Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Via reddit:

FVV is shooting 45.8 percent from deep, when he is playing off ball with Kyle Lowry. However, when Kyle is on the bench, FVV as the primary ball handler only shoots 27.8 from deep.
    Mostly that's just "off ball" versus "on ball." Let Wright run the offence and the bench looks so much better, like last night.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Mostly that's just "off ball" versus "on ball." Let Wright run the offence and the bench looks so much better, like last night.
      It just seems like one of the big solutions for a lot of issues is just to switch Delon and FVV's roles as it just literally plays into everyone's strengths better.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        It just seems like one of the big solutions for a lot of issues is just to switch Delon and FVV's roles as it just literally plays into everyone's strengths better.
        Funny thing is we saw a lot of this last night, but still had a few stretches where FVV was aimlessly dribbling the ball into dust or driving into traffic he can't pass out of. Hopefully it keeps skewing in the right direction after the relative success of the bench last night.

Still think it would help to plug Siakam in there a lot. But OG can't play beside Serge, so if JV is coming off the bench that night at least there are signs that the OG version appears to be salvageable given the right role assignment.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Wright needs to take ownership of the role and not shy away. He needs to be confident.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Yep its clear as day right now that Wright needs to be the bench qb, fred needs to be the shooter and the safety valve if Wright needs to reset. The bench is completely sloppy right now, the only times they have a chance is if jv is going off or their defense digs in huge
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Wright needs to take ownership of the role and not shy away. He needs to be confident.
              It's a contract year, and with Freddy already getting paid, it should be no issue between them. Downside is it will drive up Wright's market price in the off-season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                It's a contract year, and with Freddy already getting paid, it should be no issue between them. Downside is it will drive up Wright's market price in the off-season.
                Let's worry about that when we resign Kawhi lol
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Amazing.....605 pages on the JV thread! Total number of words is probably equal to War and Peace. Possibly the world's most discussed Lithuanian. But lately this could be called the "Why is the Bench Trash?" thread and JV is just a part of that debate. I think this will be a really good test of Nurse's coaching; to see how he can solve it. I believe the talent is there but it just isn't fitting together well at the moment. With the huge staff of assistants they have....all experienced coaches in their own right you would think they would have time to address it.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                    Amazing.....605 pages on the JV thread! Total number of words is probably equal to War and Peace. Possibly the world's most discussed Lithuanian. But lately this could be called the "Why is the Bench Trash?" thread and JV is just a part of that debate. I think this will be a really good test of Nurse's coaching; to see how he can solve it. I believe the talent is there but it just isn't fitting together well at the moment. With the huge staff of assistants they have....all experienced coaches in their own right you would think they would have time to address it.
                    I think the most logical choice is just to find the best 4 guys off the bench and stagger then with starters. our bench mob last year was one of the most enjoyable parts of the season and something raps fans could brag about. but save for 1 game vs wash the mob did not translate to playoff success. I'd rather guys like CJ and norm have trails through the the season to see if their gonna be value able later in the season. but give them full games rather see each guy for 15 mins alrernating games then 8 minutes each. maybe something we could try with fvv and Delon as well. nick was keen to experiment with the starters but like to see him have that same attitude with the bench. but what do I know I'm not a HC
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• All should work out. The raptors org is too efficient to not be reading fan posts looking for ideas to improve the team.

When they finally get things straightened out, everyone should give themselves a pat on the back for helping to push the solution.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        All should work out. The raptors org is too efficient to not be reading fan posts looking for ideas to improve the team.

When they finally get things straightened out, everyone should give themselves a pat on the back for helping to push the solution.

Comment

• Great to see him have a really strong game after some battling ones. Hopefully we look at him a little more when the bench is on as he can score with ease as we've seen for a number of seasons.

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post
                            Great to see him have a really strong game after some battling ones. Hopefully we look at him a little more when the bench is on as he can score with ease as we've seen for a number of seasons.
                            And kudos to Nurse for acknowledging the impact Jonas was having vs. Embiid (on both ends) and keeping him in the game to close it out. Casey would've surely brought Ibaka back in.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              And kudos to Nurse for acknowledging the impact Jonas was having vs. Embiid (on both ends) and keeping him in the game to close it out. Casey would've surely brought Ibaka back in.
                              Heck, I might have brought Ibaka back in with a couple minutes left, that was a long shift for JV. But he held up.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Man when JV is on, he is on. With Lowry in a slump scoring it was great to see JV step up in a big way.

Comment

Working...
                                X