No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah to be honest I'm surprised they are even letting uncharted come to an end. For a long time I had planned on buying both consoles (and I still might if PSVR becomes a must have) but from an outsiders perspective, uncharted is really the only attractive franchise they have right now. IMO. I know bloodborne is considered a great game but it's just not one I'd be into. I do wish I could play MLB the show but not enough to justify another console. I'm sure naughty dog will come out with something else that is great tho, curious to see what that is.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      Yeah to be honest I'm surprised they are even letting uncharted come to an end. For a long time I had planned on buying both consoles (and I still might if PSVR becomes a must have) but from an outsiders perspective, uncharted is really the only attractive franchise they have right now. IMO. I know bloodborne is considered a great game but it's just not one I'd be into. I do wish I could play MLB the show but not enough to justify another console. I'm sure naughty dog will come out with something else that is great tho, curious to see what that is.
      They said they were going to stop making Gran Turismo games as well, and low and behold, theres a new one coming out in 2017. I'm sure if the Market calls for it, they'll keep making them.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Tomb Raider is not on the same level as Uncharted. IMO it doesn't play as well and the characters are not as memorable, sad to see Uncharted end tho. It's my fav Playstation series
        I don't think Sony ever said Uncharted 4 is the last one. Naughty Dog said it's probably the last to feature Drake as the lead but that it's Sony's IP and they can do whatever with it. It's a flagship series, it sells really well and still I don't think they end it now because there's money to be made and it isn't easy to come up with a successful series like that.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          They said they were going to stop making Gran Turismo games as well, and low and behold, theres a new one coming out in 2017. I'm sure if the Market calls for it, they'll keep making them.
          I agree. There will be Uncharted games for as long as they turn nice profits. Just like Halo or Street Fighter or Elders Scrolls, etc.

Comment

• Sunset Overdrive is free right now for games with gold. Really fun wacky game that is new and different. The traversal and crazy weapons make for a lotta fun. Prolly the best free game they've given away yet on next gen besides the first tomb raider. (Still get some great 360 games free)

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Tomb Raider is not on the same level as Uncharted. IMO it doesn't play as well and the characters are not as memorable, sad to see Uncharted end tho. It's my fav Playstation series
              Considering Lara Croft is one of the most iconic characters in gaming history, not sure I agree with this assessment.

I hope they keep making both games. Both are fantastic.

Uncharted is definitely the flag ship for Sony right now. Final Fantasy series has gone downhill, so not a lot of great exclusives in the inventory.

I'm hopeful that Kingdom Hearts 3 (due out at Xmas) will make up for the Final Fantasy struggles.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Uncharted's characters all have really good voice actors and the stories are well written. That's not to say Tomb Raider doesn't do this but to speculate he might be referring to Uncharted as have deeper characters. Lara Croft is no doubt iconic but what about everyone else in the game? Does Tomb Raider tell a story using those character in a way that brings out emotions in you similar to when watching a really good movie? I wouldn't know, I haven't played the new games made by Square.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Uncharted's characters all have really good voice actors and the stories are well written. That's not to say Tomb Raider doesn't do this but to speculate he might be referring to Uncharted as have deeper characters. Lara Croft is no doubt iconic but what about everyone else in the game? Does Tomb Raider tell a story using those character in a way that brings out emotions in you similar to when watching a really good movie? I wouldn't know, I haven't played the new games made by Square.
                  The Tomb Raider game from 2 years ago~ definitely had good voice acting (Lara Croft was played by the hot chick from Grey's Anatomy) but most of the secondary characters were killed off, so they may not have a lasting impression. Now that Tomb Raider is on modern platforms, no reason to expect that the stories will be any less well-written or acted than Uncharted. The original PS system capabilities is really the only thing holding back the perception. The new game will really determine where that series goes. The last game was one of the best PS3 games in my opinion, so I have high hopes for the new one.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Angry Joe review of Quantum Break:

I think I'll wait until it goes on sale down the road.

Comment

Angry Joe review of Quantum Break:

I think I'll wait until it goes on sale down the road.
                      I mean, its predictable that you would pick this review to make your decision about the game rather than the overwhelming majority of positive reviews for the game. I could cherry pick too but that's not my style. While I do respect Angry Joe and I like what he stands for. I ALWAYS take his reviews with a grain of salt. He routinely trashes AAA games that are really fantastic games... like... he does this ALL the time. There are dozens of games that I own and love that he trashes in his reviews. Likewise, he gives perfect scores to totally obscure games that only a handful of people in the world will ever play. He's very entertaining tho and he calls companies out on their shit a lot which is why I stay subscribed to him. However, I totally disagree with him here even though he states that he understands why most people like it. I don't think there's any way you can play this game and not be satisfied. I'm almost done with my second play through which has altered the story and experience in many ways and I usually don't play through GOOD games twice let alone bad games. To each their own tho. I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Comment

• Ok guy, I saw it come up on Youtube's main page and thought it was funny. Settle down now, no need to get angry.

Comment

Ok guy, I saw it come up on Youtube's main page and thought it was funny. Settle down now, no need to get angry.
                          Not angry at all. I agree he is funny. Cheers.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            I mean, its predictable that you would pick this review to make your decision about the game rather than the overwhelming majority of positive reviews for the game. I could cherry pick too but that's not my style. While I do respect Angry Joe and I like what he stands for. I ALWAYS take his reviews with a grain of salt. He routinely trashes AAA games that are really fantastic games... like... he does this ALL the time. There are dozens of games that I own and love that he trashes in his reviews. Likewise, he gives perfect scores to totally obscure games that only a handful of people in the world will ever play. He's very entertaining tho and he calls companies out on their shit a lot which is why I stay subscribed to him. However, I totally disagree with him here even though he states that he understands why most people like it. I don't think there's any way you can play this game and not be satisfied. I'm almost done with my second play through which has altered the story and experience in many ways and I usually don't play through GOOD games twice let alone bad games. To each their own tho. I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.
                            i don't mind angry joe at all. i do put more emphasis on what he likes about games. you don't really have to worry about his cons list unless you are a really hardcore gamer.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              i don't mind angry joe at all. i do put more emphasis on what he likes about games. you don't really have to worry about his cons list unless you are a really hardcore gamer.
                              No I don't mind him, I am subscribed to host channel. But he tends to be way too harsh on AAA games. He overblows minor things IMO. And like I said he trashes a lotta games that are actually very good.

Comment

• He provides an honest unfiltered review based on his opinion; there's no one cutting deals with him for favourable reviews if you get me. That's what I expect from all critics and I expect that while remembering the final verdict is subjective. Also keep in mind what is minor to you may be a bigger thing to someone else. That can also work the other way.

Personally he hasn't led me wrong yet but due to family commitments I'm extremely selective in what I play typically but with a few exception. Usually I only go looking for him when I'm already interested in purchasing. Sometimes his videos catch my eye on the main page. They're well done compared to most tubers.

Comment

Working...
                                X