No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had the chance to kinda sit and listen to Chael, Joe Rogan, John Kavanugh, Ariel Helwani and the Fox broadcast crew talk about it.

I'm utterly disappointed as a big fan of the UFC. As entertaining as it was from Artem being slapped, to the bus incident, to the press conferences leading up, to the jump-the-cage attack, it was bad all around.

They could've kept it professional while still keeping the animosity of hate.

No one here can take full responsibility -- everyone is at fault. Conor, Khabib, Dillon Danis, Artem the GOAT, to Khabib's team, Ali, etc. etc. It was just ugly.

I don't want to see a rematch. As Miekenstein and I predicted, Conor got destroyed. Damn, I mean, it's a milestone in itself to win a round against Khabib.

I knew that a two-year layoff would be a problem for Conor, esp. when he's coming back with no reason to fight while admitting he fell out of love with the game. He didn't look like Conor McGregor when he won the lightweight title from Alvarez, he didn't look like the guy that managed to weather a storm vs. Chad Mendes, and he sure as hell didn't look like a warrior from the two Diaz fights.

Conor fought like shit. He needs to get one more fight in before he starts contending for titles again.

I want to see Khabib and Ferguson. I assume the NSAC will suspend Khabib for awhile, likely stripping the title, too. So, interim/real title between Ferguson and Nate, while Conor and Poirier can fight at the next available card when Dustin has healed up.

GSP is also a play in there at some point.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Shit, BALLS WAS HOT.

I'm soooooooooooooo looking forward to Lewis and Cormier at MSG. That's gonna be a knuckle cruncher..

... unless Cormier shoots for the takedown.

How is Derrick's ground game? I've heard that he is sub-par there. Cormier is a world-class wrestler so, I think this fight ends up being one-dimensional unless Cormier really wants to keep it standing up. Which would be dumb.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Nate Diaz v Khabib, thoughts?
        I think we have seen what khabib does to jujitsu blackbelts in the dos anjos fight. I think it would be more of the same with either diaz, as they don't knock people out as much as constantly punch them in the face for 5 rounds. Either of them have the cardio to take a 5 round shit kicking though.

Right now I think the only guy that can beat khabib is Tony, and it is a big maybe. He might be the only guy on the roster with the randomness element to his jujitsu that khabib might not be able to adequately prepare for, and then like connor he gets a one shot "if Tony can somehow sneak a darce on"

Khabib can be a champion for a long time.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          I think we have seen what khabib does to jujitsu blackbelts in the dos anjos fight. I think it would be more of the same with either diaz, as they don't knock people out as much as constantly punch them in the face for 5 rounds. Either of them have the cardio to take a 5 round shit kicking though.

Right now I think the only guy that can beat khabib is Tony, and it is a big maybe. He might be the only guy on the roster with the randomness element to his jujitsu that khabib might not be able to adequately prepare for, and then like connor he gets a one shot "if Tony can somehow sneak a darce on"

Khabib can be a champion for a long time.
          I always thought Alvarez would be a good matchup for Khabib. I think Eddie could go at it with him. Maybe not win, but I think he's put up a good fight.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            Shit, BALLS WAS HOT.

I'm soooooooooooooo looking forward to Lewis and Cormier at MSG. That's gonna be a knuckle cruncher..

... unless Cormier shoots for the takedown.

How is Derrick's ground game? I've heard that he is sub-par there. Cormier is a world-class wrestler so, I think this fight ends up being one-dimensional unless Cormier really wants to keep it standing up. Which would be dumb.
            Unless Lewis punches Cormier in the head, Cormier will win easy

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              I always thought Alvarez would be a good matchup for Khabib. I think Eddie could go at it with him. Maybe not win, but I think he's put up a good fight.
              Agreed, eddie could take a good beating. I think he is in contract talks right now and might be going to bellator

Comment

• Conor/Khabib who?! Bones is back!!
                The promotion has officially booked Jon Jones versus Alexander Gustafsson for UFC 232 on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas, multiple sources close to the organization told ESPN.

Comment

Conor/Khabib who?! Bones is back!!
                  Such a good fight. Fight 1 will for sure be on youtube and it was great.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

so it looks like khabib might be finished in th ufc

Comment

Conor/Khabib who?! Bones is back!!
                        Cheater

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• The UFC is a fucking shit show of entertainment. Not a better time to be a fan, to be honest.

Khabib/Conor drama, but in the midst of it they've:

- Booked Bullet Schevchenko and Joanna for UFC 231.
                          - Have their championship bout for MSG between Cormier/Lewis (not to mention Lewis becoming an internet sensation after one night)
                          - Jon Jones is BACK vs. Gustafsson for UFC 232

They have lost Poirier and Diaz, but I assume a last-minute sub like Ferguson, or even Gaethje/Kevin Lee will step in. Gaethje and Diaz is a fucking slobber knocker, and Kevin Lee/Diaz pressers would be hilarious. I hope Ferguson recovers fast, cause man, he's the best dude in the division aside from Khabib, and he deserves a money fight or a title shot.

Brock Lesnar and GSP currently waiting in the wings of a fight, not to mention Toronto is getting a nasty fucking card headlined by Ortega and Holloway, which might be my favourite fight from the entire year. I was disappointed when the issue/injury came down with Max.

So, effin, excited.

Also, any word on Ngannou? I think him and Stipe for a second fight would be a much better tussle.

Comment

• Shevchenko is now fighting another nobody.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              Shevchenko is now fighting another nobody.
                              What?

Did something change?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/...on-for-ufc-231

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                ahh, back on. great, the other fight didn't look interesting at all

Comment

Working...
                                X