The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Fully agreed - BUT he does have power, so AJ will still have to be careful.
    Wilder's right hand is a nuclear missile! Haha.

Comment

• Joshua vs Povetkin in September. Maybe Wilder next April.
      https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/07...sep-22-apr-13/

This is the first I'm seeing that Wilder was "only" offered $15M to fight Joshua.

Comment

Joshua vs Povetkin in September. Maybe Wilder next April.
        https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/07...sep-22-apr-13/

This is the first I'm seeing that Wilder was "only" offered $15M to fight Joshua.
        I don't even know Wilder-Joshua figures anymore. One day it's $50, then $30... Now $15m. Lol.

I'll take Povetkin-Joshua fight though. Povetkin is good.

Comment

• Joshua is looking like the new Mayweather. Dude needs to stop ducking Wilder.

Floyd ducked Pacquiao for YEARS. He finally agreed to fight Pacquiao when Pacquiao was past his prime lol. Smart but lame. That's why i'll never put Mayweather in any of the greatest boxer ever list.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder nearly set for December? Well that's a fun development!
            This let's Wilder be the A-Side like he wants, and also allows for the Fury v. Joshua hype to grow even more.

Will be a great fight if it happens. Money on Fury.

Comment

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder nearly set for December? Well that's a fun development!
              This let's Wilder be the A-Side like he wants, and also allows for the Fury v. Joshua hype to grow even more.

Will be a great fight if it happens. Money on Fury.
              Fury isn't any good man. Imo he's the most overrated heavyweight today. He made a name for himself by beating a well past his prime Klitschko lol.

I think Wilder would destroy him if this fight ever happens.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Anyways, favorite boxer today is Errol Spence. Would love to see him fight Crawford in the near future.

Love Lomachenko too. And i heard people talking about a possible Loma vs Crawford/Pacquiao fight. Maybe it's just me, but i think he's too small for Pacquiao and Crawford.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Fury isn't any good man. Imo he's the most overrated heavyweight today. He made a name for himself by beating a well past his prime Klitschko lol.

I think Wilder would destroy him if this fight ever happens.
                  Tough to say if he is still any good, but to say he was never any good is a stretch.

Would also disagree that Wilder would "destroy" him. I think it would be closer than AJ vs Wilder, but Fury has too much technique/skill compared to Wilders zero technique. Wilder just has bombs for hands, but Fury can move better than Heavyweight I've ever seen. Hard to hurt what you can't hit.

Comment

• We'll see

I think Wilder would easily dismantle Fury.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Joshua is looking like the new Mayweather. Dude needs to stop ducking Wilder.
                      Man, Deontay Wilder was paid $2.1M to fight Ortiz. Deontay is NOT the draw that Joshua is, and yet he expects 50-50 split? Bullshit. Wilder is ducking Joshua. Hearn offered him $15M (or more depending on who you listen to) and Wilder turned it down. Who's ducking who?

And honestly, I'd say Povetkin is a better fighter than Wilder in many regards.
                      Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 2, 2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Wilder v Fury is on. The build-up will be fun to watch

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Wilder v Fury is on. The build-up will be fun to watch
                          Still not fully convinced that Wilder will even be able to hit Fury with anything meaningful.
                          Apparently Fury's speed and reflexes looked unharmed from his ballooning and shrinking magic trick he's pulled over the last year+.

Comment

• Anybody interested in Gervonta/Garcia?
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              Anybody interested in Gervonta/Garcia?
                              Big fan of Gervonta Davis. I think he beats Garcia pretty handily, whether it sparring like they say, or an actual fight.

Comment

Big fan of Gervonta Davis. I think he beats Garcia pretty handily, whether it sparring like they say, or an actual fight.
                                I have to agree. I think Garcia needs to be tested a bit more.

Gervonta is a completely different animal than anyone Garcia has faced. He's young and brash, I think he'll be a star -- already is in some aspects, but just needs time to get to star-level fighting imo.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X