Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Any word from Nurse if JV will be starting or not. I'm really curious if JV is getting moved to the bench because I remember Nurse saying something along the lines of them having to get JV more involved on offence...does that mean he's going to be the primary source of O, with the second unit? And Serge as the starting C....errrrr
    Nurse has been steadfast that he will change starting units from game to game and even half to half, especially early in the year. JV will definitely be starting some games and halves, and definitely coming off the bench for other games and halves. We won't know for a while what proportion of halves he'll be starting versus coming off the bench.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Nurse has been steadfast that he will change starting units from game to game and even half to half, especially early in the year. JV will definitely be starting some games and halves, and definitely coming off the bench for other games and halves. We won't know for a while what proportion of halves he'll be starting versus coming off the bench.
      I sort of presumed Nurse would be looking at swapping guys out at PF and whichever wing position Kawhi isn't listed as, but not at C. It's a pretty big difference in what you get between JV and Serge at that position.

Comment

• Opening night is a perfect example. Sure it’s just the carcass of the Cavs but who do you start against Love (if that’s who they start). JV, Serge or both? I’m getting some bad flashbacks.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Opening night is a perfect example. Sure it’s just the carcass of the Cavs but who do you start against Love (if that’s who they start). JV, Serge or both? I’m getting some bad flashbacks.
          I think CLE will start both Love and TT, so if the matchup theory holds true we might see last year's big starting lineup for game 1, even if it ends up being rare thereafter.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I sort of presumed Nurse would be looking at swapping guys out at PF and whichever wing position Kawhi isn't listed as, but not at C. It's a pretty big difference in what you get between JV and Serge at that position.
            I'd love for JV to be guaranteed a starting spot and I'd hope by the end of the year that he will be. But early in the year I expect Nurse to give Ibaka at C a lot of reps with that starting group to establish whether it's a feasible option against smaller looks. Might lead to some losses, and on any night it does I'll probably be apoplectic, before calming down and looking at the big picture the next morning.

If the guys rotating in and out are only Ibaka and Green, that would be ideal, or barring that, Ibaka, OG and Green, I'd be pretty happy. But I don't think we should expect that right away.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Any word from Nurse if JV will be starting or not. I'm really curious if JV is getting moved to the bench because I remember Nurse saying something along the lines of them having to get JV more involved on offence...does that mean he's going to be the primary source of O, with the second unit? And Serge as the starting C....errrrr
              SportsNet putting a positive spin on this but I don't like the sounds of it. Sounds like Srrge will start more than his fair share at C.
              Still have to give Nurse the benefit of the doubt for now and I really do like the versatility of mixing and matching lineups.....but JV should be your starting C for the vast majority of games. What Serge gives you over him is vastly outweighed by his deficiencies imo. I guess we'll see how it plays out

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...urse-requires/

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Opening night is a perfect example. Sure it’s just the carcass of the Cavs but who do you start against Love (if that’s who they start). JV, Serge or both? I’m getting some bad flashbacks.
                JV and Pascal might be able to handle TT and Love, unless Love starts playing in the post. It's a good game for Toronto to dictate the match up's imo.

Comment

JV and Pascal might be able to handle TT and Love, unless Love starts playing in the post. It's a good game for Toronto to dictate the match up's imo.
                  Why is anybody concerned about the 'handling' the Cavs? Without Lebronto running that pick & roll, the Cavs are back to late lottery / treadmill threat level. They have zero shot creators, so you can basically guard every ball handler straight up - which is the Raps strength. Cavs will look a lot like Kevin Love's T-Wolves of 5 years ago, but with a less athletic Kevin Love.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Why is anybody concerned about the 'handling' the Cavs? Without Lebronto running that pick & roll, the Cavs are back to late lottery / treadmill threat level. They have zero shot creators, so you can basically guard every ball handler straight up - which is the Raps strength. Cavs will look a lot like Kevin Love's T-Wolves of 5 years ago, but with a less athletic Kevin Love.
                    How quickly you forget their coach is a mastermind

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      How quickly you forget their coach is a mastermind

It's all relative.....

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ey-cavs-losing

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        The Cavs will be lucky to win 30 games....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          The Cavs will be lucky to win 30 games....
                          They're better than Atlanta and mixed with a clusterfuck of shit hole teams. I'll take the over.

Comment

They're better than Atlanta and mixed with a clusterfuck of shit hole teams. I'll take the over.
                            I haven't been paying too much attention to the league generally, so I'll defer to you..... Is a third of the league still trying to tank this year or are we up to 50% yet?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              I haven't been paying too much attention to the league generally, so I'll defer to you..... Is a third of the league still trying to tank this year or are we up to 50% yet?
                              Very few teams are legitimately trying to suck anymore, other than Atlanta and Chicago, same old teams like Sacramento just cant stop tripping on their own feet

The problem with parity as I see it is this: there is 30 teams but maybe only 20 to 25 real game changing stars where every team needs 1 to be decent. And to add to that the star players of this generation clustering to be on the same teams and you're left with a vast majority of teams have no legitimate shot of making any noise, again.

Comment

Very few teams are legitimately trying to suck anymore, other than Atlanta and Chicago, same old teams like Sacramento just cant stop tripping on their own feet

The problem with parity as I see it is this: there is 30 teams but maybe only 20 to 25 real game changing stars where every team needs 1 to be decent. And to add to that the star players of this generation clustering to be on the same teams and you're left with a vast majority of teams have no legitimate shot of making any noise, again.
                                Where Amazing Happens.....

Comment

Working...
                                X