Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Were the complaints about DeRozan that he should drive more? Or that his game was out-dated and that a SG needs to be able to shoot 3s, and as a result we should get rid of him for someone who can?

Just wondering.
    I've written myself explicitly, and others have too, that all he needed to do was take a couple fewer long range two's, which have always been his least efficient shot. He's been an All-Star/borderline All-Star for several seasons - take a couple fewer long two's, drive or shoot corner three's instead, put a bit more of that offensive ISO energy into facilitating and defending, and you'd have a DeMar who has taken the next step. Literally, this has been written here plenty of times for several years. Not everybody was "crapping all over DeMar" all the time or whatever hyperbole is being bandied about today.

People love glossing over nuance and leaping to extreme and opposing points. It's easy and lazy. I'm not about to make any sweeping statements about "everybody who hated DeMar" or "everybody who believed in DeMar." These statements are literally as useless as racial stereotypes. Quick, make generalized statements so we can lump everybody into two opposing groups and throw mud at each other!
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Yes, but they get paid a lot of money to be idiots, which makes them smarter than all of us combined.
      Smart idiots? I like the ring to that.

Comment

• I'd also like to point out that this team hasn't achieved anything yet other than consecutive first round exits. Clearly as a fan I'm hoping for much more this spring, but discussion about trading core players in the past, like DeMar, have always been motivated by a desire to see the team get better. Trading Rudy Gay completely changed this team. We don't know what would have happened if Lowry had gone to the Knicks, or if some DeMar trade had happened two years ago. The futility of "gloating" lies in the fact that we don't even know if this team would be worse or better if they had tanked or made trades when many thought they should. They could be a lottery team building around Wiggins and KAT type talent. Who would be right about "believing in DeMar" if the Raptors currently had core pieces with legit top 10 potential?

The gloating is so useless.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Amazing the number of people who feel that posters aren't qualified to have valid opinions on Casey/DD/etc yet keep coming to a basketball forum to discuss those very things.

I personally value the opinion of posters more than any comments from Casey or the media because we aren't here to sell a brand. Honest unfiltered opinions from a wide range of people - firms pay good money for information like that.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I personally value the opinion of posters more than any comments from Casey or the media because we aren't here to sell a brand. Honest unfiltered opinions from a wide range of people - firms pay good money for information like that.
            First, I admire your level of cynicism about Casey and the media. To value the opinions of people like you and me over theirs......

Second, if you truly ascribe to the wisdom of the masses, from a truly wide range of people -- fans, media, other league folks, #norm, Drake -- the masses clearly believe the Raps are in good shape right now. This here forum is a small sample size, a veritable vacuum.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
              First, I admire your level of cynicism about Casey and the media. To value the opinions of people like you and me over theirs......

Second, if you truly ascribe to the wisdom of the masses, from a truly wide range of people -- fans, media, other league folks, #norm, Drake -- the masses clearly believe the Raps are in good shape right now. This here forum is a small sample size, a veritable vacuum.
              I said I value the opinions, not drink the koolaid. I still analyze and consider what is being said; no source is above reprieve, which others don't seem to agree with.

The masses are also not particularly well informed basketball fans. Hence why RR exists.

If Casey or the media were having an honest conversation, that would be different but they aren't. Casey is trying to sell his brand of basketball to the fans. Media outlets are all trying to sell "papers". That's why Stephen A Smith gets the big bucks, not because he has the best analysis or the best opinions but because he sells the most "clicks". With the odd exception, no one here really has an agenda. Honest insight and observation - if I could get it from Casey or the media that I'd be thrilled but it just isn't the case.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Comment

• No posts 7:30 pm to 9 AM...looks like I fortunately missed some fireworks lol

Oh..and looks like no DeMar in the dunk contest. That's a shame. Would have been fun.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Did I miss something??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      Did I miss something??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I went to bed after the golden state game last night, so have no idea what happened.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Remember these tweets from a few years ago, not even sure these guys want to go back to LA necessarily.

Really don't buy the hometown argument for FAs at all. Maybe if the team is actually really good and there's a reason to go there besides it just being your hometown.

Comment

• Never understood the "we got ringz" argument. Does Magic Johnson allow Roy Hibbert to borrow his rings?

You know who else has rings? The Maple Leafs.

Case closed.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Never understood the "we got ringz" argument. Does Magic Johnson allow Roy Hibbert to borrow his rings?

You know who else has rings? The Maple Leafs.

Case closed.
                            Yeah, and the Leafs are totally getting Stamkos. Case closed.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Basketball Insiders on DD this year.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...aceted-player/

DeRozan leads the league in drives to the rim per game at 11.8. Specifically, DeRozan has shown major improvements in his ability to go off the dribble and attack defenses working out of pick-and-rolls, which many of the league’s best 3-and-D shooting guards are incapable of doing. DeRozan has been the ball handler in 361 pick-and-roll sets this season, which is the 11th most in the league and five more than even Lowry. DeRozan trails only the most ball dominant point guards in the league like Reggie Jackson, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, John Wall and Isaiah Thomas

More importantly than how often DeRozan is the ball handler in pick-and-roll sets is how effective he is. DeRozan is generating .99 points per possession, which is the seventh highest mark in the league (among all players who have been the ball-handler in 30 or more pick-and-roll sets this season) and places him in the 94th percentile.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Saw this on RealGM, but DeRozan's 2 wins away from becoming the sole all-time winningest Raptor

Comment

Working...
                                X