Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Are you being deliberately obtuse? The Carroll thread is dead. No one cares about him, and no one cares where his dead thread sits. The DeMar thread will likely be active all season - and as such should be in the correct forum.
    No, no I get it. Derozan's no longer a raptor, so he's in let's nba, not everything raptors, this makes some sense. And that's also a good point perhaps, if his thread's being actively used it especially shouldn't stay in the raptors area.

Anyhow, I was just trying to back my guy (see above) who seems to support the reasoning I'm still more in favour of re: the Demar thread, despite understanding why the move was made and will stay that way. Anyway. Let's move on here. Onto actual relevant basketball talk!
    Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Thu Jul 26, 2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Some good Derozan pics with the Spurs. I'm really curiois to see what kind of impact Pop has on him. He's always been coachable, this might really help his game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnHN4mjH...=1c82pucp4w5bn

Comment

• Also does anyone else not read the stickies? They don't stick out to me for some reason and so my brain glosses over them.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Also does anyone else not read the stickies? They don't stick out to me for some reason and so my brain glosses over them.
          Yeah, definitely with you on that. But oh well, guess if people are really interested in a thread, they'll find it!

Comment

• DeRozan and Ibaka once everything's settled down.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Derozan claiming he's gonna drop 50 on us. Dude will be lucky to get 15 against this team. Does he know who he got traded for???

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Some really solid answers from DeMar. You could tell they were fishing for negative reactions but he was very equable throughout.

His answer to this was especially good, around 3:10.

Q: "In an era where guys go from team to team you're a guy that was loyal, how does that change your outlook on GMs, coaches, as far as being loyal to the players?"

A: "I mean you gotta base your self on what you stand for, your morals, you can't let nothing else change you... I'm gonna be me, I'm gonna be loyal to what's loyal to me, I'm gonna stand by whatever I believe in. I can't fault somebody else if they don't believe in it. You know I gotta keep my mindset, I can't let it change me, and be a completely different person because of somebody else's decision."

Comment

• Can’t wait to see Demar and the spurs play today.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Can’t wait to see Demar and the spurs play today.
                    He looked pretty good! Took and missed a couple bad shots but ended up with a decent percentage, dropped a couple dimes, and seemed engaged defensively. Poeltl looked pretty good too, grabbed a lot of boards - he only grabbed 10 boards 5 times total in his time here.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      He looked pretty good! Took and missed a couple bad shots but ended up with a decent percentage, dropped a couple dimes, and seemed engaged defensively. Poeltl looked pretty good too, grabbed a lot of boards - he only grabbed 10 boards 5 times total in his time here.
                      I thought he was alright. He did a lot of standing around, moving around without the ball. Went consecutive possessions without even touching it. I have to say that’s not how you maximize Demar’s value. Even if you have him moving off the ball (which I had been calling for for a couple years) you need to get the ball to him at least once a possession. He can break defenders down and has a plethora of counters and attack moves that can collapse the defence.

Poeltl looked really good. I was sad to see him go as he could have been one of the best backup centres in the league for us but you have to give up value to get guys like Kawhi.

Hopefully Demar’s lack of usage is just due to preseason. He’ll get his touches in the regular season. I also hope he can keep up the effort on D. He started last year pretty solid on defence and regressed heavily by the new year. Maybe he can keep it up if Pop is really tough on him.

Comment

• Random, but the title of the thread bothers me. It's DeRozan, not Derozan.

... sorry, OCD kicking in.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• meh, who cares about the Spurs

Comment

• The Spurs are heading to game seven. DeMar had a nice game six.

Comment

• Shout out to Demar.... (as relayed by Masai in yesterday's presser)... that DD visited the dressing room in Toronto last visit with the Spurs ... and hugged up with MU. Furthers solidifies the notion that he was always a good person .... which is sometimes a much more desired thing that a good baller. When I look at his contribution to the Raptors I think his close relationship with Kyle had to have a calming/positive effect on his sometimes abrasive personality.

So, all's good it seems in the Raptors Alumni Assn.

Comment

• Glad to hear it. DeMar was only hurting himself by hanging onto that.

Comment

Working...
                                X