Likes Likes:  194
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: The Boxing Thread

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't really want to see a rematch. I don't want to see another Ricky Hatton like knockout. I thought Fury was out cold in the 12. Gotta give him credit though for standing up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hahahaha, 115-111 ref gave first 4 rounds to Wilder

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's so hard to watch boxing, man. It's an absolute joke.

4. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fury: "There was 10,000 travelling Brits in that arena and I would have caused a riot if I kicked off about the result, I just want to be an ambassador for my country"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Paulie Malignaggi: "This decision is a joke. The judge who scored Wilder winning should never be involved in boxing again."
    Ya, it was a Bullshit judgement. Even with those Knock downs (both of which look like he got him on the back of the head) I still had Fury winning the fight 115-111. Honestly, to see it any differently is a joke. That fight went exactly as I thought it might. Fury won that. Happy to have him back. Would love to see a rematch in Manchester.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 2nd, 2018 at 05:00 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Fury wrote: View Post
    Wtf!! Wilder robbed!
    Wilder dominated that fight. Fury was was just showboating all night.
    LOL What fight were you watching? Tell me, which rounds did you have Wilder actually winning, besides 9 and 12? Fury made Wilder look like an Amateur. With hands as heavy his, I figured Wilder would score some shots, but it's boxing, and knockdowns do not equal a win.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 2nd, 2018 at 05:10 PM.

8. Likes Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    LOL What fight were you watching? Tell me, which rounds did you have Wilder actually winning, besides 9 and 12? Fury made Wilder look like an Amateur. With hands as heavy his, I figured Wilder would score some shots, but it's boxing, and knockdowns do not equal a win.
    LOL. Again, it's not like i'm the only one who has Wilder winning that fight. A lot of the reputable boxing experts has Wilder winning as well. When i say reputable i'm not talking about guys Paulie freakin Malignaggi lol. Dan Rafael has Wilder winning that fight. George Foreman has Wilder winning as well.

Wilder was the more aggressive fighter period. All Fury did was showboat and dodge Wilder's punches.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL. Again, it's not like i'm the only one who has Wilder winning that fight. A lot of the reputable boxing experts has Wilder winning as well. When i say reputable i'm not talking about guys Paulie freakin Malignaggi lol. Dan Rafael has Wilder winning that fight. George Foreman has Wilder winning as well.

Wilder was the more aggressive fighter period. All Fury did was showboat and dodge Wilder's punches.
    Yall are fucking crazy. Wilder looked like me sparring against my friends. Swinging and missing.

11. Likes Joey, Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What rounds though? C'mon man. That's how boxing works right, is by the rounds ... so which rounds?

And Wilder was NOT more aggressive. That is completely false. I'm not sure there is a single metric that would support that. And his windmill punches don't count as "more aggressive". They were completely wild, and pretty much never landed; Wilder didn't have the distance down, even by the end of the fight.

Please also point out who these "reputable boxing experts" are as well that agree with you? Or is it just those 2 people out of millions? Note that both of those guys are American.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3rd, 2018 at 05:20 PM.

13. Likes Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lennox Lewis said Fury won, as did every other comment/tweet that I read.

Paulie was on the broadcast, he was just the first voice we heard to say how insane it was, thats why I mentioned his name.

15. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Lennox Lewis said Fury won, as did every other comment/tweet that I read.
    Teddy Atlas. Floyd Mayweather. Eddie Hearn. GGG. Abel Sanchez. Max Kellerman. Andre Ward. Eddie Chambers. Carl Froch. Dave Coldwell. Frank Bruno. Every respectable Boxing news outlet I've checked. They ALL have Fury beating Wilder, and various degrees out outrage. Mayweather was Furious (no pun intended ).
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3rd, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

17. Likes Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My favourite up-and-comer Josh Kelly is fighting this weekend, and then Canelo is fighting Fielding on the 15th, and those'll both be awesome fights. Won't draw nearly as much attention, but still ... it's a great time to be a boxing fan.

19. Likes rocwell liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All Fury did was showboat and dodge Wilder's punches.
    Also, I just want to make sure you understand that the bolded is actually super important in boxing ... like... it's why it's called "Boxing" and not "Punching People in the Head".
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3rd, 2018 at 06:03 PM.

21. Likes rocwell, Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

23. Likes Mack North, rocwell liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First of all it's great to have the heavyweaight division back. Three ELITE heavyweight fighters in the same era. When was the last time that happened? in the 90's?

Second, and I just want to point this out: The referee gave Fury too much time to recover after Wilder knocked him down in the 12th round. What the hell was that all about?

Anyways, Wilder would knock Fury out if a rematch happens. But what I really want to see is Wilder vs Joshua. From what I saw Saturday night, I think Wilder can beat Joshua.

Bomb Squad!!

25. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First of all it's great to have the heavyweaight division back. Three ELITE heavyweight fighters in the same era. When was the last time that happened? in the 90's?
    Amen. I've been waiting a long time for this type atmosphere in the Heavyweight division.

Second, and I just want to point this out: The referee gave Fury too much time to recover after Wilder knocked him down in the 12th round. What the hell was that all about?
    What do you mean? That was fantastic refereeing. How did he give him too much time? He was on his feet before the count.

Anyways, Wilder would knock Fury out if a rematch happens. But what I really want to see is Wilder vs Joshua. From what I saw Saturday night, I think Wilder can beat Joshua.
    You said that about the first fight! But ya, that's why they fight the fights - to prove you wrong. Haha I don't think Wilder has a shot against AJ. He punches just as hard, and is far more fundamentally sound than Wilder.

27. Likes Fury liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Amen. I've been waiting a long time for this type atmosphere in the Heavyweight division.

What do you mean? That was fantastic refereeing. How did he give him too much time? He was on his feet before the count.

You said that about the first fight! But ya, that's why they fight the fights - to prove you wrong. Haha I don't think Wilder has a shot against AJ. He punches just as hard, and is far more fundamentally sound than Wilder.
    The thing that i love about Wilder is his power carries late. I thought Fury was out cold in the 12th round.

Joshua obviously is the better boxer of the two(also more power than Fury), just like Fury is a better boxer than Wilder. But all Wilder really need is to land ONE clean punch and it's goodnight. If Joshua and Wilder fight each other, Joshua is going to get hit. How is his chin?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Eddie Hearn on people questioning Anthony Joshua: "He's gonna smash them all. Believe me when I say that. He's gonna absolutely destroy Deontay Wilder and I believe he also knocks out Tyson Fury. You will get these fights."

30. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Eddie Hearn on people questioning Anthony Joshua: "He's gonna smash them all. Believe me when I say that. He's gonna absolutely destroy Deontay Wilder and I believe he also knocks out Tyson Fury. You will get these fights."
    Yea great... but when?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lol Eddie Hearn talks a lot of shit. How about you stop ducking Wilder?

Maybe they're planning to pull a Mayweather? fight Wilder when he's past his prime. Just like when Mayweather finally accepted to fight Pacquiao.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information