Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Demo Shift thinks the only way to be a real fan is to be a homer.

If anything homers are the worst kind of fans, because they don't put any pressure on the organization to improve. "ZOMG Boston is trash, we're so much better". Cool then, just stand pat and don't do anything.
    oh i know i lurk here all the time, just rarely get involved. i just had to say something about the process taking a decade thing

Comment

If anything homers are the worst kind of fans, because they don't put any pressure on the organization to improve. "ZOMG Boston is trash, we're so much better". Cool then, just stand pat and don't do anything.
      You actually believe this crock of shit you just spewed? You're obviously not a "homer". What pressure are you putting on the organization to improve? Here's a reality check - what you think means sweet fuck all to Masai, the Toronto Raptors and MLSE.

Homers are the best fans actually. They are most likely to buy tickets to games or watch on TV whether the team is winning or losing.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        it is possible to be a fan of the raptors while still being envious of other teams in clearly better situations. doesn’t make one not a fan.
        yes it is..but then it’s hard to tell which side of your mouth your talking out of on any given day

chris wrote: View Post
        which was essentially collusion by the league and the remaining owners to put a stop to a strategy that was obviously working because they didn’t want to see it repeated.

philly took advantage of the system to unprecedented success in terms of stockpiling assets. not all the picks panned out, but the strategy undeniably worked. (of course it did. the system ensures it). and if i were a philly fan i’d be fucking furious to be stuck with bryan colangelo, who’s already fucked it all up for them by trading that lakers/sacramento pick for a kid with a bum shoulder and confidence issues (whom, it turns out, they could have picked without coughing up the first because boston was taking tatum regardless).
        Phillys business partners had their employee, the commissioner, step in and have the Philly owner whack Hinkie. Which he did without remorse by bringing in Colangelo senior . It’s one thing to be lousy by design to draft a couple of players who will help your situation....it’s another to be so bad for so long as to cost your partners money by being a bad gate draw and wondering aloud if their is anyone of competence making decisions. Nary a tear was shed for the end of the process by the leagues office and owners.

BC has his warts but he has been exec of the year twice. Hinkie May never work again in the NBA.

“The process” is and was little more than a slogan for the suckers to take their eyes away from poor ownership, bad management and a shitty product. It was so poorly executed that it cost Hinkie his job.

Has the strategy worked ? All those picks and all that cap space in year 5 has them projected as a 6 to 8 range playoff team. High price to pay... but if it’s some else’s money and not yours it’s easy to get behind.

chris wrote: View Post
        so if you were starting a team from scratch today, you’d take lebron's age 32 to 42 seasons, or the 29 to 39 season’s for curry and durant? i’ll take giannis’ 22 to 32, simmons’ 21 to 31, or embiid’s 23 to 33 thanks. we only have all of nba history to tell us the latter are the safer bet. minus kareem abdul-jabbar, maybe, but his 20's were still better than his 30's.
        maybe we should could consider high school freshman and sophomores in the fantasy draft as well....
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:34 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Homers are the true definition of fans and I am an unashamed top of my lungs unconditional homer cheering for the team of my choice at the expense of others. All the others can suck canal water. Thanks for the backhanded and clearly unintentional compliment of being that kind of a fan.

It’s hard to tell if your pro Chowderheads or anti Raptors or pro Raptors but just want people to love the Chowderheads..

In any permutation ...knock yourself out...cheer for whomever you want and maybe consider that your quest to make most folks on a raptor fan board switch allegiances and cheer for the Chowderheads is eerily similar to the quest of a Jehovas Witness team knocking at the door on a Sunday afternoon hoping their message will convert the unbelievers on the spot. It doesn’t.

Just so ya know...and for abject clarity.....just like the JWs at my door .....

today... tomorrow and in 10 years from now #fuckboston.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:33 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

• Lmao my quest isn't to make anyone cheer for the Chowderheads.

My quest is for people to live in reality and look for ways to have success within that reality.

So yeah, in the spirit of homerism you can pretend that a now 20-4 Celtics team is "trash". Or you can acknowledge they're good and a real threat to us and start thinking about how we're going to be able to beat them.

