The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I have it on PS4 and there is no one as cheap to unlock as 3k. I think 5k is the minimum for guys like the Bushwackers, Big Boss Man and Stunning Steve Austin. Heck, Jim Neidhart is 15k, with most of the good characters being between 30k (Scott Hall, Lex Luger) and 60k (HBK, Rock). Stone Cold is the most expensive at 87k. Ricky the Dragon is 35k. Although I'm pretty sure I started with 100k, so I was able to immediately get Savage, Flair, Sting.

The download feature is fantastic to cut down on having to make extra guys too. Saves from buying DLC.
    Are Jake and Roddy in it?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Are Jake and Roddy in it?
      Jake yes. Roddy no, but I found a very good version of him for download. Music is Irish instead of Scottish but pretty damn identical otherwise.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Anyone try the console version of the Sims 4? Havent played a sims game since I was a kid. Ive heard its the same as the PC game with all features and dlc in tact. But because its the same, ive heard the controls are cumbersome and annoying to get used to. Debating giving it a try on sale since i completely forget basically everything about those games but wondered if anyone has played.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• So I'm finally warming up to the idea of getting a Switch. I've owned a PSP, PS Vita, DS and 3DS in the past and so I really value being able to play on the toilet or in bed.

I used to remote play my PS4 via my PS Vita until my Vita bit the dust. It worked well enough for most games to be passable but the Switch has the horsepower to play everything in the handheld and there's a bunch of games for it now, including NBA 2K18. Which brings me to my question, what's NB2K18 Switch edition like now after months of patches? Is MyCareer still a mess? Is 2K view smooth in the game now?

Also, I'm happy to hear that Dark Souls 1 Remastered is coming to Switch in May. This game probably turned the tide for me because I was planning on getting it for PS4 but the appeal of playing it on a handheld is huge for me.

I also hear that BLOPS4 is coming to Switch this fall. Hopefully EA supports it and brings Battlefield.

Another question, do any of you use a tempered glass screen protector and if so, how is it working for you?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Jake yes. Roddy no, but I found a very good version of him for download. Music is Irish instead of Scottish but pretty damn identical otherwise.
            LOL close enough I guess.

Comment

LOL close enough I guess.
              No it's not ...

How do you not have Rowdy Roddy Piper in a Video that features the greatest Wrestlers of all time? The dude was a legend!

Comment

• Alright, so I said to hell with it and bought one, along with a tempered glass screen protector and a 128GB microsd card. I'm using this as a handheld almost entirely. Hopefully that 128gb card lasts a while. I know 2K18 takes up ridiculous space no matter if you're using the cart or not.

I love how Amazon charged zero tax on my Switch. Either that or they included it in the $399.99 CAD price.

Comment

• So I first used my Nintendo Switch last night. Here are some first impressions:
                  • Not a big fan of the analog sticks but they're about the same as the Vita stick and so I think I'll get used to it. However I might opt for a set of Kontrol Freaks if I still don't like them later on.
                  • Setting up a Nintendo account can be a pain. I registered via my phone. You fill a form and then Nintendo sends you an email. You click that link in the email, do some more stuff and then are emailed a code. When they send the code they do not include a URL and so if you've backed out of the website, the code is useless and you need to start the process all over again...
                  • Once I got my Nintendo account setup I popped in NBA 2K18. A notice told me it was going to take 2.5 hours to download all the files not included on the cart... So I actually didn't play any games last night.
                  • I checked out the Nintendo Shop though and was surprised at the number of games in just a year. I do think they need to revamp the store though. It's too simplistic, really lacking in design and Nintendo should take some queues from Valve, Sony and Microsoft. I was surprised that there were no apps to be found. No Netflix or Spotify support in particular.
                  • The screen is really nice. I put a tempered glass protector over it though because the thing is plastic and that's clearly Nintendo cheaping out to hit the profit margin. It's bright and colorful though. It's also very sharp at 720p. It will do nicely.
                  • The handheld is bigger than I imagined and a little heavier... I'll gladly accept the big screen in exchange for the extra weight.
                  • Nintendo also cheaped out on the memory. I went out and dropped $50 on a 128GB micro SD, which bumps total storage up to 160GB. That's fine for Nintendo's AAA games but third party games look huge. You'd only want a few of those on your stick and so it might be a system I opt for physical copies and that's something I moved off of quite some time ago.

