TV Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine wrote: View Post
    Nice! How do u like it? Thats the same panel I'd be getting but bigger.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm loving it. I only watch 4K soccer and NBA on this tv, so I can't tell ya much.. but I was really impressed with picture quality. It's amazing. Price is quite high though so that kinda sucks... overall, I'm happy.

Comment

Yeah i think the price of yours is still around $4,000. The 55" is about $2500 right now and I'm hoping to get it on a black Friday sale. Most reviews say its the best TV for 2017 so figure its worth it.

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
        Hey, I'm looking to get a new TV, but the problem is, I don't know much about them. Anyone have any recommendations on what kind I should get or perhaps any deals you know about anywhere?

What I know so far is that I want it to be a between 40-55", and I hear that on a TV that size it's recommended to get 1080p. From what I've seen, LED-backlit seems to be the best, still, I'm open to any opinions. Price range is pretty flexible, so just tell me your thoughts, and who knows, maybe the thread will help other people too.

Thanks in advance.
        The questions you should ask yourself and then answer for us to help you best:
        1. What am I going to use it for?
        2. What room is it going in, where is it going in the room and what's the distance I plan to sit away from the TV?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          The questions you should ask yourself and then answer for us to help you best:
          1. What am I going to use it for?
          2. What room is it going in, where is it going in the room and what's the distance I plan to sit away from the TV?
          I will be using it for gaming, movies and sports mostly and it will be going in my living room. I think my couch and lazyboy are about 5-7 feet away

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
            I will be using it for gaming, movies and sports mostly and it will be going in my living room. I think my couch and lazyboy are about 5-7 feet away

I am by no means an "expert" in judging TVs but I noticed a couple of points you made and you might want to check this out some more:

1) the distance from a 55" tv you hope to locate yourself may be somewhat less than optimum.

2) if gaming is a large part of your usage...you may want to test this out at a store on the LG Oled or check the specs results in a detailed review of the model re "motion" tests. The CNET site typically do a good job on this.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              I am by no means an "expert" in judging TVs but I noticed a couple of points you made and you might want to check this out some more:

1) the distance from a 55" tv you hope to locate yourself may be somewhat less than optimum.

2) if gaming is a large part of your usage...you may want to test this out at a store on the LG Oled or check the specs results in a detailed review of the model re "motion" tests. The CNET site typically do a good job on this.
              The 2017 oleds are great for gaming. 2016 not so much

Comment

Working...
              X