Trade deadline 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Eh, I guess they want to pay some extra million dollars in luxury tax, for a mediocre season. Not so much calling it "coming to their senses." Do they still have their amnesty clause, because they could use it on Bargnani during the off-season, than sign a Millsap, or Josh Smith in the off-season.
    No, they can't. Amnestying Bargnani will not get them under the cap enough to sign a major free agent. Not even if they were somehow able to dump Kleiza or convince him not to pick up his option. They'd be stuck with trying to move Bargnani in a sign-and-trade, that's literally the only way they could get one of those guys now.

Comment

• The new GM will amnesty Bargnani first thing.

Comment

• Man, I have to admit that BC was able to fool me again. Just when I think he's FINALLY going to move Bargs, he somehow finds a way to back track and keep him on the roster. Fak, he's a good salesman!

Comment

• I am under the impression that there is NO INTEREST in Bargnani.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Man, I have to admit that BC was able to fool me again. Just when I think he's FINALLY going to move Bargs, he somehow finds a way to back track and keep him on the roster. Fak, he's a good salesman!
            Seriously... but I wouldn't say he is a good salesman.... I'd say he is a good chameleon.

Comment

• I fully believe, that if Memphis had Andrea last night, and we had Davis, we would of won the game. Garbani is useless, and only once we see real PF's in action and real 1st options do we realize the sort of dog shit we have on our hands.

Comment

• i think Bargs gets moved in the summer for Gasol...that is IF D.Howard resigns with Lakers

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  I am under the impression that there is NO INTEREST in Bargnani.
                  Chicago had their pants around their ankles and were ready to take the big Banana just to not pay the tax.

Comment

• ED DAVIS. I WANT YOU BACK.

I might get ripped for saying this, but let's go back to January 30th.

"The Toronto Raptors, have traded Jose Calderon, & Terrence Ross to the Memphis Grizzlies for Rudy Gay, and Hamed Haddadi."

Lowry
                    Derozan
                    Gay
                    Davis
                    Valanciunas

- :| - :/ - - > - >:'O
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      i think Bargs gets moved in the summer for Gasol...that is IF D.Howard resigns with Lakers
                      You are probably correct but for the Ryan Wolstat's of the world preaching of 'poor' Toronto's inability to afford the luxury tax, that certainly adds quite a bit more payroll for next season.

Nevermind the difficulty of making CBA requirements work when Toronto AND LA will both be tax teams.

Oh and nevermind the fact Bargnani has decided to take another steamy dump all over his trade value. 3.8pts and 1.8 rebs last 4 games in 20 minutes. Jesus Christ. The anger. The Rage. The bitter sting of 28 more games.

Comment

• Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ED DAVIS. I WANT YOU BACK.

"The Toronto Raptors, have traded Jose Calderon, & Terrence Ross to the Memphis Grizzlies for Rudy Gay, and Hamed Haddadi."

Lowry
                          Derozan
                          Gay
                          Davis
                          Valanciunas

That's basically the exact same lineup we have right now...only with a stronger bench with Amir.

Still no legit low post threat.

Comment

ED DAVIS. I WANT YOU BACK.

Lowry
                            Derozan
                            Gay
                            Davis
                            Valanciunas

I'm a fan of ED as well, but I think we made the right choice between keeping T. Ross or keeping ED. Note, there hasn't been any mention of either Milsap or Jefferson being traded as yet which means they should be available in the summer should the Raptors want to make a run at either.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Chicago had their pants around their ankles and were ready to take the big Banana just to not pay the tax.
                              the problem with the Boozer deal is it cripples us going forward for a marginal upgrade who is 1 of the few players out there thats even harder to move then Bargs..add in the fact that Boozer will likely trip over his own shoe laces breaking his hand in 3 places before he even gets off the plane in T.O LOL... its just too big a risk for marginal return... id prefer too wait till the summer to move bargs then take Boozer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                You are probably correct but for the Ryan Wolstat's of the world preaching of 'poor' Toronto's inability to afford the luxury tax, that certainly adds quite a bit more payroll for next season.

Nevermind the difficulty of making CBA requirements work when Toronto AND LA will both be tax teams.

Oh and nevermind the fact Bargnani has decided to take another steamy dump all over his trade value. 3.8pts and 1.8 rebs last 4 games in 20 minutes. Jesus Christ. The anger. The Rage. The bitter sting of 28 more games.
                                but at least it only adds $ for next season & nothing beyond that...

Comment

Working...
                                X