Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Well then I expect you to post a #FireMasai thread by morning sir. No point being upset with a building when it was the architect that designed it and chose the materials.
    Has he maxed DeMar? Did I miss the part where that already happened?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      LOL, it was a joke, but I do think your beef is with the team construction. No point being mad at the player for his limitations. I for one think he will turn things around. Can't wait for tip off!

Comment

Seriously? I've been on this board for 5 months and have 5000 posts. I've been this active since I joined.

Don't hate DeMar either, just don't think he's the reincarnation of Jordan. I see his flaws, which apparently makes me a 'hater'.

I don't think you can win a championship with him as a max player, and I think the NBA is about winning championships.
        1. No one here has ever said DeMar is the reincarnation of Jordan.
        2. You don't just see his flaws, you aggressively harp on them ad nauseam.
        3. That doesn't make you a hater, it makes you repetitive and boring.

I don't think you can win a championship with Demar as your best player. Whether you can win a championship with him earning the max depends on how effectively you use the balance of the cap, and if/how you choose to go over it. But that is a different conversation, and one that can't be reduced to a simple platitude.

Comment

Your in for a rude awakening buddy. I would stay way from ESPN on July 1st.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            LOL, it was a joke, but I do think your beef is with the team construction. No point being mad at the player for his limitations. I for one think he will turn things around. Can't wait for tip off!
            I love the team's construction. I think it's brilliant to have a good team that's deep with young talent, a team good enough that DeMar could walk this summer and we can still contend to win our division.

We aren't a championship contender, but we aren't out of the running to become one at any point in the foreseeable future because of Masai's roster construction.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Your in for a rude awakening buddy. I would stay way from ESPN on July 1st.
              Believe it or not, I've also posted in favor of maxing DeMar for asset retention reasons. I still see that argument. I don't think you win a championship with DeMar as a max player, but I don't like letting assets walk for nothing.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                1. No one here has ever said DeMar is the reincarnation of Jordan.
                2. You don't just see his flaws, you aggressively harp on them ad nauseam.
                3. That doesn't make you a hater, it makes you repetitive and boring.

I don't think you can win a championship with Demar as your best player. Whether you can win a championship with him earning the max depends on how effectively you use the balance of the cap, and if/how you choose to go over it. But that is a different conversation, and one that can't be reduced to a simple platitude.
                I'm hardly the only person around here guilty of repeating arguments. In terms of DeMar as a max player, my basis for that is that the only players in the last 30 years to be in the top 10 highest paid and win championships are guaranteed hall of famers. DeMar isn't in that league.

I've given DeMar plenty of credit where due, and I've made the argument that he can be a much better shooter and playmaker if he picks his 3pt attempts better and he looks for his teammates more. He hasn't done that.

Maybe I'm repetitive on DeMar's defensive lapses, but those have been worse in the playoffs, not better. And they're an issue for the Raptors. If I'm not mistaken, this is a forum for discussing the things that affect the Raptors.

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Seriously? I've been on this board for 5 months and have 5000 posts.
                    You need a hobby.

That said, its hilarious reading all these fancy and long statistical diatribes designed to prove to everyone how poorly DD has played thus far.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and wonder aloud if simply having watched isn't good enough?

What is it you guys are are actually doing....typing words just to see them then admire your statistical confirmation that derozan missed all his shots.

Nobody questioned that. who would waste 30 mins banging out a stats report to prove an obvious fact.

Its fucking baffling to me.

Dude played bad. NBA culture is such that refs will swallow whistles on ANY player not a mega star and allow the other team to beat the shit out of them..... they call it "playoff basketball". Nothing new, nothing that needs Analytics to demonstrate. Just watch the contact, contact that is always called in the reg season.

Basketball is part show, part game. Its entertainment. You need to buy into that because it a fact. The media is a huge part of the game and a successful coach learns to use it to his advantage. A Savvy GM will sway a series, and owner...all with a few simple comments in the press.

