Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors 2011 - 2012 & 2012 - 2013 Team MVP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 2011 - 2012 & 2012 - 2013 Team MVP?

Just for conversation sake, who would you say was the team's MVP for last season and who can you see being the MVP for this upcoming season?

I believe that last year's MVP was DeRozan based on how many games he did play and his points per! I know he had some bad stretches but he did play well for the number of games he did play with the runner up being Jose.

This year I thing Kyle will be the MVP.

Your thoughts?

I'd give JJ the MVP for last year. He averaged over a block and a steal per game, leading the team in both categories. He was our best defender and covered a lot for Jose and Bargs. He was inconsistent on offense with the turnovers and his jump shot but he also had some good moments handling the ball and finishing at the rim with dunks.

Next year, if he can stay healthy, I think Bargs will be our MVP. He's entering his prime and was our best player last year when he played. I think we were all shocked when he hedged those screens hard for the first time in his career. If he can grab one or two more boards a game I think he has a good shot to be an all-star.

Comment

CB4 wrote: View Post
      I'd give JJ the MVP for last year. He averaged over a block and a steal per game, leading the team in both categories. He was our best defender and covered a lot for Jose and Bargs. He was inconsistent on offense with the turnovers and his jump shot but he also had some good moments handling the ball and finishing at the rim with dunks.

Next year, if he can stay healthy, I think Bargs will be our MVP. He's entering his prime and was our best player last year when he played. I think we were all shocked when he hedged those screens hard for the first time in his career. If he can grab one or two more boards a game I think he has a good shot to be an all-star.
      Agreed!

Comment

jose was mvp last year to me. kept the team moving forward and made a horrendous group of offensive players look like just a bad group of offensive players.

this year i want to say bargs is going to be the man who benefits the most with other options on the floor so he will look like he improved a lot and if not bargs then im going to say lowry.

Comment

Last year - Jose

This year - Lowry

Next year - Demar

Comment

Last year: i'd say Jose was the mvp. Man, plays with heart. Bargs woulda been the mvp, but injuries kinda derailed him.

Next year: Bargs will be the team's mvp. He played like a man on fire before he was injured. I think he even withdrew from playing with italy to concentrate on this upcoming season.

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
              Last year: i'd say Jose was the mvp. Man, plays with heart. Bargs woulda been the mvp, but injuries kinda derailed him.

Next year: Bargs will be the team's mvp. He played like a man on fire before he was injured. I think he even withdrew from playing with italy to concentrate on this upcoming season.
              Barg might be if he stays healthy. Is playing for italy this summer?

Comment

DeRozan might break out soon

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                  Barg might be if he stays healthy. Is playing for italy this summer?
                  Nope
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Considering our record and our goals of last season we have shared mvp's in Casey and Butler.

Comment

Jose was easily the MVP last season. If not him, it was Casey.

Next year, all signs point to Lowry.

Comment

Last Year: Jose
                        This Year: Not yet on our roster
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

CB4 wrote: View Post

JJ.... ? JJ!....? Cmon guys. If u can even consider him "OUR" MVP we have a BIG BIG problem. I liked JJ too but C'mon. he has potential but thats it. I sadly say it would have to be Jose Calderon.

Comment

Last season I'll go with Jose. 2nd on the team in minutes played. Led the team in win shares and trailed only Bayless and Bargs in PER. Amir is my runner up, and may even warrent ranking ahead of Jose once you consider Jose's porous D.

This season.. it's gotta be Bargnani, no? He's our best player, and was definitely the best guy in red last season when he's healthy. He showed improved help D and rotations last year, he's bought into the DC system even though he's not a perfect fit, he's always been an under-rated 1 on 1 defender, and he's still option 1 & 2 on O.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
                              This season.. it's gotta be Bargnani, no? He's our best player, and was definitely the best guy in red last season when he's healthy. He showed improved help D and rotations last year, he's bought into the DC system even though he's not a perfect fit, he's always been an under-rated 1 on 1 defender, and he's still option 1 & 2 on O.
                              Not only that, but he was often the best player on either side. I definitely think it going to be Bargnani next season if healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X