The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Turns out they are remaking RE2, using the over-the-shoulder camera used in RE4, rather than the fixed camera like the original RE2.

I will be all over this come January.
    Yeah, I will buy that too. I am old now but the computer used to have awesom puzzle games for Indiana jones, and star trek. The early resident evils were like that. Not just terrifying. They created problems if you forgot something along the way, but as long as you were careful the game came together very well. Early resident evils were about resource usage, depending on difficulty and puzzle solving. I liked that. I hate shitting my pants while I play a game. I haven't shit myself in like 3 weeks now, and I hate resetting that clock.

Comment

• https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...e_of_Atlantis/

went and found it on steam.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Hahaha Amazing. Still charging $7 for it too. Lol

Oh ya, so RE7 actually get's alot more puzzle-y, and very reminiscent of RE1, where you're just roaming around the house trying to figure stuff out, not long after where you left it. But god damn man, I've resorted to only allowing myself to play during the day time. Lol

Comment

• Alright, so I'm now a few hours in, and I've established the following formula:
          (Best parts of RE1/2) + (Best parts of RE4) + (Little more shit in your pants) = RE7.
          Last edited by Joey; Sun Nov 4, 2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• I ended up buying Skyrim for my switch over the weekend. Mind you, I have been in the dark when it comes to video games. Last console I really used prior to my switch was my PS-1. And for about 15 years I just never played.. and if I did it was just really casually.

I checked my stats, and played Zelda for over 385 hours (I love my switch). So was looking for another game like it and heard a lot of good things about Skyrim.

The action sequences are pretty bad. Not much skill in fighting. Just going out there and hoping for the best.. but man the rest of the game is beautiful. I get lost just roaming around the open maps. I could easily see myself putting in hours in this game. Definitely was worth the purchase.

The one thing I liked about Zelda is I could just hoard every item I found. In Skyrim we can only hold so much. So I have no idea if pots/pans and other things I collect will be important later on. And I end up eating a lot of my food just so I don't have to throw it out

Still have to figure out how magic works. I'm hoping the game teaches me along the way.

But any tips for a newbie like me? Or should I just go with the flow?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I ended up buying Skyrim for my switch over the weekend. Mind you, I have been in the dark when it comes to video games. Last console I really used prior to my switch was my PS-1. And for about 15 years I just never played.. and if I did it was just really casually.

I checked my stats, and played Zelda for over 385 hours (I love my switch). So was looking for another game like it and heard a lot of good things about Skyrim.

The action sequences are pretty bad. Not much skill in fighting. Just going out there and hoping for the best.. but man the rest of the game is beautiful. I get lost just roaming around the open maps. I could easily see myself putting in hours in this game. Definitely was worth the purchase.

The one thing I liked about Zelda is I could just hoard every item I found. In Skyrim we can only hold so much. So I have no idea if pots/pans and other things I collect will be important later on. And I end up eating a lot of my food just so I don't have to throw it out

Still have to figure out how magic works. I'm hoping the game teaches me along the way.

But any tips for a newbie like me? Or should I just go with the flow?
              Level as a heavy armor sword and board. Only magic you need is the healing spell they start you with.

Just keep you block up, and practice block breaking. Then swing quick and wild. Get your sword leveled to crit, or go axe and get it leveled to bleed.

Two handed hammers with heavy armor are the most fun because you just break people

Go orc. His power will make you invincible. Bow and arrows for range.

Comment

• Only keep something that has a 10 to one pound gold ratio, in the beginning. Make some money.

Comment

There is literally an in-game College to teach you, so no worries there. Haha

Comment

Level as a heavy armor sword and board. Only magic you need is the healing spell they start you with.

Just keep you block up, and practice block breaking. Then swing quick and wild. Get your sword leveled to crit, or go axe and get it leveled to bleed.

Two handed hammers with heavy armor are the most fun because you just break people

Go orc. His power will make you invincible. Bow and arrows for range.
                    Good tips, thanks! I might actually start from the beginning now that I just scratched the surface. Would prefer a guy good with weapons. I chose a Breton thinking it would help against magic. Might be better just to brute force my way through an enemy than be a coward lol.

Comment

Good tips, thanks! I might actually start from the beginning now that I just scratched the surface. Would prefer a guy good with weapons. I chose a Breton thinking it would help against magic. Might be better just to brute force my way through an enemy than be a coward lol.
                      You need to be careful of fireball and ice lance spells, and watch for floor runes. After you level up blocking you will be magic invincible. Until then just watch for clothes that have reductions, juice them, and enchant your clothes using strong soul gems with strong souls in them.

Comment

• Hide behind lydia. The archer elf in the first town is useful until lydia.

Comment

• Giants are friendly, dont be afraid

Comment

Giants are friendly, dont be afraid
                            Hahaha

Comment

• Just finished Resident Evil 7. It's an absolute Masterpiece. Highly recommended. Really cool to see how it ties into the larger RE Universe.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Just finished Resident Evil 7. It's an absolute Masterpiece. Highly recommended. Really cool to see how it ties into the larger RE Universe.
                                Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X