Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Easily the 2nd best player in franchise history.

What i've learned from this trade is, there's no loyalty in sports. You have to do what's BEST for you. This dude had a chance to play for his childhood team -- the Lakers, a couple of years ago -- but decided to re-sign with the Raptors. Now he's in San Antonio.

Sorry for hating on you Kevin Durant.
    Another thing that i've learned from this trade is to always trust the Vegas odds 😉
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Should still be our first retired jersey.

Comment

• Hold on, hold on. Demar's contract is up in two years. So what if, the Raptors just traded him to San Antonio to hopefully improve his game, take a chance on Leonard, and then, whether it works out or not, with all the cap space that'll open up in 2020, they could just resign him? Maybe even Demar is in on it and the "betrayal" story is all just a ruse to throw people off from the true plan.

Pop can teach him how to defend and play consistently well in the playoffs, and then after he leads the spurs to a title over the raps this year, he can spend another year beating the celtics or whatever in the finals before coming to show us how it's done!

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
          Hold on, hold on. Demar's contract is up in two years. So what if, the Raptors just traded him to San Antonio to hopefully improve his game, take a chance on Leonard, and then, whether it works out or not, with all the cap space that'll open up in 2020, they could just resign him? Maybe even Demar is in on it and the "betrayal" story is all just a ruse to throw people off from the true plan.

Pop can teach him how to defend and play consistently well in the playoffs, and then after he leads the spurs to a title over the raps this year, he can spend another year beating the celtics or whatever in the finals before coming to show us how it's done!
          ... he's not coming back. And I can't blame him for that either.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Should still be our first retired jersey.
            You don’t think #15 should be retired?

Comment

• wayner wrote: View Post
              You don’t think #15 should be retired?
              If we retire Vince, DeMar should come first.

Comment

• Do you guys like retiring jerseys for players that didn't win championships?

Comment

• I think some people underestimate how much Masai didn't want Demar on the books anymore. Basically he was getting 90M for 3 years. Regardless of this being a 1 year rental or not, long term it was a good deal. Raptors needed to rebuild and being semi-good/average is the worst thing to be in the NBA. There was no way they could rebuild with Demar Derozan on this roster.

Comment

• I'm gonna miss DeMar, he's a good man.

See ya around Deebo.

Comment

• DeMar couldn't have landed in a better spot. No better coach for his old-school style of play than Pops. And there are little to no finals expectations in San Antonio.

As much as I felt DeMar's style of play didn't fit our team and he was even more responsible than Casey for playoff embarrassments, he was also arguably the main reason we won so many regular season games, definitely last year with Lowry's minutes and usage cut back.

Anyway, DeMar was a class act in Toronto and I wish him all the best.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Anyone that thinks we screwed over DeMar (by trading him to arguably the best organization in sports) needs to give their head a shake.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                          Do you guys like retiring jerseys for players that didn't win championships?
                          Sure. I wouldn't retire the number of a player who was a role player on a championship winning team either.

Retiring a jersey is about contributions to a team on and off the court. Guys like Dan Majerle and Chris Webber were retired by Phoenix and Sacramento, and DeMar has more win shares as a Rap than either of those guys did with those two teams. Plus there's the culture and loyalty contributions, the position on the leaderboards...

I have no problem with retiring DD. I personally don't want Vince retired but I understand the argument for doing so.

Comment

• What did I like about him the most? His personality and I believe that's the biggest compliment you can give when the person is that talented.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Sad day for the Raptors. I wish we could have somehow kept DeMar but the move makes a lot of basketball sense. Feeling awful for how his departure was handled. I really want to know more about the recent talks with him during SL.

All the best to a classy guy that truly cared about the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X