Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR's "What Are You Listening To?" Thread (Non-Rap Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• https://youtu.be/lwlogyj7nFE

Comment

• This album is seriously great

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          This album is seriously great

Thanks for the reco, I like this guy. So hard to categorize! It's like Devandra Banhart channeling Peter Gabriel.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Trying to listen/appreciate classical music lately... here are a couple of pieces by Glenn Gould the great Canadian pianist and known as a foremost exponent of Bach.

The first one is done in collaboration with US conductor Leonard Bernstein who gives about a 5 min. talk on musical interpretations of the classics.... followed by Gould performing.

The second one is also quite impressive in the collaboration/timing between the pianist and the orchestra.

Gould as I understand was quite the genius and his raison d'etre it was said was that he played for an audience of one.... himself. He was also a bit of a recluse!

And some soothing and excellent guitar playing .... the first one is a Bach the second Scarlatti and third another Bach on a 11 string guitar.

Comment

Comment

• R.E.S.P.E.C.T Aretha - 1942 - 2018

Comment

• Comment

• AF's singing transcended the civil rights movement as well as the women's equality one.I am not a big R&B fan but she took a lot of "hits" for her "vocal" stance on the above. No puns intended

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.923b135f085b

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          Big, big fan of Mark Knopfler. Dire Straits and Notting Hillbillies are two of my favourite bands.

Comment

• This will be up there in my year-end list:

Comment

• A concert live performance by Lorde. Some good ones in the second half (set list w/timer in the comments section). Just came upon her stuff ... great talent & stage personality/presence.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X