Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I think part of that perception has to do with the shootout (which is basically a coin toss, and which the Leafs lost over and over and over again). The loser point has changed the barometer for NHL teams from win rate to points totals, so no one really pays attention to above or below .500, so I'm not surprised people would be taken aback (though obviously it is true).
      No. Before there was OT, it was just a point for a tie and get on the plane....for years. So Toronto isn't a sub- 500 team at all. The new format changes nothing, the OT and shoot out were added to make the American fans happy.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        No. Before there was OT, it was just a point for a tie and get on the plane....for years. So Toronto isn't a sub- 500 team at all. The new format changes nothing, the OT and shoot out were added to make the American fans happy.
        Except back then, you weren't gifting a bunch of wins to half the teams that finished games in ties. Since we are counting those wins, should probably count the losses too.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nope, either way it was a point if it was tied after 60. The Leafs almost never get that extra point....basically, I'm just saying, the system didn't slide in a team that didnt deserve it, they did deserve it.

Anyhow... Go Leafs Go

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Nope, either way it was a point if it was tied after 60. The Leafs almost never get that extra point....basically, I'm just saying, the system didn't slide in a team that didnt deserve it, they did deserve it.

Anyhow... Go Leafs Go
            Point system is irrelevant. Leafs won 40 games and lost 42. Therefore sub .500.

Comment

• Go Canucks Go! Oh wait . . . *Starts crying* - Guess that just gives me more time to spend in my music studio. Perhaps I'll create a track about how much the Canucks disappoint there loyal fans
              Last edited by Ericlobster; Fri Nov 24, 2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• In Edmonton, it's usual for the fans to sing most of the Canadian anthem without an anthem singer.

For Game 3 against Anaheim, the crowd sung BOTH the Canadian and American national anthems. Was also noted that lyrics for neither of the anthems was on the jumbotron.

Comment

• Turns out the American anthem was sung by the crowd because the singer (Brett Kissel) realized his mic wasn't working

Comment

• I have to ask you guys.... whose excited for the expansion draft?
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Im interested, thats for sure

Comment

• The afterlife just got a whole lot tougher - Dave Semenko lost his battle with cancer today

Comment

• Comment

• Tough to pass up a good deal....

Comment

• Hey, yo, here's the hockey thread.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X