I'm looking forward to actually playing a game on it tonight. lol

Comment

So I first used my Nintendo Switch last night. Here are some first impressions:
                    • Not a big fan of the analog sticks but they're about the same as the Vita stick and so I think I'll get used to it. However I might opt for a set of Kontrol Freaks if I still don't like them later on.
                    • Setting up a Nintendo account can be a pain. I registered via my phone. You fill a form and then Nintendo sends you an email. You click that link in the email, do some more stuff and then are emailed a code. When they send the code they do not include a URL and so if you've backed out of the website, the code is useless and you need to start the process all over again...
                    • Once I got my Nintendo account setup I popped in NBA 2K18. A notice told me it was going to take 2.5 hours to download all the files not included on the cart... So I actually didn't play any games last night.
                    • I checked out the Nintendo Shop though and was surprised at the number of games in just a year. I do think they need to revamp the store though. It's too simplistic, really lacking in design and Nintendo should take some queues from Valve, Sony and Microsoft. I was surprised that there were no apps to be found. No Netflix or Spotify support in particular.
                    • The screen is really nice. I put a tempered glass protector over it though because the thing is plastic and that's clearly Nintendo cheaping out to hit the profit margin. It's bright and colorful though. It's also very sharp at 720p. It will do nicely.
                    • The handheld is bigger than I imagined and a little heavier... I'll gladly accept the big screen in exchange for the extra weight.
                    • Nintendo also cheaped out on the memory. I went out and dropped $50 on a 128GB micro SD, which bumps total storage up to 160GB. That's fine for Nintendo's AAA games but third party games look huge. You'd only want a few of those on your stick and so it might be a system I opt for physical copies and that's something I moved off of quite some time ago.

I'm looking forward to actually playing a game on it tonight. lol
                    Yeah the switch is definitely not without some issues and annoyances. My biggest beef is having to use a mobile phone app to play multiplayer with friends. However, I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives. Though I still use my xbox far more often.

Comment

• Say what? There's no friends list build into the Switch OS?

Comment

Say what? There's no friends list build into the Switch OS?
                        There is a friends list and u can play games without the mobile app but you cant voice chat without the mobile app. You will also have to start paying for this shell of an online service later this year. Tho it will only be $20 for the year

Comment

• Its 2018. How hard is it to enable a connection to a bluetooth headset and send that data from the console to a server? Does Nintendo have dedicated servers? What's the $20 for?

Comment

Its 2018. How hard is it to enable a connection to a bluetooth headset and send that data from the console to a server? Does Nintendo have dedicated servers? What's the $20 for?
                            The 20 is because everyone that has a switch and wants to play with their friends will drop 20 a year to do so. It is stupid. If you're playing online, you probably have high speed unlimited internet, so Skype or any other free service could do the way same thing.

Comment

• Just read a little about it. They're basically emulating Sony's practice, only offering a lot less and charging at a much lower price. If it stays at $20/year then ok but once they get a large install base I wonder what Nintendo will do if revenues happen to slide a little? Up the price of course.

Comment

• I don't play many online games.. so can't really comment on that aspect.. But yeah EA dropped the ball. The amount of space required for its game is crazy considering the little space required for games like Zelda or Mario need.

I got a good deal on a micro SD card and have been using it. Needed it for WWE 2K18 as well.

Nintendo by September is opening up their virtual console. In older Nintendo Consoles that's where you could download play classic Nintendo or Super Nintendo games on your console. There is apparently going to be a $20 subscription fee for it, but that's just rumours. Not sure if that subscription is needed to play online or not.. but again I don't play online so I don't really care one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X