Chad Ford Mock Draft 5.0: Raptors still selecting Jan Vesely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Maybe not, I do remember reading that they were trying to add veterans instead of youth now that I think of it. Still, there should be someone picking between 9 and 15 that wants the 5th that we could work something out with.
    The Knicks REALLY want to move into the lotto, close enough for them to select 1 of 2 players - Fredette or Biyombo.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      How is Walker or Leonard a "safe pick"? What constitutes a "safe pick"?
      safeR pick,those players had a nice ncaa season,there is a bigger chance they will be able to contribute at the high level.
      I havent seen a lot of biyombo,but since he came out of nowhere the last month,and his workouts were bad,i dont think the raps should take him.Especially not with the 5th pick.
      And i know that Kanter didnt play last season but at least his workouts have gone well and he has more talent than biyombo.

Biyombo at 5 is a long reach.

Comment

I don't think Colangelo has really ever gone the "safe pick" route. The guy always swings for the fences. Are the guys you listed "safe" because they played NCAA ball? I'd rather a guy who fully matures in a year or two and has a high heiling as opposed to a guy who's ceiling is limited. The guy has to be the BPA too. No reaching, but if the Raptors brass believe in a guy, I'm on board.

Comment

Im worried about him because there ary many bad signs about him,huge question marks about his ability to play in the nba.
          Is he long enough to play the center position ?Can he somehow contribute on offense?and the most important thing,will he be such a big impact guy on our team defense?He is similiar to reggie and I dont see him as a long term solution.

I'm confident that BC will take one of Kemba/Knight and somehow try to get another lottery pick(where Biyombo might get picked).
          I also think that a big rotation of Amir/Davis/Bargs/Biyombo isnt what we need.A rotation with 3 big is enough if there are no injuries.And thats where Evans comes in.
          I would pass on biyombo.Thats just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X