Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    That's also why trading Demarre Carrol is being delayed so much. He's our big free agent signing and we want the rest of the league to know that if they sign with the raptors they will have an important role in the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the Raps trade Carroll, I can't see it looking bad on the Raptors. The reason he's traded is because he sucks. It looks bad on Carroll for not living up to his contract.

Comment

• This is what I Think the Raptors should do in the offseason

1) Let Lowry Walk (He will sign with the 76ers)
      2) Let PP Walk (He will sign with a team in the West)
      3) Resign Serge Ibaka to a 5 year 90 million dollar contract (he will be 32-33 when his contract expires)
      4) Resign PJ Tucker to a 2 year 10 million dollar contract
      5) Trade DMC + 1st to Atlanta for Kent Bazemore + 1st round pick (Top 20 protected) + 2nd round pick
      6) Draft Hammidou Diallo and OG Anuoby (if he's available), if not Semi Ojeje
      7) Signs Jeff Teague to a 3 year 33 million dollar deal (he will be 31-32 when his contract expires)
      8) Signs Vince Carter to a vet minimum deal for one year so he can retire as a Raptors

2017-18 Roster
      JTeague/DWright/FVV
      DeRozan/Bazemore/Diallo
      Powell/PJ Tucker/Vince/Anuoby or Ojeje
      Ibaka/Siakam/Tucker
      Val/Poeltl/Bebe

Teague is a downgrade over Lowry but his young and can be a decent point guard

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        This is what I Think the Raptors should do in the offseason

3) Resign Serge Ibaka to a 5 year 90 million dollar contract (he will be 32-33 when his contract expires)
        5) Trade DMC + 1st to Atlanta for Kent Bazemore + 1st round pick (Top 20 protected) + 2nd round pick
        7) Signs Jeff Teague to a 3 year 33 million dollar deal (he will be 31-32 when his contract expires)
        8) Signs Vince Carter to a vet minimum deal for one year so he can retire as a Raptors

2017-18 Roster
        JTeague/DWright/FVV
        DeRozan/Bazemore/Diallo
        Ibaka/Siakam/Tucker
        Val/Poeltl/Bebe

I just barfed in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2017-18 Roster
          JTeague/DWright/FVV
          DeRozan/Bazemore/Diallo
          Ibaka/Siakam/Tucker
          Val/Poeltl/Bebe

We missed you, bud.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            We missed you, bud.

We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Guys, if we weren't so loyal to AB for all those years then our reputation around the league could have really taken a hit. If we didn't hold onto him we may have never witnessed to those 20 some odd games that one season when he really fulfilled the promise we all saw in him.

But seriously, there is reason to show some loyalty to players. None of the top players that Dallas keeps targeting in the off season wants to sign with them after Cuban blew up a championship team. I'd be surprised of any want to sign with Miami after they screwed Wade.

Comment

2017-18 Roster
                JTeague/DWright/FVV
                DeRozan/Bazemore/Diallo
                Ibaka/Siakam/Tucker
                Val/Poeltl/Bebe

Comment

• Do not let DanH read that post lol. His head will tell him it's not worth a reply, but his heart will tell a different story and his fingers will start involuntarily typing and ripping it to shreds

Comment

2017-18 Roster
                    JTeague/DWright/FVV
                    DeRozan/Bazemore/Diallo
                    Ibaka/Siakam/Tucker
                    Val/Poeltl/Bebe

I'm not sure what everyone's on about, this is actually mostly sensible.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure what everyone's on about, this is actually mostly sensible.

Not sure if serious

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Not sure if serious
                        I mean, the meat of it is:

- Let Lowry leave, and find a suitable replacement (a difficult decision that will need to be addressed).

- Resign Ibaka and/or Tucker? Important decisions.

- What to do with Carroll (sure, the deal he proposed is one-sided, but not entirely unfathomable).

The rest isn't very consequential.

