The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury wrote: View Post
    That was nothing compared to all thr dumb shit that Conor has done the last couple of years. Or are we just going to forget that?

- CM threw BOTTLES at Diaz
    - CM tried to attack Aldo
    - Attacked Khabib's bus and INJURED a couple of people
    - made deragorary remarks about Khabib's religion, wife and father.

Did the UFC even punished Conor for any of the things that i mentioned?
    I've already addressed this above. "Two wrongs don't make a right" Rex. Khabib has always said he isn't bothered by it, playing the cool operator, and he chooses then to go full Rusky? Lol

Which is the key differentiator - the Nevada State Athletic Commission doesn't sanction the Press Conferences or lead up to the fights. They do however, sanction and oversee the Fight; which is where Khabib fucked up.

Fury wrote: View Post
    If Khabib gets suspended long term for what he did then i'm done.

Now, the guy that sucker punched Conor there in the end should be in jail.
    Once again, it won't be the UFC suspending him, it will be the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Huge difference.

And it was 3 guys from Khabibs team. You don't think he is at least partially responsible for the people he brings with him to the octagon?

Comment

I also want to add, McGregor has to be the most overated fighter in the history of the sport. The UFC has done a terrific job sheltering him. His career took off after beating Aldo with a lucky punch. Speaking of Aldo, how did he not get a rematch against Conor? but somehow we're talking about a Conor/Khabib rematch lol. Why? because Conor lost? If Khabib lost, would the UFC even give him a rematch? or would they just "Aldo" him?
      Aldo was never even close to the draw that Conor was/is. Dana White likes money. Case closed.

Comment

• It's called respect. Aldo is one of the TRUE greats in the history of the sport. Not giving him a rematch was a joke. You don't think a Conor/Aldo rematch would sell?

They didn't give him a rematch because 1. They knew he's the superior fighter and 2. They knew McGregor would lose.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's called respect. Aldo is one of the TRUE greats in the history of the sport. Not giving him a rematch was a joke.
          I'm not disagreeing with you man. Just stating the obvious. But also, after a 13 second knockout, it was brilliant of them to just move on from a Promotion perspective. Conor is the Golden Goose.

You don't think a Conor/Aldo rematch would sell?
          Not as well as Conor vs RDA for the Lightweight Belt/Double-Champ; which turned into Nate Diaz at Welterweight, which was one of the top selling fights of all time. As was the rematch. And then Alvarez for the Title/Double-Champ. Don't forget UFC is a Promotor/Promotion, and they finally found a Money Tree.

They didn't give him a rematch because 1. They knew he's the superior fighter and 2. They knew McGregor would lose.
          Oh I don't know about that. I would disagree. There's no denying Conor was/is special; or at least his Left Hand. He didn't get lucky all those times. He knows how to knock people out. Just because he finally lost to perhaps the greatest Lightweight of All-time, doesn't make him "overrated".
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 8, 2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I also want to add, McGregor has to be the most overated fighter in the history of the sport. The UFC has done a terrific job sheltering him. His career took off after beating Aldo with a lucky punch. Speaking of Aldo, how did he not get a rematch against Conor? but somehow we're talking about a Conor/Khabib rematch lol. Why? because Conor lost? If Khabib lost, would the UFC even give him a rematch? or would they just "Aldo" him?
            It's called respect. Aldo is one of the TRUE greats in the history of the sport. Not giving him a rematch was a joke. You don't think a Conor/Aldo rematch would sell?

both fighters have to agree to the contract. it would have been conor who didn't give the rematch to aldo. he also hasn't fought at 145 since that fight. if a rematch happens it is totally up to khabib. does khabib want more money? if he does, fight conor and get your ppv money.

the fighters took over the game, especially the drawers after conor took over. we might not ever see another champion like silva or gsp who had title defense after defense against the best in their division because the champs are picking their fights, except woodley because he has no fans.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Oh I don't know about that. I would disagree. There's no denying Conor was/is special; or at least his Left Hand. He didn't get lucky all those times. He knows how to knock people out. Just because he finally lost to perhaps the greatest Lightweight of All-time, doesn't make him "overrated".
              agreed. conor has special power and timing. he actually did better in the first round when khabib brought him down then i thought he would, but then gassed out. this goes back to my point of connor has a gauge now to prep for fight 2. everyone said you can't know or understand how heavy khabib is until your in with him. now he knows.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                both fighters have to agree to the contract. it would have been conor who didn't give the rematch to aldo. he also hasn't fought at 145 since that fight. if a rematch happens it is totally up to khabib. does khabib want more money? if he does, fight conor and get your ppv money.

the fighters took over the game, especially the drawers after conor took over. we might not ever see another champion like silva or gsp who had title defense after defense against the best in their division because the champs are picking their fights, except woodley because he has no fans.
                Hahahaha Aw, poor Woodley. No respect I tell ya, No respect.

Comment

• joe on connor/khabib

Comment

• Woodley is the Bernard Hopkins of UFC. Great fighter but boring to watch.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/khabib-n...183505255.html

"The 30-year-old’s father has promised to punish him, condemning his son’s role in sparking a massive post-match brawl.

“I will be very hard on this. I warned him,” Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov told RenTV. “For me, discipline comes first.”

Khabib’s response following fight night, with the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s decisions on everyone’s minds? “I know my father is going to smash me when I go home.”"

hahahahaha. khabib going to get beat like a child. internally blame connor for the beating, and here comes the rematch.
                      Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Oct 8, 2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• John Kavanaugh is on JRE right now.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          John Kavanaugh is on JRE right now.

being very honest too.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/khabib-n...183505255.html

"The 30-year-old’s father has promised to punish him, condemning his son’s role in sparking a massive post-match brawl.

“I will be very hard on this. I warned him,” Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov told RenTV. “For me, discipline comes first.”

Khabib’s response following fight night, with the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s decisions on everyone’s minds? “I know my father is going to smash me when I go home.”"

hahahahaha. khabib going to get beat like a child. internally blame connor for the beating, and here comes the rematch.
                            Get ready Khabib... Not a cub anymore...

Comment

• Nate Diaz v Khabib, thoughts?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Nate Diaz v Khabib, thoughts?
                                Bummer that Poirier got injured. Was really looking forward to that fight.

Diaz vs Khabib would be interesting. Diaz has the length and ground game to perhaps be a threat... perhaps. But GSP exposed him, and I expect Khabib would end up doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X