Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Top 25 Players Under 25 - Which Raptor made the list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider: Top 25 Players Under 25 - Which Raptor made the list?

None.

Durant, Rose, Love, Bynum, Griffin, Westbrook, Monroe, Harden, Irving, Wall, Lawson, Blair, Cousins, Curry, Gallinari, Rubio, Jennings, Conley, McGee, Ibaka, Batum, Thaddeus Young, Evans, Holiday, Brook Lopez

Rough times.

Comment

And none should have made the list. But looking at some of those names and you wonder if they could have indeed fit a Raptor in there...I mean, Thad Young, Blair - it's not like those guys are having seasons that are knocking your socks off. It's like they really reached with some of the names.

Comment

Not much to argue with conviction there - unfortunately.

Blair and McGee are the only 2 that I would question.

Comment

Interesting that Wilson Chandler didn't make that list. But I agree, no Raptor deserves to be in there after the year our young pups have had.

Comment

Chandler probably isn't on the list because he's not an NBA player.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Chandler probably isn't on the list because he's not an NBA player.
              That's exactly why. The beginning of the article explains the parameters. Also, Thaddeus Young, DeJuan Blair and JaVale McGee are better than anyone on the Toronto roster younger than 25. Just be happy that they included Valanciunas in their Future Top 25 Players Under 25 list

Comment

McGee is hilarious
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  None.

Durant, Rose, Love, Bynum, Griffin, Westbrook, Monroe, Harden, Irving, Wall, Lawson, Blair, Cousins, Curry, Gallinari, Rubio, Jennings, Conley, McGee, Ibaka, Batum, Thaddeus Young, Evans, Holiday, Brook Lopez
                  Who would expect us to make the list? It's not like we have any top picks on our team and the guys that we do have were all picked based on their long term potential. Demar is coming along for us and Ed Davis looks like he could be good but let's put this in perspective: they were the 9th and 13th pick in their respective drafts. Those are not spots where you expect to get a franchise player and you are lucky to get even a good player. Most of those guys are top 5 picks, I count 12 without going to check. Expecting Derozen, who was drafted on potential and is still improving and Davis, who missed most of his rookie year and is playing well despite it, to make that list is a little ridiculous.

Jonas will make this list next year, and Demar and Ed may still do something if they can figure out their roles.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    Who would expect us to make the list? It's not like we have any top picks on our team and the guys that we do have were all picked based on their long term potential. Demar is coming along for us and Ed Davis looks like he could be good but let's put this in perspective: they were the 9th and 13th pick in their respective drafts. Those are not spots where you expect to get a franchise player and you are lucky to get even a good player. Most of those guys are top 5 picks, I count 12 without going to check. Expecting Derozen, who was drafted on potential and is still improving and Davis, who missed most of his rookie year and is playing well despite it, to make that list is a little ridiculous.

Jonas will make this list next year, and Demar and Ed may still do something if they can figure out their roles.

Hey man, don't shoot the messenger. I think if DeRozan's upward trajectory from last year had continued, he might have snuck in there.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      McGee is hilarious
                      McGee is awful. I would take anyone on our roster over that tool, did anyone see his "sky hook" last night? Awful.

to paraphrase feherty "hes just got one of those faces you would love to punch over and over again"

Did i mention hes awful?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        Hey man, don't shoot the messenger. I think if DeRozan's upward trajectory from last year had continued, he might have snuck in there.
                        If DeRozan was playing like last season he certainly would be on there. Dude was a 20PPG player in the second half.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                          McGee is awful. I would take anyone on our roster over that tool, did anyone see his "sky hook" last night? Awful.

to paraphrase feherty "hes just got one of those faces you would love to punch over and over again"

Did i mention hes awful?
                          He's some great athleticism (no, not fake athleticism like DeRozan). McGee probably just needs some proper coaching/mentoring to live up to his potential.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post

Did i mention hes awful?
                            I'd dump Amir for McGee in a heart beat.
                            Deadallus

Comment

I never thought I would say this, but this team needs Bargnani's mental toughness "shudder".
                              Deadallus

Comment

Working...
                              X