Weems Officially Signs Overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems Officially Signs Overseas

Sonny officially signed overseas, with a no opt out clause meaning he ain't coming back

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/07/08/w....ap/index.html

Good for him. Would have been better if he would team up with Jonas but its still the same league so they'll meet.

Comment

Thesachman wrote: View Post
      Sonny officially signed overseas, with a no opt out clause meaning he ain't coming back

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/07/08/w....ap/index.html
      Well, I think the Raps can still match any offer if he decides to come back in 2012. But totally a gooder for him.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I wonder how much he is going to get payed?! Good decision for Sonny.

One makes you think why the NBA is advertising this story on its website?!

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
          Good for him. Would have been better if he would team up with Jonas but its still the same league so they'll meet.
          It's a sad day when we're all gonna be excited to see that game in November...

Comment

Good for Weems. Lithuanian women are super hot, so I think he will definitely find love. If I was to play overseas, though, I would try and pick a Mediterranean location that had nice weather and cool atmosphere, like somewhere in Spain, South of France, or Italy. Greece would have been cool too if not for the turmoil. Maybe even Turkey or Israel.

Hopefully his game will improve. he'll regain his mojo and we'll see him next year better than ever. I think I read something about the season in Lithuania ending petty early in the NBA season, so he could still join a NBA club with about 60 or so games left to go.
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              I wonder how much he is going to get payed?! Good decision for Sonny.

One makes you think why the NBA is advertising this story on its website?!
              I saw it on a euro or fiba site but cant find it now.....$1.4 mill. after tax. This is pretty good and far more than I thought he would get.

Edit: But then I found this:

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/...ms_salary.html
              Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I saw it on a euro or fiba site but cant find it now.....$1.4 mill. after tax. This is pretty good and far more than I thought he would get.

Edit: But then I found this:

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/...ms_salary.html
                Well Sonny Weems qualifing offer was 1.1 millions by the Raptors, so for him to make that decision right away with the euro team, it means that the offer was in fact more then a million dollars.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Well Sonny Weems qualifing offer was 1.1 millions by the Raptors, so for him to make that decision right away with the euro team, it means that the offer was in fact more then a million dollars.
                  The Raps continue to own Weems NBA rights as well. This is much like the Delfino situation (except there was no disagreement over salary and there was no lockout at that time but hopefully you get my drift). Unless the Raps renounce his rights, they will continue to have first dibs on his NBA services.

Comment

Man, mega lols at the guy that said he'll definitely find love in Lithuania. Dunno why that made me laugh that hard for so long.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Man, mega lols at the guy that said he'll definitely find love in Lithuania. Dunno why that made me laugh that hard for so long.
                      Dude, hot blonds wearing ethnic costumes that look like dirty schoolgirls, damn Sonny is a lucky man:

more hot Lithuanians:

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

oh i completely agree. anywhere in europe is pretty much loaded with hot girls. i just find the thought of him "finding love" was hilarious. sounds like the makings of a bad romcom.

"during the basketball lockout, a jaded player goes to europe where he finds his game, his self and true love"
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          oh i completely agree. anywhere in europe is pretty much loaded with hot girls. i just find the thought of him "finding love" was hilarious. sounds like the makings of a bad romcom.

"during the basketball lockout, a jaded player goes to europe where he finds his game, his self and true love"
                          brilliant... they could call it "Lithuanian Men Can't Jump"

Comment

Working...
                          X