is just one aspect of basketball. It's not even the only aspect on the offensive end but it's the only one he seems to be focusing on.
                    I mean I guess you could say Durant

Played well the first game but was terrible offensively the second game and he's never been a good defensive player

But I'm not sure if that means he's struggling defensively, he's playing the way you'd expect him to

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Yet Demar said that Paul George's defence hasn't impacted him lol

The above the break 3s are just bad shots from him. My guess is he was so happy to see an open look that he took it, forgetting that it isn't a shot he's really capable of.

Will be interesting to see if Casey runs anything different to try and get DD open or if the Pacers switch George onto KL.
                      Just keep letting JV beast, when they change their defense to double him every time he gets a touch DD can take any open shot wants.

Only thing I want to see would be fewer shots to DD until the defense sags off him. He hit two quick shots off JV PnR last game when the defense focused more on JV.

The answer seems so simple, yet I have no confidence in the execution...

Comment

Well to be fair, thats literally all the media wants to talk about, which is likely why he's responding about just the shooting...

Comment

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=ws

The list of guys, ever, who have had 30+ MPG, 25%+ usage and below 30% eFG in the playoffs. Notice how DeMar has the highest usage on that list?

He's not having a bad playoffs. He's having a historically bad playoffs.
                          Yes, he has the highest Usage of those listed there, but he also has the Highest Regular Season PER out of all those listed there, so it kind of makes sense that the Coach would have such a big part of the offense allocated to him, regardless of struggles. Its a 2 game sample size, and Lowry is right there with him. I'm not worried.. yet.

Comment

• If he becomes more of a facilitator, it will open up his shot. If he plays better defense, it will lead to run outs. It's all tied together. The quickest and easiest way for him to score more points is to play a complete game. Don't worry about the points, the game will come to you.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Yes, he has the highest Usage of those listed there, but he also has the Highest Regular Season PER out of all those listed there, so it kind of makes sense that the Coach would have such a big part of the offense allocated to him, regardless of struggles. Its a 2 game sample size, and Lowry is right there with him. I'm not worried.. yet.
                              In the playoffs, you deal with small sample sizes. Because some years you might only get a 4-7 game sample size.

Comment

In the playoffs, you deal with small sample sizes. Because some years you might only get a 4-7 game sample size.
                                Fair enough, but that doesn't mean that 2 games all of a sudden becomes enough to make ANY sort of conclusions off of. Its 2 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X