Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    JV is five seconds to blast off, iblastoff.

That right there is your critical player development. It's like trading a high end role player for a star center. Most teams do not have that going on who are above the Raptors.
    oh im not saying we're gonna suck next year or anything. but i don't think we're gonna reach the 48 win mark again in the 2014-15 season.

as for JV, any massive improvement on his part will be moot if casey does his usual bizarre rotations with him.

Comment

• Casey is such a good motivator, I can't see him allowing slack

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        oh im not saying we're gonna suck next year or anything. but i don't think we're gonna reach the 48 win mark again in the 2014-15 season.

as for JV, any massive improvement on his part will be moot if casey does his usual bizarre rotations with him.
        Maybe his rotation strategy was due to where JV was in his development. Casey is a proven professional and I think you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt in that you're only seeing the games and probably from the TV no less.

48 wins will probably be the team's goal as a floor. One more year of player development and an improved bench. It makes sense that they get back to the mark set last year. I don't see a huge influx of high impact talent into the east.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Maybe his rotation strategy was due to where JV was in his development. Casey is a proven professional and I think you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt in that you're only seeing the games and probably from the TV no less.

48 wins will probably be the team's goal as a floor. One more year of player development and an improved bench. It makes sense that they get back to the mark set last year. I don't see a huge influx of high impact talent into the east.
          hey with JV and ross both entering their 3rd years, heres hoping casey doesn't see them as little babies anymore and the whole I LOVE VETS thing is not as enforced.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            hey with JV and ross both entering their 3rd years, heres hoping casey doesn't see them as little babies anymore and the whole I LOVE VETS thing is not as enforced.
            It is going to be interesting to see.

When he came in DeRozan was in his third year and has essentially been his 'guy' ever since.

Maybe 3rd year is his magic number for getting over the youngin' hump?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              you would think after 246 games and all the practice time/professional development you should be getting to the point where the training wheels come off
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                It is going to be interesting to see.

When he came in DeRozan was in his third year and has essentially been his 'guy' ever since.

Bargnani actually was Casey's guy in his first season w/ the Raps. Come hell or highwater Bargnani was his guy

Honestly though, i don't think there's a magic number. If you're ready to play, you're going to play.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  you would think after 246 games and all the practice time/professional development you should be getting to the point where the training wheels come off
                  I think it's about earning it. The message is that how you came to being a Raptor is irrelevant, and what is relevant is what you do in the practice court, in the film room, in the weight room, during the off-season and in the games.

Making JV work for it will make him hungry and driven if he's cut out to be "the guy".

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani actually was Casey's guy in his first season w/ the Raps. Come hell or highwater Bargnani was his guy

Honestly though, i don't think there's a magic number. If you're ready to play, you're going to play.
                    Ahhhh those magical 13 games and about 20 games total.

Comment

• Wasn't the hell or highwater in Casey's second year? That's when Bargnani shot something like 1-17 and Casey afterwards was telling the media that Bargnani was his guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X