The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Honestly, I'm curious how Alvarez would do against Khabib ... I think he's got a better chance than most.

But ya, I agree with the above.
    i have no problem watching khabib beat up eddy, i think porrier has gotten screwed out of title shots for a while now. it is a matter of it is just his turn to me. he also has a good what have you done for me lately story as well.

Comment

• Whoa, Dana just cut Yair Rodriguez because he turned down a fight. Hilarious.

Comment

• Also, GSP vs Nate Diaz AND Rockhold vs Gustafsson at 227? On top of Dillashaw-Garbrandt 2? Yes please.

Comment

Also, GSP vs Nate Diaz AND Rockhold vs Gustafsson at 227? On top of Dillashaw-Garbrandt 2? Yes please.
          meh. only interest i have for gsp and nate, is if it is at 170 or 155. 170, gsp kills him. 155, maybe gsp can't healthily cut the weight.

rockhold is going to get smashed against gustofson who has stood toe to toe, literally, with jon jones and daniel cormier. 2 figters that could realistically be heavyweight champions.

dillishaw/garbrandt 2 gets my lady parts all worked up though. that one is going to be awesome.

Comment

Whoa, Dana just cut Yair Rodriguez because he turned down a fight. Hilarious.
            zabit?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              zabit?
              Yep.

Comment

zabit?
                Joey wrote: View Post
                Yep.
                that would have been an epic ninjaesque spin kicky crouching tiger fight.

Comment

meh. only interest i have for gsp and nate, is if it is at 170 or 155. 170, gsp kills him. 155, maybe gsp can't healthily cut the weight.

rockhold is going to get smashed against gustofson who has stood toe to toe, literally, with jon jones and daniel cormier. 2 figters that could realistically be heavyweight champions.

dillishaw/garbrandt 2 gets my lady parts all worked up though. that one is going to be awesome.
                  Pretty sure Dana said it would be 170. I can't fathom how GSP gets down to 155, but apparently he says its possible.

And ya, I would get alot of satisfaction out of watching Rockhold get pummeled by Gustof. Dude is a killer.

I miss Jon Jones. Why'd you hafta go and bring him up. Lol

I think Garbrandt takes the rematch... I hope so anyway. Count me as a fan.

Comment

that would have been an epic ninjaesque spin kicky crouching tiger fight.
                    Phenomenal description. Haha

Comment

Pretty sure Dana said it would be 170. I can't fathom how GSP gets down to 155, but apparently he says its possible.

And ya, I would get alot of satisfaction out of watching Rockhold get pummeled by Gustof. Dude is a killer.

I miss Jon Jones. Why'd you hafta go and bring him up. Lol

I think Garbrandt takes the rematch... I hope so anyway. Count me as a fan.
                      Was listening to bisping's podcast, and he thinks nate gsp will be at 155. A test match he thinks gsp wants to see if he can make the weight before fighting connor. Which makes sense for connor as well because he wouldn't want george to pull out if they fight. Theyalso think that after khabib smashing connor that gsp connor can still happen anyway.

Did dana say at 170?

Comment

Was listening to bisping's podcast, and he thinks nate gsp will be at 155. A test match he thinks gsp wants to see if he can make the weight before fighting connor. Which makes sense for connor as well because he wouldn't want george to pull out if they fight. Theyalso think that after khabib smashing connor that gsp connor can still happen anyway.

Did dana say at 170?
                        Nah, looking back it was just something I heard in a Ken Flo interview about the fight. So very possible actually.

Comment

• we were talking about intentionally missing weight for advantage, mackenzie dern missed weight by 7 pounds. that is an insane amount. i think kelvin missed by that much once too.

Comment

we were talking about intentionally missing weight for advantage, mackenzie dern missed weight by 7 pounds. that is an insane amount. i think kelvin missed by that much once too.
                            That's inexcusable. He should be fined for that.

Comment

That's inexcusable. He should be fined for that.
                              Woman, but totally agree. I would be for quick escalating penalties. Right now it is 20%. Florian suggested she should lose her won bonus too, i agree. 20% for first pund and then just keep going up from there. 7 pounds is almost an entire weight class. Meanwhile make weight girl is probably going to get an L on her record, and will lose negotiation position on her next contract.

Comment

• Looks like Eddie Hearn knows why he got that $1B deal ...

Anthony Joshua Reportedly To Sign £100 Million Extension (3 Year Deal)
                                https://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-...ension--128125
                                That's $45M USD per year just for promotion rights ... Unreal. I knew AJ would be big, but didn't even think we'd see numbers this big, this soon. And that's not even actual fight purses ... some MMA guys have to reconsidering their career choice right now. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X