The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'd be satisfied with a KOTOR 1&2 double pack remaster. Make it 1080p with new textures and character models. They could have a game that could run on everything from Switch to high-end PCs... And it would sell a tonne. People are dying for Star Wars things that stay true to the spirit of the original trilogy.
    I'd have to agree and disagree in regards to the original trilogy part.

I think it'll split into two groups.

The casual Star Wars fans that grew up on A New Hope and/or the Phantom Menace and so on will probably have a hard time digesting any movie that doesn't reference Skywalker/Obi-Wan/Vader, etc.

However, Star Wars fans that dove into different channels like us nerds -- KOTOR, SWTOR, comics, etc. -- I'm sure would welcome and, in fact, be excited about building on a story way before/after the current trilogy timeline.

I agree with the remaster. I'm currently playing KOTOR I and II on Xbox One thanks to the backwards compatibility, and it runs sooooooooo much better than when they made it backwards compatible on the 360. However, I still get the same experience as if I were playing on the graphics/frame rate as the Original Xbox.

Axel wrote: View Post
    KOTOR might actually be better than the original trilogy. The ultimate story of redemption or destiny (depending on your chosen path). If it was given a full movie (or animation), I think it would stand up very well.

A remastered game would be fantastic as the original Xbox graphics are pretty rudimentary compared to these days.
    I have to agree, did a ton of reading these past few days, and goddamn, the story of Revan is so intriguing and incredibly deep, especially if they happen to bank on how *spoiler* Revan and the exile are the middle of the force -- making decisions based on their own morality, rather than the Jedi/Sith codes.

Sh*t, they could make an entire movie/animation on Kreia, who is probably the deepest character in any of the KOTOR games, imo of course.

Just imagine. KOTOR I/II story/customization style/dialogue with the optimization/content of something like Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Sigh. Sigh. sigh.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Well in the new movies there seemed to be a lot of disappointment about how they handled the original trilogy characters. I know I was one of them. I would have rather not had a connection to the old movies at all rather than have it mishandled like it was. I don't want to go too in detail but what they did with Luke, Han and Leia made no sense.

To go into a different time would have been much better than what we got. I think I'll pass on seeing the next one in theatres. This is some hindsight vision, I know but say it, I must.
      Last edited by Apollo; Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Well in the new movies there seemed to be a lot of disappointment about how they handled the original trilogy characters. I know I was one of them. I would have rather not had a connection to the old movies at all rather than have it mishandled like it was. I don't want to go too in detail but what they did with Luke, Han and Leia made no sense.

To go into a different time would have been much better than what we got. I think I'll pass on seeing the next one in theatres. This is some hindsight vision, I know but say it, I must.
        Force Awakens was aight, Rogue One was solid, The Last Jedi... ...kill me.

I wonder where they go from here, aside from the one in May next year.

Give me Revan. Give me Revan. Give me Revan.

Comment

• I know battle royale games are a bit played out these days but I can't wait to play these two games and see what these developers can do with the genre.

https://youtu.be/C_ud_rjFAEE

https://youtu.be/UZW4cPUIVf4

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone recently looking into Cyberpunk 2077?

This game looks serious. Content is apparently... big. A ton of open world to explore, customization, story, etc.

A friend of mine introduced me to it, and it looks badass.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              Anyone recently looking into Cyberpunk 2077?

This game looks serious. Content is apparently... big. A ton of open world to explore, customization, story, etc.

A friend of mine introduced me to it, and it looks badass.
              Yeah can't wait for this game too.

Along with shadow of the tomb raider, red dead 2, forza horizon 4, the division 2 and anthem

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                I know battle royale games are a bit played out these days but I can't wait to play these two games and see what these developers can do with the genre.

Damn! Blackout looks nice.

Machine wrote: View Post
                Yeah can't wait for this game too.

Along with shadow of the tomb raider, red dead 2, forza horizon 4, the division 2 and anthem

Yesssss, soooooo looking forward to The Division 2. I haven't even come close to finishing the first one, cause of the time I need to invest, but I get lost for like 3-4 straight hours before I move. I started playing after all the patches, fixes, etc. Got it just a few months ago actually. It runs great for me. Looking forward to what they do with the new one.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                  I know battle royale games are a bit played out these days but I can't wait to play these two games and see what these developers can do with the genre.

Omg they just released this trailer and now Im even more hyped

https://youtu.be/BjiaMBk6rHk

Comment

• The new Spider-Man game looks soooo good.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      The new Spider-Man game looks soooo good.
                      Picked my copy up yesterday, played 5 hours last night without even getting deep into the story. It's so freaking playable. Absolutely nailed the open world mechanics and just pure enjoyability of swinging around the city that grabbed me when I played the older games back on PS2.

They really piled on the September releases on me this year. NHL, NBA2K, Spidey and Tombraider... All out within like a week and a half.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• going to buy an nba game this year. first in a decade. live, or 2k? thanks

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          going to buy an nba game this year. first in a decade. live, or 2k? thanks
                          2k has a much better track record. 2K18 was great. I bought it on Switch. Balling from bed. Balling everywhere!

Comment

• Live used to suck.. not sure if they've improved it.

It's too bad too since EA Sports made a heck of a hockey game. They just need to come out on the switch!

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              going to buy an nba game this year. first in a decade. live, or 2k? thanks
                              2K. It's got everything you could want.

Comment

• Yeah, 2K is still miles ahead of Live.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X