No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Oct 13, 2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Watching Khabib completely dominate Conor was just crazy.

I had a thread, though, about the fight.

This is why the UFC has the reputation that it does. Or the fight business, for that matter. Imagine playing Derrick Rose 45 minutes immediately after he was cleared to play five-on-five... Oh, that happened?

Conor should've never been in the cage with Khabib, not for awhile, at least. He needed a win/tune-up fight. He didn't even deserve an immediate title shot -- should've been Ferguson all along, even though that damn fight is cursed beyond measure lol.

I don't even think Conor would do much better in a rematch, which I'm disappointed in. He didn't learn much from fighting Nate. Conor is so bad on the ground, and he lacks mental strength down there he ends up giving his back. Goddamn what is with his cardio.

Mind you, I'm a big McGregor fan.
      Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sat Oct 13, 2018, 04:32 PM.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/geor...comeback-2019/

George says maybe in 2019. Khabib vs george at 155 would be fucking epic. Fuck Tony, I want khabib vs george. I want to see khabib's wrestling against George's wrestling. Have to give george advantage on the feet. Want want want.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/geor...comeback-2019/

George says maybe in 2019. Khabib vs george at 155 would be fucking epic. Fuck Tony, I want khabib vs george. I want to see khabib's wrestling against George's wrestling. Have to give george advantage on the feet. Want want want.
          That's a fucking insane fight. I was listening to Helwani's show, and it sounds like GSP is itching for that fight.

Problem is, NSAC is probably giving Khabib AT LEAST six months. They've got that hearing on Oct. 24, and both are suspended 10 days since Oct. 15.

So... hypothetically, both guys could train, and fight happens as early as April/May? That's with a full camp. I'd have to give Khabib the advantage, as crazy as that sounds. Losing the weight is obviously hard as we all know. From 180 to 155 is fucking crazy, even for GSP. He'll be worn out by the weight cut in my opinion, and Khabib is already a monster at 155.

But, let's say none of that applies, there's no question George is the better overall fighter.

Comment

• Khabib rematch would go basically exactly how the 1st fight went. Khabib is so dominant on the ground there's nothing McGregor can learn in a few months or even years to make the fight compelling.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              That's a fucking insane fight. I was listening to Helwani's show, and it sounds like GSP is itching for that fight.

Problem is, NSAC is probably giving Khabib AT LEAST six months. They've got that hearing on Oct. 24, and both are suspended 10 days since Oct. 15.

So... hypothetically, both guys could train, and fight happens as early as April/May? That's with a full camp. I'd have to give Khabib the advantage, as crazy as that sounds. Losing the weight is obviously hard as we all know. From 180 to 155 is fucking crazy, even for GSP. He'll be worn out by the weight cut in my opinion, and Khabib is already a monster at 155.

But, let's say none of that applies, there's no question George is the better overall fighter.
              I think this was all planned when GSP beat Bisping. He lays low, however in the last bunch of photoi's I have seen I can tell he has been systematically dropping weight all along. He was never going to try to cut in 6 months, he is using a whole year or more to do it right. I bet he isn't too far off already. He had to go way above his natural size to fight Bisping, so once he get back to normal, it's just a matter of doing the work to reduce further.

The figt is going to happen, GSP wants 3 weight divisions, and I think he will get them.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                I think this was all planned when GSP beat Bisping. He lays low, however in the last bunch of photoi's I have seen I can tell he has been systematically dropping weight all along. He was never going to try to cut in 6 months, he is using a whole year or more to do it right. I bet he isn't too far off already. He had to go way above his natural size to fight Bisping, so once he get back to normal, it's just a matter of doing the work to reduce further.

The figt is going to happen, GSP wants 3 weight divisions, and I think he will get them.
                He's walking around at 180-ish, he recently said on Helwani's show. First question he answered, in fact.

I want the fight to happen.

Comment

• khabib would fight at 165, which means it wouldn't be a title fight so maybe dana likes it more. i don't think george would do it without the title though. i think first 3 weight class title holder is more important to him then just beating khabib

Comment

khabib would fight at 165, which means it wouldn't be a title fight so maybe dana likes it more. i don't think george would do it without the title though. i think first 3 weight class title holder is more important to him then just beating khabib

I agree with that. It would definitely make history, though. New weight class, fight the UFC's best with a chance to give him his first defeat. But, I think it'd have to be for the vacant title if I were GSP.

I think it means a lot more though to take a title from an established weight class like 155, especially cause that class just has all the goddamn names.

Comment

I agree with that. It would definitely make history, though. New weight class, fight the UFC's best with a chance to give him his first defeat. But, I think it'd have to be for the vacant title if I were GSP.

I think it means a lot more though to take a title from an established weight class like 155, especially cause that class just has all the goddamn names.
                      I don't think it would be for a title at 165. I think it would be a catch weight fight that actually has no consequences.

Comment

• Ya Dana has been clear that he doesn't want a 165lb Division, because it will water down the 155 and 170 .. and I tend to agree. Unless the UFC starts allowing guys to carry multiple belts.

I could see him doing a one-off catch weight though.

Comment

I don't think it would be for a title at 165. I think it would be a catch weight fight that actually has no consequences.
                          Joey wrote: View Post
                          Ya Dana has been clear that he doesn't want a 165lb Division, because it will water down the 155 and 170 .. and I tend to agree. Unless the UFC starts allowing guys to carry multiple belts.

I could see him doing a one-off catch weight though.
                          Is that what you guys think happens or what your prefer?

Personally, I'd love to see the fight happen at catch weight, but, as Miekenstien said, the fight has no consequences. That's where the appeal of the fight I think drops for GSP in some way. His preference is a title, isn't it?

Comment

Personally, I'd love to see the fight happen at catch weight, but, as Miekenstien said, the fight has no consequences. That's where the appeal of the fight I think drops for GSP in some way. His preference is a title, isn't it?
                            I don't think so. He doesn't really talk about "Titles" when discussing his legacy .. just individuals he would like to fight. Or that's how I've interpreted it anyway.

Comment

I think if george wants that he gets it. I don't think it would happen. I would love to let it be for a title at 155, and if george wins and walks away, you can reset the division with an awesome tournament. That is what I want. I would love to see if khabib ragdolls george, I can't see him doing that, and I want to see if george can get on top of khabib.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I don't think so. He doesn't really talk about "Titles" when discussing his legacy .. just individuals he would like to fight. Or that's how I've interpreted it anyway.
                                That is true, but he has also discussed the idea of potentially being a champion of three different weight classes. I think, at this point, GSP is searching for the perfect scenario where it checks off: legac (great fighter), different weight class (conquering three), money (duh).

... he also did say that the longer it doesn't happen from now until late 2019, he'll probably choose to hang it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X