No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, (heard it said by ???? during yesterday's broadcast) but apparently Fred does his own film sessions with the second unit. Can't say how unusual that is, but I can't remember hearing that of other players.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, (heard it said by ???? during yesterday's broadcast) but apparently Fred does his own film sessions with the second unit. Can't say how unusual that is, but I can't remember hearing that of other players.
      I really feel like one of the biggest reasons for the bench's success is that they (especially the younger guys) all seem to genuinely like each other, and like playing together and pushing each other forward
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• gorapsgo wrote: View Post
        Couldn't agree more.

The starters are currently learning how you run a ball movement offence from Fred VanVleet. Need him around to continue to tutor Kyle and DeMar, not to mention the fact that the second unit minus VanVleet is useless. He makes that whole thing go, and if you want those young guys to continue to perform you need Fred there. Nobody on the team plays harder than Fred.

3rd highest Net Rating in the NBA!!!

Let's see how he does in the playoffs. My money is on him being this year's Norm.
        I'm not sure about that...FVV was struggling early in the season...wasn't shooting as well and definitely wasn't passing as well as he is now. But he has been amazing the last 3 months or so. Gotta give the guy credit, someone most expected to play very little this season has evolved into the 3rd or 4th most important player on the team.

Comment

Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, (heard it said by ???? during yesterday's broadcast) but apparently Fred does his own film sessions with the second unit. Can't say how unusual that is, but I can't remember hearing that of other players.
          What does that mean, exactly? That he conducts the film sessions himself, without any coaches involvement? If so, pretty impressive that he has such a strong work ethic instilled already.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            What does that mean, exactly? That he conducts the film sessions himself, without any coaches involvement? If so, pretty impressive that he has such a strong work ethic instilled already.
            Impressive, but I doubt it's without any coaches involvement. Can't have the players coaching themselves

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              That's certainly what it sounded like.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Impressive, but I doubt it's without any coaches involvement. Can't have the players coaching themselves
                Film sessions aren't for redesigning things. The coaches give the instruction and the players are expected to execute. I don't see why players can't go over film to see where breakdowns in execution occurred.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I don't think it's any different than a player staying late and putting up shots on his own (without coaches).

Shots = physical game.
                  Film sessions = mental game.

I suppose it's possible to work on either with or without coaches.

Comment

• FVV...Casey's heir!

Comment

Film sessions aren't for redesigning things. The coaches give the instruction and the players are expected to execute. I don't see why players can't go over film to see where breakdowns in execution occurred.
                      It's great that the young players look up to FVV as the vet on the unit and listen to him. It's not that there is something wrong with it, but the coaches have to really trust FVV that he's correcting those breakdowns in line with the system they are running. Players sometimes see things differently than coaches do.

Comment

• VV snubbed again. What a fuckin joke. Fox is the bigger name so i guess he's the better player smh.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just throw the Raptors' young guys out there and have them play as a third team
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Good, keep that disrespected chip on their shoulder (not that I think FFV would really care that much, but I think that second unit and the whole team can add this to the ways in which the rest of the NBA doesn't respect them).

Comment

• The reason Fred didn't make it is because Fox has more PPG. That's the only stat those guys look at for this game:
                                http://bkref.com/tiny/k9fSs

LeVert would have probably made it over Fox but he's injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X