This team isn't going to the finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    No, but there's also no actual evidence of foul calls changing in the playoffs.
    Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that Kyle and DeMar's FTA/100 dropped the last 2 years in the playoffs, compared to their regular season. Compare that with Lebron - whose FTA/100 either maintain regular season rates, or may go up slightly in the playoffs.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      jesus can we just delete dumb posts like these?
      Why ?
      try to refute the post instead of saying what said.
      The post carries a great deal of right points.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that Kyle and DeMar's FTA/100 dropped the last 2 years in the playoffs, compared to their regular season. Compare that with Lebron - whose FTA/100 either maintain regular season rates, or may go up slightly in the playoffs.
        I've tried to find a pattern in FTA/100, FTr, etc, for various stars. I can't. There's no league wide uptick for star players. Casey's system was too easy to defend, is the only conclusion I could draw.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I've tried to find a pattern in FTA/100, FTr, etc, for various stars. I can't. There's no league wide uptick for star players. Casey's system was too easy to defend, is the only conclusion I could draw.
          But if other stars maintain their FTr and our stars down-tick, then that's just as problematic. Casey's system, for sure, was a culprit in the past (hence culture re-set), but there could also be a dis-respect issue for our stars vs other stars. Positive thing is that we don't depend on FTs as much this regular season, but if Kyle and DeMar revert under pressure, then our margin for error shrinks drastically. 1 or 2 bogus FT calls the wrong way in a single game could decide the series.

Comment

I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink
              Congrats.... this one's joining my group of quotes in my signature.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

From that ESPN article;

Toronto Raptors | Projected wins: 59.3 | Most likely seed: No. 1 (98.2 percent)

Most likely playoff opponent: Bucks

The Raptors are the overwhelming favorites to get the No. 1 seed. You might think they would have little to fight for, but you'd be wrong. They're expected to have almost the same number of wins as the Warriors.

Given the Warriors' recent playoff dominance plus Boston's and Cleveland's current weaknesses, a Raptors-Warriors finals matchup seems comparatively likely, so grabbing that leaguewide No. 2 seed might prove valuable in the end.
                Might be the nicest thing anybody's ever said ... Sniff*** about my team.

Comment

Here's a clear look of our schedule over the past month.... IMO, it's very condensed.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:

Comment

But if other stars maintain their FTr and our stars down-tick, then that's just as problematic. Casey's system, for sure, was a culprit in the past (hence culture re-set), but there could also be a dis-respect issue for our stars vs other stars. Positive thing is that we don't depend on FTs as much this regular season, but if Kyle and DeMar revert under pressure, then our margin for error shrinks drastically. 1 or 2 bogus FT calls the wrong way in a single game could decide the series.
                    DeRozan and Lowry having issues is entirely a separate conversation from the one we were having, about the bench being effective in the playoffs.

Absolutely of the stars revert to the old system there will be issues. This is known.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DeRozan and Lowry having issues is entirely a separate conversation from the one we were having, about the bench being effective in the playoffs.

Absolutely of the stars revert to the old system there will be issues. This is known.
                      I can't wait for your piece on the bench and how you think they'll perform in the playoffs.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

My opinion on the team has been the same as it was at the beginning of the season. We're going to lose to Cavs in 5 or 6. There's just no way present day Lebron is losing to an East team.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                          I can't wait for your piece on the bench and how you think they'll perform in the playoffs.
                          Spoiler alert: very well. And even if they don’t, the fix is super easy.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You have a plan to kidnap Casey, right?

Comment

lol good to hear. And I'm assuming the fix is keep one of either Demar or Kyle on the floor at all times? And probably to let JV get some run with the bench at times?
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

You have a plan to kidnap Casey, right?
                                LOL that's the only thing. Casey waits way too long to make adjustments. Other than demar and Kyle not playing well that may be one of the other big reasons why we struggle to get by in the first and second rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X