Overall, it's not like what's there is totally insane. Certainly not like others that I've seen.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          The Lakers decision to postpone their rebuild into order to have a full year of meaningless Kobe Retirement Tour, was maddening. I would've blown a gasket if I were a Lakers fan. This is what happens when "loyalty" trumps winning.
                          Might have been crappy from a fan perspective, but if you're an elite free agent and you've got a choice between LA and New York, I think you might take into account the way LA handled Kobe and how New York is handling Carmelo. I don't think loyalty trumps winning, or money, or even market. But it does matter, particularly to that elite tier who really want to establish their legacy as a player.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Only way to get Millsap would be through a S&T... and from all reports during the trade deadline, Atlanta (ie, Bud) really wants Millsap back. So trading for him is just not in the cards.

But I do agree.. Millsap/Ibaka would be awesome.
                            I wouldn't go as far to say that.

Coach Bud seems to have a close personal relationship with most of his players. It's glaringly apparent that the Hawks aren't contending now or in the near future nor do they appear to be willing to spend. While I'm aware they like to tread water the reality is in 2-3 years Millsap will be washed up. If Paul were to have a conversation with Bud and say that he would like to take one last run at a ring but didn't want to leave the franchise high n dry then I'm sure Bud would be willing to do a S&T.

If we offered them JV + Corey + filler + couple of 2nd rdrs, that's a pretty good haul for a player who could have easily just walked on them and then they have younger players to remain with the franchise for a longer period and keep themselves nice & mediocre the way they like it. I don't wanna hear about Howard because he is a 1-2 years from being washed up and I'm sure if the Hawks just talked to Phil Jackson, Nets or some other awful franchise they would bite and ATL could finally move on. Alternatively another franchise with cap space (ie/ PHI) may be willing to help execute a S&T to add young vets like Corey & JV so it's far from being definitely "not in the cards", just sayin'.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              Might have been crappy from a fan perspective, but if you're an elite free agent and you've got a choice between LA and New York, I think you might take into account the way LA handled Kobe and how New York is handling Carmelo. I don't think loyalty trumps winning, or money, or even market. But it does matter, particularly to that elite tier who really want to establish their legacy as a player.
                              This is just my opinion, but I think ownership and team history have a lot more to do with it, than anything else.

Are the Knicks considered desireable to anyone even before the Melo drama? Outside of the bright lights of NYC, there's nothing appealing about that organization. Shitty ownership, shitty coaching, shitty system, shitty development, shitty plan.

The Lakers, on the other hand, have drafted well, and have shown a commitment to winning.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I mean, the meat of it is:

- Let Lowry leave, and find a suitable replacement (a difficult decision that will need to be addressed).

- Resign Ibaka and/or Tucker? Important decisions.

- What to do with Carroll (sure, the deal he proposed is one-sided, but not entirely unfathomable).

The rest isn't very consequential.

Overall, it's not like what's there is totally insane. Certainly not like others that I've seen.
                                I resisted the initial post (yay, me!) but I can't with this.

So, replace Lowry, yes? With what cap room? You think we can clear cap room to sign Teague to a contract (and LOL at Teague taking 11M per year for three years in this market)? If we are re-signing Tucker and Ibaka, their cap holds have to be on the cap - meaning the salary commitment (Carroll for Bazemore is pretty close to even) is about 108M - well above the cap. So we have zero cap space, even with Patterson and Lowry walking. And it's a good thing it would just be their cap holds, because the contract values for Ibaka and Tucker in that post are ludicrous. Less than 20M per year for Ibaka? 5M per year for Tucker? Madness.

So, plan here is to replace Lowry with a far inferior player at a price tag he'd never sign for, with cap space we don't have, let Pat walk and effectively replace him with Ibaka, at a price tag he'll never sign for, and Tucker, at a price tag he'll never sign for, trade Carroll for essentially a Carroll clone at a higher price tag, and sign Vince Carter to a minimum deal to retire as a Raptor. Sensible is exactly the word I would use.

Gah!
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X