Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Very few teams are legitimately trying to suck anymore, other than Atlanta and Chicago, same old teams like Sacramento just cant stop tripping on their own feet

The problem with parity as I see it is this: there is 30 teams but maybe only 20 to 25 real game changing stars where every team needs 1 to be decent. And to add to that the star players of this generation clustering to be on the same teams and you're left with a vast majority of teams have no legitimate shot of making any noise, again.
    The problem with parity is Golden fucking State.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Very few teams are legitimately trying to suck anymore, other than Atlanta and Chicago, same old teams like Sacramento just cant stop tripping on their own feet

The problem with parity as I see it is this: there is 30 teams but maybe only 20 to 25 real game changing stars where every team needs 1 to be decent. And to add to that the star players of this generation clustering to be on the same teams and you're left with a vast majority of teams have no legitimate shot of making any noise, again.
      Other than the players proactively clustering, is the distribution of stars and good/bad teams really any different from when we knew before the sesaon that MJ's Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers or even the old Celtics were locks to win it all? The only thing that's changed, IMO, is that if your team is not competing for the title or is clearly building towards it, then your fans think you should be tearing it down. Chip or bust mentality.

Comment

• Also, I'd love to see how parity would be affected if the league removed ALL incentives for losing.

We might find it to be nothing short of revolutionary.
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Also, I'd love to see how parity would be affected if the league removed ALL incentives for losing.

We might find it to be nothing short of revolutionary.
          The Warriors would somehow luck into the 1st overall pick in a generational draft. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            The Warriors would somehow luck into the 1st overall pick in a generational draft. lol.
            Better than SACRAMENTO
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Why is anybody concerned about the 'handling' the Cavs? Without Lebronto running that pick & roll, the Cavs are back to late lottery / treadmill threat level. They have zero shot creators, so you can basically guard every ball handler straight up - which is the Raps strength. Cavs will look a lot like Kevin Love's T-Wolves of 5 years ago, but with a less athletic Kevin Love.
              Just for clarity, the question and response didn't have anything to do with "handling the Cavs". It was just to address the specific issue of 4/5 matchups and how we react against certain teams starting 4/5's (starting with our first game....Cleveland).

Comment

• If jv keeps putting similar numbers to what he has been so far and say starts less than 20 games does anyone think he could be a 6MOY canidate? Say he averages like 15 pts 7 boards and 2 assts 1 block? I know its rare for a big to won this award as its mostly volume scores. But i could see JV getting in the discussion. So far it looks like serge is go to start most of the time as lots of teams dont have a traditonial starting C for jv to match up against. If i was a betting man i just might put a lil money on JV to win it as a crazy underdog on the odds. Thoughts?
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  If jv keeps putting similar numbers to what he has been so far and say starts less than 20 games does anyone think he could be a 6MOY canidate? Say he averages like 15 pts 7 boards and 2 assts 1 block? I know its rare for a big to won this award as its mostly volume scores. But i could see JV getting in the discussion. So far it looks like serge is go to start most of the time as lots of teams dont have a traditonial starting C for jv to match up against. If i was a betting man i just might put a lil money on JV to win it as a crazy underdog on the odds. Thoughts?
                  Zach Lowe already mentioned JV (along with FVV and Pascal) as 6th man candidates.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Zach Lowe already mentioned JV (along with FVV and Pascal) as 6th man candidates.
                    JV just needs to shake the "rep" of being a starter.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      If I'm not mistaken, to be eligible to win the award, you have to play more than half of 82 on the bench? JV will likely start a lot.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                        If I'm not mistaken, to be eligible to win the award, you have to play more than half of 82 on the bench? JV will likely start a lot.
                        Yeah, but it's only half. I could see the starts being close to a 50/50 split, meaning JV could eke under the wire easily enough.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, but it's only half. I could see the starts being close to a 50/50 split, meaning JV could eke under the wire easily enough.
                          I have a feeling VanVleet still gets the look over JV, considering he was a finalist last year and is nuts right now. Tons of award candidates on this team from JV/FVV for 6MOTY, and OG/PS for MIP.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                            I have a feeling VanVleet still gets the look over JV, considering he was a finalist last year and is nuts right now. Tons of award candidates on this team from JV/FVV for 6MOTY, and OG/PS for MIP.
                            I see our role players getting MIP consideration from random fans.. MIP history shows the award typically goes to guys that are borderline all-star. Just look at the guys that have gotten it previously:

Dipo, Giannis, McCollum, Butler, Dragic, George...

OG/Siakam are definitely not all-star caliber guys. The way Lavine is playing in Chicago so far would put him on my short list right now.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I see our role players getting MIP consideration from random fans.. MIP history shows the award typically goes to guys that are borderline all-star. Just look at the guys that have gotten it previously:

OG/Siakam are definitely not all-star caliber guys. The way Lavine is playing in Chicago so far would put him on my short list right now.
                              Yeah MIP is more about who has more opportunity open up than who improves the most, although it is some combination of both. Id think those two would have to average 28 min with significantly more touches to qualify.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The best candidate for MIP on our team would be JV if he got enough minutes and kept playing at the kind of level he is now.

Right now, per 36 JV is averaging 22.8 pts, 16.6 rpg, 3.1 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.2 bpg, 1.5 tos. And doing so shooting .605% overall (.400% from 3 but just on 5 attempts), with a TS% of .675% and eFG% of .632%, with a PER of 28.6.

Now it's doubtful he would maintain quite that crazy a level, but he's easily playing his most effective ball ever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X