No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toss in butter and you can't go wrong.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Wow, God of War looks awesome. I never looked at the other two videos.
      You mean "The Witcher Scrolls: God of War"? Ya looks pretty cool. Never really played the older God of War games though, but this looks to be a pretty huge departure?
      Last edited by Joey; Fri Jun 17, 2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        You mean "The Witcher Scrolls: God of War"? Ya looks pretty cool. Never really played the older God of War games though, but this looks to be a pretty huge departure?
        Biggest difference seems that they've moved from Greek to Norse mythology. Kratos is bridging the two.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Biggest difference seems that they've moved from Greek to Norse mythology. Kratos is bridging the two.
          Hmmm that's interesting ... I guess its the Beard .. haha So is he becoming Odin then? Maybe that kid is Thor? That would be cool actually...

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

Joey wrote: View Post
            Hmmm that's interesting ... I guess its the Beard .. haha So is he becoming Odin then? Maybe that kid is Thor? That would be cool actually...
            Well the original story arc of God of War is that Kratos fights, kills and replaces Ares as the God of War (first game for revenge for destroying Sparta) then seeks to destroy Zeus and help the Titans overthrow Olympus.

Haven't finished God of War 3 yet but it would make sense that the world of mythology would all eventually be interconnected, so to move from battling the Greek gods to Norse gods would be a good reboot to the franchise.

The kid is likely his own (either biologically or adoption) as his originally family was killed under suspicious circumstances (will save the spoiler from you).
            Last edited by Axel; Fri Jun 17, 2016, 10:47 AM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Whatever you want to call it but it looks great. I think it was time for them to change it up. Open world adventures is what almost everyone wants.

And lots of games feature open world fantasy rpg elements. You just mentioned two of the most successful.

Comment

• "Inside" is so well done. I loved limbo and this is another incredible release for these developers.

Also, i decided to sign up for EA access the other day. Its an insane deal. $29.99 for the year and u get the following games for free:

Nba live 16
                Rory mcilroy pga tour
                Fifa 16
                Nhl 16
                Madden 16
                Battlefield hardline
                Dragon age inquisition
                Titanfall
                Fifa 15
                Nhl 15
                Battlefield 4
                Plants vs zombies garden warfare
                Nba live 15
                Madden 15
                Fifa 14
                Peggle 2
                Ufc
                Need for speed rivals
                Madden nfl 25
                Plants vs zombies backwards compatible
                Dead space backwards compatible

Every brand new EA game is eventually added to the free list.

Plus you get a 10% discount on any brand new EA game and 10% discount on any dlc. Plus you get to play any ea game a week early for free even if u dont plan to buy it. The full game, not a demo.

You also get premium for bf4 and bf hardline

Fucking insane deal.

Its absolutely mindblowing that Sony turned down EA access because they didnt think it was good value lol
                Last edited by Machine; Sun Jul 3, 2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Picked up Fallout4 for ps4 today as EB Games has it on sale for $29 or free with select trade in. I traded in ESO.

Excited to see it on the Next Gen systems.

Comment

• Pretty coincidental but I reinstalled FO4 last night and took it for a spin. All my settlements are f'd up because I have a clean vanilla version without mods.

I have a bunch of mods downloaded to Nexus again but I noticed that there now is a mod option in game. So my question is (maybe for Joey), which one is better? Nexus or FO4 in house mods?

Comment

• One more for you Joey or anyone into modding on the PC: Snap'n Build and Simply Modular Housing - SMH, have you used them? Which is better? They both look like they make it a lot easier building a base.

Comment

• Saw the best mod online the other day, think it was Left for Dead, where they changed all the playable characters into Raptors (walking around with guns) and all the zombies into Teletubbies.

Comment

• http://nerdreactor.com/2016/07/13/fa...-of-the-vault/

maybe getting back into fallout fallout shelter coming to fallout 4

Comment

• I spent about an hour last night picking through mods on Nexus. I never actually played the game. lol

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            http://nerdreactor.com/2016/07/13/fa...-of-the-vault/

maybe getting back into fallout fallout shelter coming to fallout 4
                            Pretty cool. I have the season pass so I'll be checking that out.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I spent about an hour last night picking through mods on Nexus. I never actually played the game. lol
                              Sounds kinda like the game itself. Every time I see the game on sale I look into it more but whenever I go to twitch to watch gameplay I rarely get to see any gameplay. Its just people flipping through menus lol

Comment

• We're talking about someone who just loaded the game on fresh. When I actually play the game I spend most of my time shooting things, followed by building things.... And maybe shooting those things.

Comment

Working...
                                X