No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pullup 3 talk earlier got me thinking.

All teams take them, but only a few are even half decent at hitting them. We take 5 per game, most teams take more. Only the Bucks and Heat take less than 3.

Lowry takes an uncontested pullup 3 with no teammate(s) under the basket. Seems like a terrible shot, but is it really? Holding on and running a traditional set will increase the chances of points for that possession. But what happens on the following opponent possession?

With our bigs still back, they have a better chance of defending the next opponent possession and preventing easy transition points. So maybe (just a guess) analytic departments have discovered it's not as bad a shot as it seems on the surface.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Interesting Discussion Fam,

Back on The RealGm Forums,

there was a Article That Stated That Dwayne casey was trying to get Lowry Traded....

seems Casey Loved the 33+ Year old Calderon over a 22 Year old Lowry,

kinda Like How Casey Repped Calderon over a 23 Year Old Jerryd "Tha Boy Bay" Bayless...

YALL KNOW THAT BAYLESS WAS THE 3RD RATED POINT GUARD PERIOD!!! WHEN HE STARTED???

ONLY CHRIS PAUL AND DERON WILLIAMS RATED HIGHER THEN BAYLESS,

BAYLESS AKA THA BOY BAY WAS JUST LEARNING HOW TO BECOME A LEAD GUARD ALSO, 3RD RATED

BAYLESS WAS RATED 3RD POINT GUARD REGARDLESS

JERRYD HAD A TS OF 59%...

YET DWAYNE CASEY REFUSED TO REP HIM ON THE COURT,
      CASEY REPPED A 30+ YEAR OLD CALDERON. BAYLESS GETS TRADED

LOWRY COMES TO THA GOOD, CASEY REFUSES TO REP LOWRY REPS A 33+ YEAR OLD CALDERON

CASEY TRIES TO GET LOWRY TRADED

UJIRI FORCES CASEY TO REP LOWRY, LOWRY A 2 TIME ALL STAR VOTED AS STARTER FROM THE FANS!!!

WHY DOES JAMES NOT REP, WHY DOES LUCAS A SPANISH DEFENDER OF THE YEAR NOT REP,

WHY DOES JONAS NOT GET SHOOTING ATTEMPTS.

CASEY HAS GOT TO GO!!!
      Last edited by CB4Champ; Sun Jan 24, 2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        The pullup 3 talk earlier got me thinking.

All teams take them, but only a few are even half decent at hitting them. We take 5 per game, most teams take more. Only the Bucks and Heat take less than 3.

Lowry takes an uncontested pullup 3 with no teammate(s) under the basket. Seems like a terrible shot, but is it really? Holding on and running a traditional set will increase the chances of points for that possession. But what happens on the following opponent possession?

With our bigs still back, they have a better chance of defending the next opponent possession and preventing easy transition points. So maybe (just a guess) analytic departments have discovered it's not as bad a shot as it seems on the surface.
        This really makes no sense. Throwing away an offensive possession because it might help you stop the opponent's next possession? With Lowry hitting pull-ups at a 28% clip, the opponent's next play has to average less than 0.84 PPP. There aren't a whole lot of plays in the NBA worse than that.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          My bad.

I just think the idea that guys are being held accountable in private kinda silly.

When Lowry kills an offensive run by running down and firing a pull-up contested 3 with 17 on the shot clock, he should be pulled. Don't wait til the film session.

When DeMar dribbles for 10 seconds then fires a contested 20ft pull-up, he should be pulled.

Anyone else on the team would be.
          Are you inferring that other 'star' players around the league get yanked from the game and benched every time they take a bad shot? I think you're way off on that one.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
            Ha was that at Square One?

Those bikes look familiar, I was there today and also got a picture with DD
            haha no this was at dufferin mall! bizarre place to have an event like this but much appreciated!

Comment

This really makes no sense. Throwing away an offensive possession because it might help you stop the opponent's next possession? With Lowry hitting pull-ups at a 28% clip, the opponent's next play has to average less than 0.84 PPP. There aren't a whole lot of plays in the NBA worse than that.
              That 28% is for all types of situations, end of quarter, late shot clock, contested etc. Also he may be at 28% so far this year, but was at 34% and 32% the 2 years prior.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• LOWRY NEEDS TO GET YANKED WHEN HE JACKS UP SHOTS REGARDLESS

Demar and Lowry Sometimes hog the ball and don't get the Rest of The Squad Involved.

WHY DOES THAT COACH CASEY YANK JAMES, ROSS, VAL, LUCAS YET DEMAR AND LOWRY SEEM TO REP 38+ MINUTES REGARDLESS

SEEMS DEMAR AND LOWRY CAN ISO AND BALLHOG AND THEY WILL STILL REP 38+ MINUTES....

REMINDS ME OF DERRICK ROSE ON THA BULLS WHO REPPED 43 MINUTES INSIDE THE PLAYOFFS!

Comment

That 28% is for all types of situations, end of quarter, late shot clock, contested etc. Also he may be at 28% so far this year, but was at 34% and 32% the 2 years prior.
                  Yea he used to be decent at hitting those even though they aren't the greatest shot. But at the end of the day this season he isn't hitting them well so he should stop
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

League average on three pointers is 35.1%. Last year it was 35.0%, the year before 36.0%. Those are below average shots every year, and still not a good early shot clock shot.

Comment

• The Hawks take about as many pull up 3's as we have this year and have been hitting them about the same as us. Dallas takes 33% more pull up 3's (6.7/game) and shooting 27%. There's got to be something more than simplisticly saying "bad shot".

Comment

The Hawks take about as many pull up 3's as we have this year and have been hitting them about the same as us. Dallas takes 33% more pull up 3's (6.7/game) and shooting 27%. There's got to be something more than simplisticly saying "bad shot".
                        Other teams also take bad shots? This isn't surprising to me.

Comment

Other teams also take bad shots? This isn't surprising to me.
                          That's implying Carlisle demands less accountability than Casey, if bad shots DEMAND accountability.

Comment

That's implying Carlisle demands less accountability than Casey, if bad shots DEMAND accountability.
                            Only if you're definitively saying that Carlisle doesn't bench players after bad pull-up 3s. If you can back that up, I'll agree with you.

Comment

Only if you're definitively saying that Carlisle doesn't bench players after bad pull-up 3s. If you can back that up, I'll agree with you.
                              Maybe the Mav players are taking so many pullup 3's so Carlisle will bench them, thereby reducing their risk of injury.

Comment

Maybe the Mav players are taking so many pullup 3's so Carlisle will bench them, thereby reducing their risk of injury.
                                I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that the number of pull-ups they take by itself doesn't prove anything, you have to prove that: a) they're bad pull-up 3 attempts, and b) they aren't held accountable.

Or else it's not a comparable situation.

I'm just asking you to back up your position before I agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X