No announcement yet.

Mock Draft 7.0 - Raptors select.....Dion Waiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If BC, Ed & Co., think he's the best - then i'll be excited to see what he brings.

I would definitely take Waiters over Lamb & maybe Marshall ... but I have Lillard and Austin slightly ahead in my mind.

I'd much, much rather use the pick & another asset to get into the top 5. With Sacto looking to select a big to go with Cousins, a lot of their options would be there at #8 ... Henson, Zeller, Leonard, Sullinger, etc. The top 5 dudes in the draft: Davis, Barnes, MKG, TRob, Beal ... is where the real value lies for us.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Actually, maybe Ed Davis & the #8 would entice the Kings ... Demarcus & Ed would be a load of shot blocking and rebounding.

Since i'm in crazyland, i'll put it as: Ed, #8, JJ, #35 for #5, Tyreke.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Finally got around to watching some footage of Waiters and was left feeling impressed. I'm not sold on his shooting at all, but he can get to the rim in similar fashion to D. Wade. He's really quick, has the ability to mix it up between stutter steps and long strides which helps him get past defenders in the paint and has a certain toughness and swagger/cockiness to him which the Raptors don't have. It's toss up between him and Lillard for me at this point. Lillard is a really good shooter and a "high character" guy as he said of himself and Waiters seems to be more of a penetrating guard that you can give the ball to in crunch time when you need a bucket. I'd be happy with either player I think.

Comment

Waiters could be a headcase though. I can see him clashing with Casey.

Comment

I don't. He's cocky, sure, but all good players are cocky. He clashed with Bonheim (Syracuse coach) his first couple years (most players do, btw) and then started working under his system and excelled. He said himself "I came to Syracuse a boy, I left a man". That's an excellent attitude to have about it all.

I wouldn't worry about his head.

Bonheim is a notorious dickhead too, keep that in mind. Even the Syracuse community can't stand him most of the time.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

My only worry with Waiters is his D. It's been well documented that he isn't that great, though it should be noted hes only ever played zone. In any case, I'm sure Casey can work his magic with him.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Today big names in Raptors workouts - Lamb, Rivers, Barnes and Machado, waiting for the interviews
                (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Cant wait to hear Sleepy Lamb and his upbeat view on events.

Comment

It'd be pretty cool if we got a player in the second round that could actually be useful.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

What position would Waiters play though? I can't see management moving DeMar to the 3 and they seem to like DeMar so I wouldn't expect that he be traded. That only leaves the PG spot and I can't see Waiters fitting into that roll. From the little I've seen he seems to be less of a willing passer than Bayless. It would be a waste to use the pick on a player that would be best served coming off the bench since we're in bad need of starters.

I'm still seeing Lillard as the better fit, but damn it I really like Waiters' ability to get to the hole.

Comment

Instant offense coming off the bench for both guard spots.

If waiters ends up being better than Demar, trade Demar.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The last time we had a .500 season was '07 - '08. I think we need to build our starting roster before we start looking at players coming off the bench in order to get back to some sort of respectablity. I agree that if Waiters is better than DeMar they should trade DeMar, but management seems to be pretty high on him and if Bargnani is any indication they will give DeMar every chance possible to prove himself.

Comment

Waiters at 8 is stupid, i'm sorry but thats just not a good idea at all. He's project out of the lottery and there are better players available that we could pick. I'm all for Lillard or PJ3

Comment

I don't think PJ3 has been scheduled for any private workouts with Toronto. That is about as clear of a sign the Raptors are not looking at him as I can imagine. Sorry, I know you are a big fan of his as am I, but it may not be in the cards...

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                I don't think PJ3 has been scheduled for any private workouts with Toronto. That is about as clear of a sign the Raptors are not looking at him as I can imagine. Sorry, I know you are a big fan of his as am I, but it may not be in the cards...
                                Hasn't scheduled a workout? Or hasn't scheduled a workout yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X