The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-r...t-3s-remaster/

so i accidentally found out this was a thing. pre-ordered and waiting for beta now. my first 3 years of life in china was netbars until 4am playing warcraft 3 2v2, then it became wow and insomnia.

Comment

• New third person single player, story driven Star Wars game, which is supposedly "canon"?
      Count me as interested.
      https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/5/18...date-fall-2019

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        New third person single player, story driven Star Wars game, which is supposedly "canon"?
        Count me as interested.
        https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/5/18...date-fall-2019
        I've been jonesing for a real 1-player Star Wars game since Force Awakens. I don't really play online.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So I bought a ps4 Pro so I can finally play these single player games like God of War and Spiderman. My initial impressions of the console, UI etc are not good. I installed the first update and can't tell you how many error messages I've gotten already just trying to access simple menus. The store is terrible. Everything seems sluggish or just doesn't work the way it is supposed to. It is sitting beside my xbox one x and is constantly disconnecting from wifi. Never had those issues with xbox.

That being said, I started playing God of War and this game has blown me away so far. Great story telling, graphics and gameplay. Im not far into it but already can see why people are touting it as being one of the best games of the generation. Looking forward to getting back to it.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Machine; Sat Feb 23, 2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Sony has definitely been killing it with the exclusives. Giving people alot of reason to buy their system. I haven't been a console gamer in a very long time, and even I have thought about getting a PS4 just for their exclusives (Red Dead and Spiderman mostly). God of War looks great as well though. Would think they'd have everything else ironed out by this point though. Good to know!

Comment

Sony has definitely been killing it with the exclusives. Giving people alot of reason to buy their system. I haven't been a console gamer in a very long time, and even I have thought about getting a PS4 just for their exclusives (Red Dead and Spiderman mostly). God of War looks great as well though. Would think they'd have everything else ironed out by this point though. Good to know!
              Red dead is not exclusive though I guess it is not on PC

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                Red dead is not exclusive though I guess it is not on PC

Ohh true. Ya, Red Dead isn't on PC. Good call. Forgot it was on XBox as well. Which makes it even dumber that it's not on PC, since the XBox is basically a PC in a box.

Comment

Ohh true. Ya, Red Dead isn't on PC. Good call. Forgot it was on XBox as well. Which makes it even dumber that it's not on PC, since the XBox is basically a PC in a box.
                  Yeah Im shocked they didn't put it on PC. On the X its the best looking game I have ever played I'd say.

Comment

• So i finally finished God of War and it is definitely up there as one of the best games I have ever played. It actually took some ideas from Ninja Theory's Hellblade game and just did it 10x better. The story was super interesting and kept driving you forward to learn more. Gameplay was fun and they kept it varied enough throughout. I highly recommend this game if you haven't played it.

I am now about halfway through The Last of Us Remastered. The game is decent so far but way overhyped in my opinion. The story is just ok. It is pretty cliche and predictable though I expect it to get better considering the reviews it got. The gameplay is pretty boring. I do realize it is a last-gen game and games have improved a ton since then but so far I'm not overly impressed. I do intend to finish it though. Will play spiderman next and then probably the uncharted games before I go back to my xbox.

Comment

• This has to be the oldest thread on the forum. First post was October 11th, 2011.

Been playing some Mount & Blade Warband lately. I wish Bannerlord would release already.

Comment

• Downloaded heroes of the monkey tavern for switch. It was on sale, old school dungeon crawl. Have a 16 hour flight, and hoping it is like mordor. Loved that old game

Comment

• I finished The Last of Us and, although it did get better after the halfway point, overall I was disappointed but that is probably mostly due to the hype the game got. The story was mediocre and the gameplay was not exactly fun and became more of a chore at times. The mini puzzles were so basic and just became annoying as it was the same thing just repeated over and over: find a plank to cross a gap, find a ladder to climb a wall and find a skid so the girl who can't swim can cross the water. That being said, I have seen a couple trailers for The Last of Us Part 2 and my god that game looks amazing and much improved. Looking forward to it.

I am now about halfway through Spiderman and this game is super fun. I love Insomniac and loved Sunset Overdrive on xbox. They killed it with spiderman. It's one of those games you will want to complete 100% and find all collectibles etc. Swinging around is just so fun that you will never use fast travel. Combat was actually challenging at first but very rewarding once you get the hang of it. Great game.

Last edited by Machine; Thu Mar 7, 2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Days Gone is the next big exclusive. It looks great.

Comment

• Just read an article about Project xCloud. This is very promising and I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft's next console leverages this tech to help deliver some experiences that Sony cannot if it chooses to go simply with traditional hardware.

Beyond that there's a rumor that xCloud might be coming to Nintendo Switch with the whole Xbox library. That's a HUGE score if it's true.

https://www.windowscentral.com/project-xcloud?amp

The system would see latency-sensitive aspects of a game handled locally, such as inputs and collision, while other parts, such as graphics-intensive outputs, would be backed by the cloud.

Microsoft-registered patents also hint at an AI-enhanced backend, with instances of Xbox One titles cached in xCloud's active memory. These remote instances aren't linked to profiles, allowing players to seamlessly "boot" and request these preloaded titles, without perceptible initial load time. Paired with usage data, the service can anticipate demand, scaling resources to player needs. This would further enhance the on-demand nature of xCloud, reducing overall wait times.
                              This section of the article is why I know it will be a success.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Just read an article about Project xCloud. This is very promising and I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft's next console leverages this tech to help deliver some experiences that Sony cannot if it chooses to go simply with traditional hardware.

Beyond that there's a rumor that xCloud might be coming to Nintendo Switch with the whole Xbox library. That's a HUGE score if it's true.

https://www.windowscentral.com/project-xcloud?amp

This section of the article is why I know it will be a success.
                                I thought Microsoft said they were done making new consoles.

Comment

Working...
                                X