• Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard is a useless bum.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Dwight Howard is a useless bum.
      I don't think he's useless, but yeah he's a bum

We have enough bum here with Kyle anyway.
      OG is our king

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Dwight Howard is a useless bum.
        a POOR MANS usesless bum...that makes him a useless bum's useless bum
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jonas looking as fit as he's ever been. Beast mode too.

Comment

• He's been on fire lately. Hopefully he keeps it going through to the playoffs.

Comment

• Playoff Jonas is a whole different animal. I expect him to play well like he usually does.

Comment

• Last night he was even contesting pull-ups in the lane effectively. Again, I don't know if we've seen his conditioning/athleticism any better.

Comment

• he seems to have found himself in the "new" nba.

If he can continue to refine and improve upon this version of himself as a player he will start to get more and more minutes and opportunities.

if this run of form is the player he is now, he's not getting traded anytime soon.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    he seems to have found himself in the "new" nba.

If he can continue to refine and improve upon this version of himself as a player he will start to get more and more minutes and opportunities.

if this run of form is the player he is now, he's not getting traded anytime soon.
                    I think we also have to remember that more minutes and opportunities are not requisites for success, his or ours. The important thing is that we win and that he's a winning player in the minutes he's on the court - we are, and Jonas has been.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      I think we also have to remember that more minutes and opportunities are not requisites for success, his or ours. The important thing is that we win and that he's a winning player in the minutes he's on the court - we are, and Jonas has been.
                      i'm not saying he has to get more minutes or chances than he does right now.

just saying that if this is the foundation for "new JV" to build on, it will naturally happen.

but yes, the raptors have been much better with JV than without him, and have generally been much better than their opposition, over the past while.

Comment

• From Danny Leroux

[IMG] [/IMG]
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          From Danny Leroux

[IMG] [/IMG]
                          Biggest difference between this season and previous seasons is that we don't need Lowry + the bench to rally the team back in the game every night

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            From Danny Leroux

[IMG] [/IMG]
                            This is also amazing considering that I remember early in the season our starters were playing mediocre at best, and we were the "best 2nd quarter team in the NBA" that was relying on the bench mob to build leads for the team. Amazing how things have turned around. Jonas playing so much better and he and Serge being a good combo out there. I remember early in the season people were saying there was "no way" they can play together.

As long as Serge has at least a day of rest, preferably 3 days of rest. We should really keep him in good shape with plenty of rest before the playoffs I guess...

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
                              This is also amazing considering that I remember early in the season our starters were playing mediocre at best, and we were the "best 2nd quarter team in the NBA" that was relying on the bench mob to build leads for the team. Amazing how things have turned around. Jonas playing so much better and he and Serge being a good combo out there. I remember early in the season people were saying there was "no way" they can play together.

As long as Serge has at least a day of rest, preferably 3 days of rest. We should really keep him in good shape with plenty of rest before the playoffs I guess...
                              OG makes a huge difference. And Lowry finding his way in the system has helped a lot too.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                OG makes a huge difference. And Lowry finding his way in the system has helped a lot too.
                                OG filling that "Glue Guy" role? A bunch of stuff you don't see on the stats sheet? Like how tired the opposing teams best player is after having OG hounding him and chasing him all around the floor for 25-30 minutes. The kid works his ads off.

Comment

Working...
                                X