Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love reading the rumour the knicks are taking calls on Oquinn, Lee, and Noah. Aint nobody calling you for Noah lol
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Cody you too!! Set your lineups People!

Have thought long and hard about this ... we could look into reduction in Cap Years available; could be Reduction in Free Agency Money; Drop in position on next available Pick to your Team; not sure, but we have options if this becomes an issue.

Please don't let it come to that. It literally takes me under a minute to set my lineups for the week with either the App or the Website.
      Joining the convo late but wanted to share a thought on this. For all the reasons mentioned, draft stock is tricky since the picks get traded and could include protection. I would say a 3 prong penalty that includes loss of DPE status on the pick, a cap penalty for the length of that picked players years, and the loss of a resign slot in a given year (not necessarily the same year but one randomly assigned after the fact to prevent anyone from being able to strategically plan for it - maybe it’s this year, maybe 2 or 3 years but any tanker won’t know which year at the time and Lady Luck could be a bitch and take the year 2 stars are up for resign).

While this may sound harsh, I don’t believe we have a huge issue in this league but we should have a predefined response. The nice thing about this strategy is that if the owner leaves, some (or all) of the penalties could be reduced or removed so as to not penalize new owners.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Guys, set your lineups already. Axel has taken the gloves off. Ouch. I'm setting mine for the next five years!

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          While this may sound harsh, I don’t believe we have a huge issue in this league but we should have a predefined response. The nice thing about this strategy is that if the owner leaves, some (or all) of the penalties could be reduced or removed so as to not penalize new owners.
          I took over a steaming turd with the exception for three guys and they were yet established. If I faced penalties on top of that I probably would have said "pass". I think its a great idea to make the penalties tied to the owner and not the team.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            my thoughts too

Comment

• fuck you koncept. i had a bid in for fred also. good signing.

i see that koncept also bid 0. what decides that tie? does it go to first come first serve?

Comment

• Couple things on the recent discussions that I seem to have sparked:
                - Agree it's not a major issue currently; but is always on my radar and I am always running random spot checks on peoples rosters. I'm not interested in one off misses; I look for consistent and maintained patterns of abuse.
                - Disciplinary measures would of course not carry over to any potential new/incoming managers.
                - Not looking to tweak the Lottery. NBA is already doing it for us next year.
                - I did say "next pick available to your team", understanding that Picks get traded; not ideal, but we could figure something out.
                - Agree further restrictions probably need to be placed on new/incoming managers, so as to protect them from themselves, and the ruthless sharks that exist in this league.
                - No changes will be made until at least next season, if at all. I will continue to monitor the situation.
                - Would likely work as a 3-strikes system, but again, open to discussion.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  fuck you koncept. i had a bid in for fred also. good signing.

i see that koncept also bid 0. what decides that tie? does it go to first come first serve?
                  WW priority. It still exists in a FAAB system, it just doesn't come up until you enter this sort of situation.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    WW priority. It still exists in a FAAB system, it just doesn't come up until you enter this sort of situation.
                    thanks

Comment

Couple things on the recent discussions that I seem to have sparked:
                      - Agree it's not a major issue currently; but is always on my radar and I am always running random spot checks on peoples rosters. I'm not interested in one off misses; I look for consistent and maintained patterns of abuse.
                      - Disciplinary measures would of course not carry over to any potential new/incoming managers.
                      - Not looking to tweak the Lottery. NBA is already doing it for us next year.
                      - I did say "next pick available to your team", understanding that Picks get traded; not ideal, but we could figure something out.
                      - Agree further restrictions probably need to be placed on new/incoming managers, so as to protect them from themselves, and the ruthless sharks that exist in this league.
                      - No changes will be made until at least next season, if at all. I will continue to monitor the situation.
                      - Would likely work as a 3-strikes system, but again, open to discussion.
                      mostly agree. I used 3 strikes as an example. i think that, like apollo said, not all not set line ups are equal, and like you said you are watching, so i don't think 3 strikes is efficient. i think if you notice it on a (bottom 5 team) you send a pm, even on first offense, followed by ever stricter punishments.

as long as we can maintain ownership, i think the problem will solve itself. i think that a policy of new owner's not being able to accept trade offers until the first off season or something along those lines is a good policy. they would have the two week(maybe push that to a month) to get a feel for the league, and then they could propose trades, but the sharks wouldn't be able to offer lowballs.

Comment

i think that a policy of new owner's not being able to accept trade offers until the first off season or something along those lines is a good policy. they would have the two week(maybe push that to a month) to get a feel for the league, and then they could propose trades, but the sharks wouldn't be able to offer lowballs.
                        And here I found a two week moratorium when I came back to be brutal.

Another idea is to do league vote on all trades with first year owners. I mean not all owners are as effective as others, experience plays a role. If they can line up a deal that improves their team then why not let them if the league agrees? No harm then and everyone is happy except the guy who has to wait longer than normal for a trade to go through.

Also, sharks can low ball at anytime. Not just year one and not to mention what is a low ball offer is subjective and the Dynasty rules skews values in some cases very significantly when compared to re-draft.

Comment

• clarkson and nance jr to cavs

Comment

• sorry Miek, i can tell you though FVV is glad to be part of a winning organization !
                            HEYO!
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

clarkson and nance jr to cavs
                              For IT?!?! Holy Shit ... my jaw was basically on the floor reading that one.

Optimistic this will have a good fantasy impact on Nance though.

Comment

For IT?!?! Holy Shit ... my jaw was basically on the floor reading that one.

Optimistic this will have a good fantasy impact on Nance though.
                                nance receiving lobs from lebron. nice fg% bump. thomas must have been locker room cancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X