The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    agreed. that's what i mean for the wow players. i played warcraft 1, 2, and 3. they were all awesome. all of them built and added to the lore of azaroth. i even liked the wow movie. we went from one experience to a completely different one that was more immersive then what we started with. everquest players switched to a superior gameplay.

elder scrolls online and fallout76, which i haven't played but read about, both do the exact opposite. the only add is more players and then the takeaways are huge. elder scrolls online might have been a good online game, but it is a horrible elder scrolls game.
    Another thing with ES & FO is that for me anyway, I play them not for challenge but instead to be a highly virtuous totally unstoppable killing machine(yes, that's possible) in the vein of Chuck Norris mythology. I'm not good enough at video games to achieve anything remotely close to that while playing with others.

Comment

• So I'm about ten hours into Skyrim on Switch. It runs pretty smoothly except for on very isolated scenario that someone else might not encounter.

To make it fresh I'm rolling a pure mage rogue/thief with enchanting and alchemy; typically I'm Nord warrior blacksmith, always taking the virtuous highroad in these games... I haven't decided if I'm going to go full on dark side and join the brotherhood, I usually annihilate them as soon as I have some decent gear and a sidekick. One thing I do know for sure though is I will not side with the Nords this time, something I've never done before.

Mages seem incredibly under powered. I mean, I know once I max out enchanting and alchemy it probably won't matter either way but right now if I hadn't hired Stenvar there would be some battles where I'd be over my head. Typically anything beyond one on one I'm conjuring up a Flame Atronach, stepping back and letting Stenvar and my fire woman do most of the work. Once I get deeper into the mage skill trees I think I'll find some sort of OP setup, but for now I'm delegating combat to my minions. Fun times.

Now if only they'd port New Vegas in a remastered version...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        So I'm about ten hours into Skyrim on Switch. It runs pretty smoothly except for on very isolated scenario that someone else might not encounter.

To make it fresh I'm rolling a pure mage rogue/thief with enchanting and alchemy; typically I'm Nord warrior blacksmith, always taking the virtuous highroad in these games... I haven't decided if I'm going to go full on dark side and join the brotherhood, I usually annihilate them as soon as I have some decent gear and a sidekick. One thing I do know for sure though is I will not side with the Nords this time, something I've never done before.

Mages seem incredibly under powered. I mean, I know once I max out enchanting and alchemy it probably won't matter either way but right now if I hadn't hired Stenvar there would be some battles where I'd be over my head. Typically anything beyond one on one I'm conjuring up a Flame Atronach, stepping back and letting Stenvar and my fire woman do most of the work. Once I get deeper into the mage skill trees I think I'll find some sort of OP setup, but for now I'm delegating combat to my minions. Fun times.

Now if only they'd port New Vegas in a remastered version...
        Need to be a sword mage early until you get some somewhat decent clothes.

I do like to go cat or reptile with heavy armor when i go sneak mage. Otherwise any boss level enemy with a damage enchant two hander one shots you.

My switch skyrim is a no weapon orc ninja. Refusing to use weapons or range. Have lydia, wait for dragons to land and go punch them in the face.

Comment

• I'm trying to roll pure mage and not gain any experience with weapons. I want to get the most out of my skill trees that I am aiming to use. So one shots to me? Yeah, that's happened and speaking of Orcs, I got one shorted by the Orc on the road who thinks he's too old to get laid and so he wants to die a warriors death. I used to wreck that fool when I was Apollo the Barbarian... I'm going to have to let my hired goon give him the Warriors death he wants.

By the way, a ninja Orc who punches dragons in the face sounds very bad ass. It strikes me as a build that would want to have the heaviest armor available.

Comment

I'm trying to roll pure mage and not gain any experience with weapons. I want to get the most out of my skill trees that I am aiming to use. So one shots to me? Yeah, that's happened and speaking of Orcs, I got one shorted by the Orc on the road who thinks he's too old to get laid and so he wants to die a warriors death. I used to wreck that fool when I was Apollo the Barbarian... I'm going to have to let my hired goon give him the Warriors death he wants.

By the way, a ninja Orc who punches dragons in the face sounds very bad ass. It strikes me as a build that would want to have the heaviest armor available.
            The burning hands spells that shoot constant fire but not far away are the best for leveling then. Really need to hide behind lydia.

I've done it with heavy armor. I want him to punch faces later and have all the dodges happen. Orc power is enough armor
            Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Dec 6, 2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              Need to be a sword mage early until you get some somewhat decent clothes.

I do like to go cat or reptile with heavy armor when i go sneak mage. Otherwise any boss level enemy with a damage enchant two hander one shots you.

My switch skyrim is a no weapon orc ninja. Refusing to use weapons or range. Have lydia, wait for dragons to land and go punch them in the face.
              HAHAHAHA This is one of the best lines I've ever read about a Skyrim build. Well played sir.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/MGLTgt0EEqc

Aaaaand here it is! Looks amazing!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                  https://youtu.be/MGLTgt0EEqc

Aaaaand here it is! Looks amazing!
                  Oh. My. Fuck. It's everything I dreamed of!! Space Fallout!! Lol

Hoping they have full Mod Support.
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 6, 2018, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Nice trailer.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/J3cRpYGVPsU

Comment

https://youtu.be/J3cRpYGVPsU

Hopefully there are a lot of wild characters and zany story lines like New Vegas. Wild Wasteland was always something I picked in New Vegas.

Comment

• God of War wins GOTY, well deserved. Never has a game series ever had as big of a switch up as God of War and ended up even better, its a feel good story. Also, Red Dead 2 is fucking amazing the narrative is awesome, the world, the characters, graphics... only gripe would be the combat and cover system which are below par, Rockstar really needs to take a page out of Uncharted's book

Comment

• Been playing Wasteland 2 free on Xbox Game Pass lately and recommend it for RPG fans. First time playing a real RPG in an isometric view before and didn't think I'd be into it but this game is amazing. Made by InXile who inspired the Fallout series with the first Wasteland in the 80's. The writing is incredible and the depth of choice and consequence is something I have never seen before which makes it super immersive. I'm only about 10 hours in and depending on how you play it can be an 80 hour game but it already has me excited for Wasteland 3 coming in early 2019. Will also be on all platforms.

Comment

Been playing Wasteland 2 free on Xbox Game Pass lately and recommend it for RPG fans. First time playing a real RPG in an isometric view before and didn't think I'd be into it but this game is amazing. Made by InXile who inspired the Fallout series with the first Wasteland in the 80's. The writing is incredible and the depth of choice and consequence is something I have never seen before which makes it super immersive. I'm only about 10 hours in and depending on how you play it can be an 80 hour game but it already has me excited for Wasteland 3 coming in early 2019. Will also be on all platforms.

If you enjoy that game then you'll absolutely love XCOM and XCOM2.

Comment

If you enjoy that game then you'll absolutely love XCOM and XCOM2.
                                I have both and def love those games too. The combat is similar but still a different genre.

Comment

Working...
                                X