Vogel did it. He was brash an unapolagetic in his pre-series whining and it worked. The officials did as he asked. Simple gamesmanship really. What was sad was that Toronto took it lying down like a beat dog and did nothing to fire back. Casey takes the high road and instead threw his guys under the bus. Masia, silent. And guess what, Derozan will get hammered, blocked and basically taken out of his game again tonight, even worse I bet as the crowd will influence the game.

Too many people mistake standing up for yourself as whining. Shots were fired, by Frank Vogel. 2 games in, none have come back his way and I feel that is a cardinal error on toronto's side of things. They will pay dearly tonight. I'm calling a blow out, like 20 points easy. only way that changes is if Derozan takes it hard to the hoop, like HARD, and then takes a tech, along with casey if nothing changes. As well, absolutely Toronto needs to lay out some seriously HARD fouls. You need to shift focus. You need to play like men and take your ground back. if you don't. You're beat.

It might be too late after that.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Is that movie actually good? Everyone in my office keeps telling go watch it.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Comment

If you work in an office, it should be mandatory viewing.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            You need a hobby.

That said, its hilarious reading all these fancy and long statistical diatribes designed to prove to everyone how poorly DD has played thus far.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and wonder aloud if simply having watched isn't good enough?

What is it you guys are are actually doing....typing words just to see them then admire your statistical confirmation that derozan missed all his shots.

Nobody questioned that. who would waste 30 mins banging out a stats report to prove an obvious fact.

Its fucking baffling to me.

Dude played bad. NBA culture is such that refs will swallow whistles on ANY player not a mega star and allow the other team to beat the shit out of them..... they call it "playoff basketball". Nothing new, nothing that needs Analytics to demonstrate. Just watch the contact, contact that is always called in the reg season.

Basketball is part show, part game. Its entertainment. You need to buy into that because it a fact. The media is a huge part of the game and a successful coach learns to use it to his advantage. A Savvy GM will sway a series, and owner...all with a few simple comments in the press.

Vogel did it. He was brash an unapolagetic in his pre-series whining and it worked. The officials did as he asked. Simple gamesmanship really. What was sad was that Toronto took it lying down like a beat dog and did nothing to fire back. Casey takes the high road and instead threw his guys under the bus. Masia, silent. And guess what, Derozan will get hammered, blocked and basically taken out of his game again tonight, even worse I bet as the crowd will influence the game.

Too many people mistake standing up for yourself as whining. Shots were fired, by Frank Vogel. 2 games in, none have come back his way and I feel that is a cardinal error on toronto's side of things. They will pay dearly tonight. I'm calling a blow out, like 20 points easy. only way that changes is if Derozan takes it hard to the hoop, like HARD, and then takes a tech, along with casey if nothing changes. As well, absolutely Toronto needs to lay out some seriously HARD fouls. You need to shift focus. You need to play like men and take your ground back. if you don't. You're beat.

It might be too late after that.
                            I have a hobby. It's writing about sports. That has me frequently looking at stats, which come in handy. Posting here and other similar places gives me exposure to dissenting opinions, which helps me question my own biases. Convinced me to look more into DeMar's stats and find some of the good stuff I wasn't seeing from the eye test which warmed me up to him as the season went on.

However, in the playoffs he's regressed to the player he was before those improvements.

Comment

Let's not jump to conclusions....without a mat.

Also, my reaction every time while reading this thread:

Last edited by Mess; Thu Apr 21, 2016, 11:58 AM.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                You were saying Ross couldnt handle DDs role in the offense

No shit sherlock

As for the JV/powell stuff thats more of a general comment because this place gets so lost in specific Player X vs Y that they forget the team effect on changing things

Ross is an elite 3pt shooter. Teams really do respect him when he steps on the floor.
                                I absolutely did not. I said he couldn't handle his Usage. Big difference in my mind.

And are the kids still using that "Sherlock" line? Thats fun.

I stick by my claim that Ross isn't "Elite" anything. I like the guy though.

Comment

Working...
                                X