The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Woman, but totally agree. I would be for quick escalating penalties. Right now it is 20%. Florian suggested she should lose her won bonus too, i agree. 20% for first pund and then just keep going up from there. 7 pounds is almost an entire weight class. Meanwhile make weight girl is probably going to get an L on her record, and will lose negotiation position on her next contract.
    I saw this on one of the recaps. It sounds like this isn't the first time she's done this either. If I was next her opponent I'd simply make clear that if she doesn't make weight I won't fight. As far as I am aware, a fighter is under no obligation to fight an opponent who comes in over weight.

Also, it sounds like her opponent negotiated more than the 20%, which is good for her.

Comment

• pretty obvious that 224 was going to be a brutal sell, which is why they have it in brazil and fill the card with brazillians. 85 000 buys. lol. probably would have made more money, giving it to fox for the night.

Comment

• till wonderboy was good. about to watch the knight fight. thing with wonderboy's fights are they are tense and full of anticipation, and then if not much happens, like this fight and the woodley fights people get retroactively disappointed. two fighters both totally aware that the other could take his head off on a small mistake. almost like 25 minutes of point karate with consequences. i liked it.

Comment

• 3rd time in as many shows that a fighter who had come in grossly overweight has won the fight. getting disgusting. i did like that he wasn't allowed to hydrate as much as he wanted to, but there has to be consequences. did the number 8 just beat the number 1 or did a cheater cheat and take an unfair advantage that is furthering his career and hurting the career of the clean fighter. something serious like 1 or 2 point deduction from the fights outset or something else severe, because losing 20% of a few thousands to further your goal to the %es of ppv money seems to be a great trade for these people right now.

Comment

3rd time in as many shows that a fighter who had come in grossly overweight has won the fight. getting disgusting. i did like that he wasn't allowed to hydrate as much as he wanted to, but there has to be consequences. did the number 8 just beat the number 1 or did a cheater cheat and take an unfair advantage that is furthering his career and hurting the career of the clean fighter. something serious like 1 or 2 point deduction from the fights outset or something else severe, because losing 20% of a few thousands to further your goal to the %es of ppv money seems to be a great trade for these people right now.
            Ya I'm suprised Thompson still went ahead with the fight. I mean, I get the guy wants to get paid, but still ... almost literally nothing to gain from a last minute switch to "catch weight" which is what they've been doing.

Comment

• till sounds like a good person here. even saying that he doesn't deserve a title shot because he missed weight.

Comment

• yair and zabit is back on. yair back in ufc

Comment

yair and zabit is back on. yair back in ufc
                  Did he just knock himself out while trying to do a body slam? LOL

Great news about Yair.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Did he just knock himself out while trying to do a body slam? LOL
                    yep.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/bod...003609233.html

Comment

• Yoo, you can see Torres in the air turn the tables and and grab Brooks aruond the waist and essentialy slam him using the momentum of being in the air already ... that's amazing actually.

Comment

• romero misses weight, non title fight

Comment

• tonight's card is really really good. main event a non title fight aside, i think it is still a 5 round fight as the main event, now with no belt on the line i think romero will win, and they run it a third time. benavidez/sergio pettis is on the early prelims, that is a great fight. guida/olivera is a good fight. ghadelia/esparza is a good womnan's fight with two really good wrestlers. and then we hopefully get to watch colby get shit kicked by dos anjos. this card is worth watching top to bottom.
                          Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jun 9, 2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• pretty brutal stuff here with cm punk

Comment

• haha

my heart will go on

lol

Comment

pretty brutal stuff here with cm punk
                                Man, Punk made it to a decision?! That's gotta be considered a win for him regardless of how it went down or who he was fighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X