DeMar Struggling With Accountability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassan wrote: View Post
    the truth is demar is not the future star of this team , whoever we draft this year will be, or it could possibly be j-val. and bargnani should be our future sixth man we have to start thinking long term and start building for a conentender and if BC plays his cards right we have all the tools to succeed. demar at best will be a scoring option, not the main alpha dog
    If Bargnani continues to play as he had, people will need to develop new views on him. The last thing I would want from Bargnani at this time is to have him come off the bench.

Comment

DeRozan and bargs are good 2nd and third options like deng and boozer on the bulls. Cept DeMar might end up a better scorer than deng. We need to get that franchise player this year to top it all off.

Comment

All of you are flaring up for no reason. Demar goes through streaks just like EVERY young player does. I dont think many of you remember but last year he had dismal months mixed in with all-star months. Remember the stretch where he averaged practically 30 pts a game for like 2 weeks?! Thats called a flare of potential. We all know he is far from refined, but there's more basketball to be played, and when he starts to flare his potential again, like i know he is capable of, you guys will all be singing a different tune. Let the kid play, this year is about development as we await 2 highly touted rookies for next year. Demar is a really really good player, and you have to stick through these stretches to develop really really good players into great players. All of you fellow republicans have to settle down, because we react way to quickly to strings of bad/good games. For example the way we are shooting down ED and DD, while giving (all of a sudden) such high respect to Bargnani. Mood swings galore for the lot of you.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          All of you are flaring up for no reason. Demar goes through streaks just like EVERY young player does. I dont think many of you remember but last year he had dismal months mixed in with all-star months. Remember the stretch where he averaged practically 30 pts a game for like 2 weeks?! Thats called a flare of potential. We all know he is far from refined, but there's more basketball to be played, and when he starts to flare his potential again, like i know he is capable of, you guys will all be singing a different tune. Let the kid play, this year is about development as we await 2 highly touted rookies for next year. Demar is a really really good player, and you have to stick through these stretches to develop really really good players into great players. All of you fellow republicans have to settle down, because we react way to quickly to strings of bad/good games. For example the way we are shooting down ED and DD, while giving (all of a sudden) such high respect to Bargnani. Mood swings galore for the lot of you.
          Patience and reasonable expectations do not give people much to talk about - lol.

I agree with your statements. I was tying the noose for DD early last year and he made me happily regret it. I think he'll figure it out. This is a great test for him. There is so much more than on court, statistical performance that he needs to step up and meet the challenge of.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Patience and reasonable expectations do not give people much to talk about - lol.
            I think that outlines our issues as a republic. ahahaha.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think it's too early to hit the panic button. Right now, he's a young guy lost in a change in his role at the offensive end to off-ball scorer. Maybe he can't ever play that way. Like anything else, it takes practice, which they haven't had much of at all this season, and when they do, the emphasis isn't on offense. Adversity builds character, and hopefully has him focused more on his all around game going forward.

Comment

all of you just got enlightened

Comment

Ironically, Barbosa is doing what DD is supposed to be doing. That is, playing without the ball, slashing. Why is DD always standing around on the perimeter on O, when he should be the man in motion? Considering his lack of handles, having him stand around on the perimeter and then dribble his way in has been very frustrating to watch. He cannot create a shot for himself and he cannot deal with double teams or break his man down (due to the lack of a first step combined with handles). Casey needs to keep him in motion, the way Barbosa has and continues to be.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Ironically, Barbosa is doing what DD is supposed to be doing. That is, playing without the ball, slashing. Why is DD always standing around on the perimeter on O, when he should be the man in motion? Considering his lack of handles, having him stand around on the perimeter and then dribble his way in has been very frustrating to watch. He cannot create a shot for himself and he cannot deal with double teams or break his man down (due to the lack of a first step combined with handles). Casey needs to keep him in motion, the way Barbosa has and continues to be.
                    Right on.

Comment

DeRozan is saying the right things

Like the rest of the team, DeRozan has been asked to step up his defensive game under Casey. The Raptors were among the worst teams in the league on the defensive end last season, but this year they are ranked second in opponents’ field goal percentage and eighth in points allowed. The early results are great, but DeRozan admits it’s still a process as the team struggles to put wins on the board.

“It all depends on how focused everybody is and how fast it takes for all the guys to buy into it. It could take 5-10 games or it could take 20-30 games. You just have to keep going at it everyday in practice and keep learning and understand what we need to do and I think it’ll come quick.”

So far, Dwane Casey has been a big hit with his new charges, and he’s showing his team that there’s more to basketball than just scoring.

“He’s a great coach, man,” says DeRozan. “He’s definitely been helping everybody out. We’ve all bought into the defensive side of the game. Everybody knew from last year that we could score, but this year he’s set a new goal for us and that’s the defensive end. He’s definitely been drilling in the importance of defense and I think everybody has been feeling comfortable with it.”

Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

The ultimate selfish play:

go to the hoop weak on offense, whine about 'no-call', lazy defense TWICE resulting in 2 fouls, bitch to the ref for the technical.

Great job, DeMar.

It is tough to stand by you when you're pulling sh!t like that.

Comment

Yeah no kidding. It's getting harder and harder to root and stand behind this guy. Absolutely infuriating.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lost in all this is Ed and GARY FORBES coming to life the past couple games
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't know what happened but have you noticed how much he shies from contact now? It's bordering on Vince (in his final years here) territory. It doesn't help his ball handling is abysmal.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i used to be a huge DeRozan fan(still am) but he is pissing me off. He just isn't trying to get involved, stands there like a f*cking tree. Doesn't try to get open or be aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X