The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    If Elder Scrolls online is any indication then I probably won’t either.

I love Elder Scrolls games but they lose their appeal as you try to sneak in to a cave and see 6 different people running and jumping around to go and back away. Completely ruined the game imo.
    I think it would be a much better idea for them to attempt to do MP similar to the Dark Souls series. Have it co-op and reward people for tagging into your quest line with some sort of valuable reward.

Comment

• Ya at this point I'm more excited for ES6, but I'll probably try out the BETA for 76 and see if I like it.

Comment

• A new elder scrolls game is soooooooooooo good. So good. I still play skyrim. Also red dead 2 on pre order now. Good year for games.

Total agreement on the absolute disappointment of elder scrolls online, and completely expect bethesda to smash the next one to make up for it.

Comment

• Yeeeeessssssss. That Elder Scrolls footage seems to be from a coast? High Rock? Pure speculation but I wonder where it's going to take place this time.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Yeeeeessssssss. That Elder Scrolls footage seems to be from a coast? High Rock? Pure speculation but I wonder where it's going to take place this time.
            Ya my guess is Hammerfell/High Rock. However, this is where the Daggerfall game took place, with it's ridiculoulsly huge map (160,000 km2), so if they do do it, the map will need to be HUGE as well.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              A new elder scrolls game is soooooooooooo good. So good. I still play skyrim. Also red dead 2 on pre order now. Good year for games.

Total agreement on the absolute disappointment of elder scrolls online, and completely expect bethesda to smash the next one to make up for it.
              Ya, I've started playing Skyrim SE again and am loving it. Gave myself enough time in between play throughs, and modded the shit out of it so it looks like real life at 60fps, and it's like I'm discovering it all over again!

Comment

• I'd love for them to get the GOT license.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I'd love for them to get the GOT license.
                  They almost did. After Oblivion came out, GRR Martin and his team approached Todd Howard and Bethesda (and Obsidian; guys who made New Vegas) to make a game, but they were already making Skyrim I believe.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    They almost did. After Oblivion came out, GRR Martin and his team approached Todd Howard and Bethesda (and Obsidian; guys who made New Vegas) to make a game, but they were already making Skyrim I believe.
                    Well damn it they're not making Skyrim now!

Comment

• Just bought no mans sky. My friend said they fixed a bunch of it. Enjoying it.

I started at permanent death level, to let evolution kick in. Died like 15 times in a row before i figured out how to control my hazard suit. Now 15 hours into a character, and liking it.

Comment

Well ... so far, it just looks like a regular Fallout game ...

Fingers crossed they've just added Co-op or something like that, with just an expanded Settlement building system.

Also, 4x as big as Fallout 4 according to Howard ... so there's that.

Edit: Listening to Todd Howard opening comments on the game, I'm really feeling that this is just another Fallout game, and I couldn't be happier. He doesn't say anything about this being "different" than any of the others, just that's it's way bigger than 4.
                        I'm effin pumped. I hope the range for building -- more tools, more options to craft, freedom -- improves along with the bigger map/content.

I really want the gun customization to improve too, along with the different types of weapons you can carry.

The first week, I threw in three or four days worth into the game just doing side missions.

BUT PLEASE. NO MORE GAME BREAKING BUGS. PLEASE.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Just bought fallout 4 recently, first time playing a fallout game. It's pretty fun, definitely nowhere near as good as Elders scrolls though. Feels like it has half the content of Skyrim

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Just bought fallout 4 recently, first time playing a fallout game. It's pretty fun, definitely nowhere near as good as Elders scrolls though. Feels like it has half the content of Skyrim
                            I've got over 300 hours in a single playthrough in Fallout 4. Been a while since I played, but have been thinking about getting back into it. Fantastic game. Great choice. I think you'll be surprised the more you play just how much there is.

Comment

I've got over 300 hours in a single playthrough in Fallout 4. Been a while since I played, but have been thinking about getting back into it. Fantastic game. Great choice. I think you'll be surprised the more you play just how much there is.
                              Definitely getting back into Fallout once I've got the time. I love how the mods have seriously added another element to the game. I just hate the inability to manage the storage. IT'S TOO SMALL! I WANT MORE MODS.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                Definitely getting back into Fallout once I've got the time. I love how the mods have seriously added another element to the game. I just hate the inability to manage the storage. IT'S TOO SMALL! I WANT MORE MODS.
                                Been a while since I checked my mod list ... 147 active mods. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X