Comment

• We're going to beat them by being the superior team, which we are. No one who called them trash thought they'd be unable to rack up regular season wins (not to this degree, and not the way they have, but it's early yet). They should be an easy out in the playoffs. Wouldn't shock me if they managed to crap the bed in the first round again.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                We're going to beat them by being the superior team, which we are. No one who called them trash thought they'd be unable to rack up regular season wins (not to this degree, and not the way they have, but it's early yet). They should be an easy out in the playoffs. Wouldn't shock me if they managed to crap the bed in the first round again.
                This is just another cop out response. Again I'm kind of just getting tired of reading these kind of posts at this point.

Comment

Lmao my quest isn't to make anyone cheer for the Chowderheads.

My quest is for people to live in reality and look for ways to have success within that reality.

So yeah, in the spirit of homerism you can pretend that a now 20-4 Celtics team is "trash". Or you can acknowledge they're good and a real threat to us and start thinking about how we're going to be able to beat them.
                  Living in reality is realizing no matter how much (or how little) we do, it makes absolutely no difference.

One can A) mindlessly enjoy what we have.

Or B) go all obsessive compulsive thinking of all the ways the team could improve it's situation. Then argue ad nauseum on every fan board and comment section in existence.

Guess what? Both A) and B) will yield exactly the same results. Not arguing for either either of those extremes, just pointing out reality.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I voted for Boston but I'm pondering whether it might really be Cleveland that is overrated; though of course they are still most likely to win the east. If you look at their team stats one realizes to what extent they are a one man team. Lebron does everything for them with only Kevin Love contributing much else at this point. Lebron is also racking up 37 minutes a game. He has been remarkably injury free in his career and if this year continues as it has one might seriously have to start considering him for GOAT. However.....I think it quite likely that he'll begin to wear down and with the mileage on his legs an injury grows increasingly likely. The return of Isaiah Thomas will also be of great interest. I know he is an explosive scorer but he is no help to them defensively and I don't see how he and Lebron will be very compatible. So while still an obvious choice to win the east.....I don't think they are a sure thing at all and I see the Raptors as the most likely to beat them now that we have two young guys who potentially could guard Lebron or at least wear him down

Comment

• The Cavs with Thomas are likely to be pretty different than they are now, so we'll have to wait and see on that front.

That said, they have LeBron, so they're going to the Finals lol
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        The Cavs with Thomas are likely to be pretty different than they are now, so we'll have to wait and see on that front.

That said, they have LeBron, so they're going to the Finals lol
                        With Lebron showing right now that he is clearly still peak Lebron, can anybody in the East beat him yet? At this point I would still say no.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Detroit might be the overrated team. Our starting 5, since OG was inserted, has a -1.8 NET rating despite all the flaws people keep pointing out. Pistons starting 5 are -6.1 NET rating.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...er_by=diff_pts

Comment

Lmao my quest isn't to make anyone cheer for the Chowderheads.

A noble thought and gesture indeed....but it has as much chance of happening as me waking up tomorrow and campaigning to have Common Law replaced by Sharia Law.

Raps and the Lebrons are but three back in the loss column with about 60 to play ...It’s a looooooong season. Lepraturds will either come back to ...or the Raps and Lebrons will catch up to them ....as Boston reverts to the mean over the next weeks.

Of interest ...The Chowders are an impressive 7 and 0 against the vaunted west..but 6 of those wins have come at home. The western road trips have a way of humbling teams. Boston has yet to pack their bags for that sobering experience.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 3, 2017, 09:59 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

This is just another cop out response. Again I'm kind of just getting tired of reading these kind of posts at this point.
                              Dan has been unwavering on his view since August...if your tired of reading about it ...read something else.

If I don’t like the food or the service in a restaurant I just don’t go back.

You seem to be intent upon going back to the same restaurant, experiencing the same issues over and over again and saying your tired of it. Yet back you go.

This restaurant serves up a lot of Boston sucks. It’s a staple that’s unlikely to be off the menu soon.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Dan has been unwavering on his view since August...if your tired of reading about it ...read something else.

If I don’t like the food or the service in a restaurant I just don’t go back.

You seem to be intent upon going back to the same restaurant, experiencing the same issues over and over again and saying your tired of it. Yet back you go.

This restaurant serves up a lot of Boston sucks. It’s a staple that’s unlikely to be off the menu soon.
                                Welcome to my ignore list, not like you provide anything productive when you post anyway. Other than jinxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X