Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As mentioned before im not usually into players making personnel decisions but in this case if kawhi wants butler - fine. If he doesnt - fine.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I'm sure I don't need to but just wanted to re-iterate just how much better the Raptors will be if they consistently start JV over Serge.
      Couldn't agree more
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• When that d clamped down nets didnt miss shots - they couldnt even get them off. As Green mentioned that D is really going to help the offense

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          This, Jimmy is a dawg! Who just wants to compete and win. Can play on my team anyday. The only players looking worse in my eyes are Wiggins and Kat
          Butler for JV 😄

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            This, Jimmy is a dawg! Who just wants to compete and win. Can play on my team anyday. The only players looking worse in my eyes are Wiggins and Kat
            Wiggins and KAT = soft.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Honestly not sure what was wrong with Kyle yesterday. Was pretty close to the court and he was pissed off from the opening tip-off. Wasn't surprised at all that a little missed call got him so angry that he got double T'd

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Honestly not sure what was wrong with Kyle yesterday. Was pretty close to the court and he was pissed off from the opening tip-off. Wasn't surprised at all that a little missed call got him so angry that he got double T'd
                If Lowry channels all that ornery-ness into kicking ass on the court (e.g. like Jimmy Butler), then I'm fine with it. When that prickly attitude throws him off his game, like last night, then it's a detriment.

Comment

• He has played angry ALL preseason. I think i know why.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Icethis wrote: View Post
                    Is a full box score available somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    https://stats.nba.com/game/0011800060/
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      If Lowry channels all that ornery-ness into kicking ass on the court (e.g. like Jimmy Butler), then I'm fine with it. When that prickly attitude throws him off his game, like last night, then it's a detriment.
                      It's another reason why starting Serge at C is super dumb. When the offence devolves into isolation crap and the guards having to force looks inside, and a few fouls don't get called, and suddenly you've got frustrated players (one in particular).

The concept of starting Ibaka seems to be the belief that Lowry and Leonard can just make offence happen, while the bench needs JV's scoring and screening more - but that's hard on them and I'd rather make the game easy for our stats than hard.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yeah, but they have to play a lot slower on offence with JV at C. And on defence I noticed Ibaka is a lot more vocal and is constantly communicating/instructing his guys during defensive possessions. Obviously Ibaka is more mobile as well and can challenge and recover better. He's not nearly as good a rebounder as JV, and isnt the same defensive presence in the post. Two very different looks at C.

JV has got to start tonight right?

Comment

• That defense in that 3rd quarter was on point. And it doesn't seem to matter who the center is. JV was there for the first big run.. and Serge came in after. I am so happy that we finally got to see some lock down defense from our crew. Brooklyn had no answer.

Kawhi is still finding his legs. Missed a dunk, short on a lot of shots.. hopefully he just needs more time.

Danny Green was really great. His shooting was nice to see, but it was more his impact on defense. He was fully engaged. I think he racked up 4 or 5 steals. It's too bad he didn't save some of this for the regular season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, but they have to play a lot slower on offence with JV at C. And on defence I noticed Ibaka is a lot more vocal and is constantly communicating/instructing his guys during defensive possessions. Obviously Ibaka is more mobile as well and can challenge and recover better. He's not nearly as good a rebounder as JV, and isnt the same defensive presence in the post. Two very different looks at C.

JV has got to start tonight right?
                            JV might not play at all tonight, many of the regulars won't be playing at all.

See, I don't think Ibaka being more mobile and able to recover better is a given any more. He drops down in PnR coverage just as often, leaves huge gaps just like JV does on ball handlers coming off screens...

Also, they don't have to play a lot slower on offence with JV. They CAN play slower - a half court set is not a lost cause with JV out there. While with Serge they may as well just jack the best transition shot they can get, even if that's contested threes from Green, Kawhi or Lowry.

I can't speak to how communicative the two are, but there seemed to be way more miscommunications and mixups with coverage and after whistle discussions between defenders while Ibaka was out there. And ultimately their worst stretches of defensive basketball in that game.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Honestly not sure what was wrong with Kyle yesterday. Was pretty close to the court and he was pissed off from the opening tip-off. Wasn't surprised at all that a little missed call got him so angry that he got double T'd
                              Maybe somebody pissed in his corn flakes.

I've been there. Makes you grumpy all day. Also could have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. That's another one that effects the whole day.

Can we stop playing dr. Phil with every Lowry eye roll and head shake?
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                JV might not play at all tonight, many of the regulars won't be playing at all.

See, I don't think Ibaka being more mobile and able to recover better is a given any more. He drops down in PnR coverage just as often, leaves huge gaps just like JV does on ball handlers coming off screens...

Also, they don't have to play a lot slower on offence with JV. They CAN play slower - a half court set is not a lost cause with JV out there. While with Serge they may as well just jack the best transition shot they can get, even if that's contested threes from Green, Kawhi or Lowry.

I can't speak to how communicative the two are, but there seemed to be way more miscommunications and mixups with coverage and after whistle discussions between defenders while Ibaka was out there. And ultimately their worst stretches of defensive basketball in that game.
                                Might make for an ugly game today if the regular rotation guys aren't in.

I disagree a bit on the way the two drop back on PnR coverage. The gap is bigger with JV, and he doesn't have the ability to contest in the mid range like Ibaka does. Neither guy is fantastic but JV seemingly seems to always gets exposed on those plays where as Ibaka seems to hold his own a bit better.

They do have to play slower on offence when they run plays for JV though. His post moves are old school. Lots of pumps, and backing defenders down. He's super effective though so a good weapon to have. And when they aren't running a play for him he's on the perimeter and Rap's are playing 4 on 5. JV has to start taking those open 3's without hesitation and hit them. They were dating him all night to take it.

It was OG's first game back so a bit of miscommunication in the first half. But I have to say for at least this one game I thought Serge at C was not a bad look at all. Other than a few rebounds he let get away from him I thought he was solid on D.

Comment

Working...
                                X