The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    "Two Canadian teens were so absorbed while playing Pokemon Go that they inadvertently crossed into the US and were detained by Homeland Security agents on Thursday."
    To me is sounds like they're lying. It sounds like they were smuggling in Canadian Pokemon.

Comment

• I wonder when this mod will be released? I wonder if it'll work with the enhanced Skyrim? Man would I like to go back to Morrowind on a modern engine. One of my all time favorite games hands down.

Comment

• So Fallout peeps, who's your fav companion and why?

I pretty much exclusively roll with Nick Valentine cause his smarmy turn of the century mobster accent.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'd say Cait and Danse. They're polar opposites but both are interesting character.

I moved off the game again after finishing Automatron but it was fun making a Sentry bot to follow me around. I pretty much didn't have to lift a finger anymore after giving it a rocket launcher and flame thrower. Sometimes it would make me jump when it popped around a corner in front of me... The thing that annihilated me the most in the game was sentry bots. Those things are tough to take down without power armour and distance.
          Last edited by Apollo; Fri Aug 12, 2016, 02:11 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            So Fallout peeps, who's your fav companion and why?

I pretty much exclusively roll with Nick Valentine cause his smarmy turn of the century mobster accent.
            MacCready is my homeboy. Him and I are best friends, and he makes me repear it every few hours ... I think he's a little insecure about things.
            Curie and I are an item ... but so are Cait and I ... Curie is cool with it though.

I've had those 3 following me around everywhere for a little while. Good little posse. Don't think I could bring anyone else into the group. Danse tries, but he's too clean-cut for my group.

I made a Killing-Machine Robot that followed us around for a bit, but he made things too 'explodey' .. so we dialed it back. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              MacCready is my homeboy. Him and I are best friends, and he makes me repear it every few hours ... I think he's a little insecure about things.
              Curie and I are an item ... but so are Cait and I ... Curie is cool with it though.

I've had those 3 following me around everywhere for a little while. Good little posse. Don't think I could bring anyone else into the group. Danse tries, but he's too clean-cut for my group.

I made a Killing-Machine Robot that followed us around for a bit, but he made things too 'explodey' .. so we dialed it back. Lol
              Lol wow, gotta admit, don't think I've even run into those companions yet ( beauty of these types of games, you have no idea how far along you are).

You're killing machine robots sounds like HK47 from Star Wars KOTOR - perhaps the greatest NPC of all time.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Lol wow, gotta admit, don't think I've even run into those companions yet ( beauty of these types of games, you have no idea how far along you are).

You're killing machine robots sounds like HK47 from Star Wars KOTOR - perhaps the greatest NPC of all time.
                Hahah "Allow me to kill something in your honour, Master." Not too far off actually!

And ya, you find each of them in pretty random spots, but that's what's so good about the game like you said. I've been exploring to all the far corners, and still haven't found a few of the Companions yet.

Comment

Some of them you can't get depending on your choices. You can't acquire every companion in a single playthrough.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Some of them you can't get depending on your choices. You can't acquire every companion in a single playthrough.
                    Yeah that's true. Maybe if Joey is making crazy kill bots then he's a little more hardcore than my character who generally plays by the nice guy code.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Hahah "Allow me to kill something in your honour, Master." Not too far off actually!

And ya, you find each of them in pretty random spots, but that's what's so good about the game like you said. I've been exploring to all the far corners, and still haven't found a few of the Companions yet.
                      "May I blast the organic meat bag master?" Lol

Comment

• I bought a 'Portal 2' Steam code like a year ago for super cheap, not because I was dying to play it but because I couldn't buy a small coffee at Starbucks for that price.

I finally got to playing it last night and what an awesome time. I played Portal 1 like nine years ago on Xbox 360 and I don't know why Valve doesn't make more of these because I'm starting to remember how much I liked Portal. It has to be some of the best puzzle adventuring out there.

Comment

• Wow shocked to hear about all the hate towards No Mans Sky. Turns out the developers completely lied about gameplay mechanics and might be trying to avoid a lawsuit. Pretty shady. Looks like Elite Dangerous is where its at. Cheaper too.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            Wow shocked to hear about all the hate towards No Mans Sky. Turns out the developers completely lied about gameplay mechanics and might be trying to avoid a lawsuit. Pretty shady. Looks like Elite Dangerous is where its at. Cheaper too.
                            The game looks interesting but you have to wonder if the gameplay has enough variety to it to make it a good game.

Haven't seen anything about a lawsuit. What's that about?

Comment

The game looks interesting but you have to wonder if the gameplay has enough variety to it to make it a good game.

Haven't seen anything about a lawsuit. What's that about?
                              Well theres video of the developers answering questions and specifically sayijg its a multiplayer game and you will be able to see and interact with other player in game and that is not the case. There has been talk of a lawsuit after the number of preorders they received following that info. Also there is apparently proof that developers created multiple fake metecritic accounts trying to skew user scores by making them all 10s. Most of this info comes from a youtuber i respect: https://youtu.be/MCAHcv0UNy0
                              He's pretty thorough and does point out some positives of the game.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                Wow shocked to hear about all the hate towards No Mans Sky. Turns out the developers completely lied about gameplay mechanics and might be trying to avoid a lawsuit. Pretty shady. Looks like Elite Dangerous is where its at. Cheaper too.
                                After reading your post I googled the game and came upon this review that detailed the issues: http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/12/124...llo-games-sony

I wasn't planning on being a day one adopter so I'm unconcerned with the issues. When I do get it down the road I'll opt for the PC version and make sure it's during one of those 75-85% off sales that tend to pop up a lot heading into Christmas season. I think PC is best bet because the community will probably offer up a lot of independent patches and content. A game this vast seems primed for modding.

Comment

Working...
                                X