Chad Ford's ESPN Chat: Raptors Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford's ESPN Chat: Raptors Related

Surprise, surprise ..... more Bosh talk.

Way to go out on a limb with the "50/50" odds of Bosh being dealt Chad.

Jeff (Toronto) - Odds Bosh will really be traded at the deadline or in the summer? We are all praying he stays for his career -- great talent, better person.

Chad Ford (1:03 PM) - I think it's up to 50-50 at this point. Obviously the Raptors won't give him away. They are going to need to recoup a very significant piece to trade Bosh. If they can't get it, they'll take their chances this summer in free agency. That's why the Lakers Andrew Bynum rumor is so interesting. I think it's a trade that really works for both team. Bosh would be terrific in the Lakers system. And I think Bynum would be great for Toronto. They could move Bargnani to the 4 and I really don't think it would set them back. Given that Bynum is under contract for the next 5 years ... how does either team say no to that? It too good of a deal NOT to happen. The question is ... will the Lakers make the offer?
    Jeff (Los Angeles) - You really think that the Lakers would get rid of Bynum for Bosh? Even if Bosh fits well in the triangle, Drew is young, healthy and should be the starting center for the west in the all star game

Chad Ford (1:24 PM) - I do. Bosh is better. Hasn't had nearly the injury problems that Bynum has. And he's a better fit in the triangle. Lakers would be unstoppable with Kobe, Gasol, Bosh, Odom, Artest. Unstoppable.
    Noah R (Miami,Fl)- I hear alot of LBJ AND Bosh joining wade in miami... seems crazy to me but i would be happy just one of them. Unless we can afford to resign wade and sign both big men... i just hope wade stays...

Chad Ford (1:05 PM) - I think Wade is staying in Miami. I think Bosh, most likely leaves Toronto. It's LeBron that I really have no idea about. You can make good arguments both ways. I continue to hear the Bosh and LeBron want to play together so ... Miami could make it happen, but they'd have to really gut their roster to do it. Bulls could make it happen too if they can move Hinrich and Salmons for expiring contracts before the deadline.
    Source - Click here

Thats the only attention Toronto ever gets. Its all about Bosh (not his preformances but if he's going to be traded). Its annoying to hear it everyday. If it happens, it happens. Hopfully we get max value in return. i think people should chill and just see what happens

Comment

My Odds ...

5-10% likelihood of being traded prior to the deadline
      20-30% chance of re-signing with the Raptors
      60-70% chance of leaving via sign and trade

------------------------------------------------------------

If not for Bryan Colangelo faith + interest in a sign and trade ... that sign and trade possibility would be a lot lower while both the chances of a trade + Bosh resigning would be higher. Say 45% (S&T), 35-40% (resign) and 15-20% chance of a trade.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Chad went from a 50-50 proposition @ 1:03 pm to Bosh "most likely leaves" @ 1:05 pm.

Musta got some breaking news/rumours in the intervening 2 mins. The guy is really plugged in.

Comment

I like Bynum, but watching a team which is waiting for its big man to develop has got to be the most frustrating thing, as we've seen with Bosh and now Bargnani. I'd rather have the All-Star at the wing position if it's all the same.

Comment

Chad Ford (1:24 PM) - I do. Bosh is better. Hasn't had nearly the injury problems that Bynum has. And he's a better fit in the triangle. Lakers would be unstoppable with Kobe, Gasol, Bosh, Odom, Artest. Unstoppable.
            Ford is right - Bosh is better! Lakers have to add another piece - to match salaries, BYC issues for Byum and to offset the Raps injury risk + fair value!

I'd like to see Byum + Odom for Bosh + POB. Salaries work!

Have to do a 2nd deal for the $4m in trade exceptions the Lakers have. Possibly Rasho and Wright.
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
            X