Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Congrats.
    Lol Thanks man! Possibly one of the most stressful experiences of my life. But ultimately worth it.

Comment

• fucking bethesda. cracked and bought skyrim for the switch, installing now. 200+ bucks of however many millions was mine skyrim. all it took was several losses in a row in hearthstone, and i was like fuck it. i can't just play card games when i am bored outside. take my money.

Comment

• You should try Dark Souls Remastered on Switch. It plays surprisingly well.

Comment

• Happened to see a SNES Classic Edition in a store I was visiting during lunch for $100. Couldn't resist.

Can't wait to hook it up and play some Super Mario World and some Super Metroid tonight

Skyrim is going to have to wait.

Comment

fucking bethesda. cracked and bought skyrim for the switch, installing now. 200+ bucks of however many millions was mine skyrim. all it took was several losses in a row in hearthstone, and i was like fuck it. i can't just play card games when i am bored outside. take my money.
            I also took the dip and bought Skyrim for the third time. I bought NBA 2K19 over the weekend too. Nintendo sales aren't that impressive and so 2 for 1 pricing is as good as it gets. 2k19 plays really well on Switch.

Comment

• Now that Fallout 76 has failed I can't wait to see what Obsidian has up their sleeve. I imagine this game will be on all platforms since there was a diff publisher before Microsoft acquired the studio. Supposedly a massive RPG as their response to Fallout since Bethesda won't let them make another one after their hugely successful Fallout New Vegas.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Machine; Wed Nov 28, 2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                Now that Fallout 76 has failed I can't wait to see what Obsidian has up their sleeve. I imagine this game will be on all platforms since there was a diff publisher before Microsoft acquired the studio. Supposedly a massive RPG as their response to Fallout since Bethesda won't let them make another one after their hugely successful Fallout New Vegas.

If you go to Obsidian.net there's some sort of ad for "Spacers Choice" ... so it's a Space based RPG one can surmise ... I'm intrigued.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  If you go to Obsidian.net there's some sort of ad for "Spacers Choice" ... so it's a Space based RPG one can surmise ... I'm intrigued.
                  Yeah they have a few ads there. If you refresh you get another ad. I think there are 3 or 4 in total. Not a whole lot to go on but the space theme is def interesting. One ad shows a futuristic looking weapon as well.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                    Yeah they have a few ads there. If you refresh you get another ad. I think there are 3 or 4 in total. Not a whole lot to go on but the space theme is def interesting. One ad shows a futuristic looking weapon as well.

Comment

• they really like the idea of constant subscriptions for their online games, but only wow is wow.

second bethesda online rpg that has failed. i think wow worked so well because it was the transition from rts to roleplay that its fanbase wanted. i wanted to play in that world. with elder scrolls and fallout, i am in that world already and the journey has been the improvements in graphics, the expansion of the existing world, and the ability to get lost in the enormity of what they put together. when bethesda makes an mmo of these games the people that like those games suffer in simplicity from what they expect to what a mmo has to sacrifice to let that many players play at the same time. stick with stand alone awesome games that i can play with for actual years and never get bored with them.

Comment

• What they should have done is make it PVE/PVP similar to Dark Souls PVE/PVP where players can tag into your world to help you or attack you if you want them to enter and they receive a reward for your/their success. That way the core game play is still there for those who don't want to deviate from the regular experience. That goes against a monthly sub model though...

Comment

• red dead is awesome. i probably enjoy the hunting the most. i have spent weeks (game time) in the woods on camping trips.

i started looking for farms, waiting for people to go to bed, and then killing their dogs. then i began to just explore the entire map on horseback by way of roads politely greeting people and murdering the ones that were impolite. now i just hunt, and skin. the missions are rockstary missions that everyone expects but the game beyond the missions is fantastic. pretty much what i wanted big game hunter to be when i tried it on game pass.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            What they should have done is make it PVE/PVP similar to Dark Souls PVE/PVP where players can tag into your world to help you or attack you if you want them to enter and they receive a reward for your/their success. That way the core game play is still there for those who don't want to deviate from the regular experience. That goes against a monthly sub model though...
                            they love the idea of 11 million people paying 10 bucks a month. that's a game and a half every year to play something that you are finished creating. fallout 76 will be on the gamepass with elder scrolls online soon.

Comment

they love the idea of 11 million people paying 10 bucks a month. that's a game and a half every year to play something that you are finished creating. fallout 76 will be on the gamepass with elder scrolls online soon.
                              The problem here is I don't think the market for Fallout games is similar to the WOW crowd. Nothing against them but they probably mostly came from other MMO games in the past like Everquest. We've seen other traditionally single player experiences fail in merging with MMO features such as SW:TOR, which essentially is KOTOR3. I can't think of this ever working for any company. Fans expect the SP experience of past games, it's why they're fans of that particular series.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                The problem here is I don't think the market for Fallout games is similar to the WOW crowd. Nothing against them but they probably mostly came from other MMO games in the past like Everquest. We've seen other traditionally single player experiences fail in merging with MMO features such as KOTOR 3 essentially being SW:TOR. I can't think of this ever working for any company. Fans expect the SP experience of past games, it's why they're fans of that particular series.
                                agreed. that's what i mean for the wow players. i played warcraft 1, 2, and 3. they were all awesome. all of them built and added to the lore of azaroth. i even liked the wow movie. we went from one experience to a completely different one that was more immersive then what we started with. everquest players switched to a superior gameplay.

elder scrolls online and fallout76, which i haven't played but read about, both do the exact opposite. the only add is more players and then the takeaways are huge. elder scrolls online might have been a good online game, but it is a horrible elder scrolls game.

Comment

Working...
                                X