No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really want to see a rematch. I don't want to see another Ricky Hatton like knockout. I thought Fury was out cold in the 12. Gotta give him credit though for standing up.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hahahaha, 115-111 ref gave first 4 rounds to Wilder

Comment

• It's so hard to watch boxing, man. It's an absolute joke.

Comment

• Fury: "There was 10,000 travelling Brits in that arena and I would have caused a riot if I kicked off about the result, I just want to be an ambassador for my country"

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Paulie Malignaggi: "This decision is a joke. The judge who scored Wilder winning should never be involved in boxing again."
            Ya, it was a Bullshit judgement. Even with those Knock downs (both of which look like he got him on the back of the head) I still had Fury winning the fight 115-111. Honestly, to see it any differently is a joke. That fight went exactly as I thought it might. Fury won that. Happy to have him back. Would love to see a rematch in Manchester.
            Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 2, 2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
              Wtf!! Wilder robbed!
              Fury wrote: View Post
              Wilder dominated that fight. Fury was was just showboating all night.
              LOL What fight were you watching? Tell me, which rounds did you have Wilder actually winning, besides 9 and 12? Fury made Wilder look like an Amateur. With hands as heavy his, I figured Wilder would score some shots, but it's boxing, and knockdowns do not equal a win.
              Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 2, 2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                LOL What fight were you watching? Tell me, which rounds did you have Wilder actually winning, besides 9 and 12? Fury made Wilder look like an Amateur. With hands as heavy his, I figured Wilder would score some shots, but it's boxing, and knockdowns do not equal a win.
                LOL. Again, it's not like i'm the only one who has Wilder winning that fight. A lot of the reputable boxing experts has Wilder winning as well. When i say reputable i'm not talking about guys Paulie freakin Malignaggi lol. Dan Rafael has Wilder winning that fight. George Foreman has Wilder winning as well.

Wilder was the more aggressive fighter period. All Fury did was showboat and dodge Wilder's punches.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

LOL. Again, it's not like i'm the only one who has Wilder winning that fight. A lot of the reputable boxing experts has Wilder winning as well. When i say reputable i'm not talking about guys Paulie freakin Malignaggi lol. Dan Rafael has Wilder winning that fight. George Foreman has Wilder winning as well.

Wilder was the more aggressive fighter period. All Fury did was showboat and dodge Wilder's punches.
                  Yall are fucking crazy. Wilder looked like me sparring against my friends. Swinging and missing.

Comment

What rounds though? C'mon man. That's how boxing works right, is by the rounds ... so which rounds?

And Wilder was NOT more aggressive. That is completely false. I'm not sure there is a single metric that would support that. And his windmill punches don't count as "more aggressive". They were completely wild, and pretty much never landed; Wilder didn't have the distance down, even by the end of the fight.

Please also point out who these "reputable boxing experts" are as well that agree with you? Or is it just those 2 people out of millions? Note that both of those guys are American.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Lennox Lewis said Fury won, as did every other comment/tweet that I read.

Paulie was on the broadcast, he was just the first voice we heard to say how insane it was, thats why I mentioned his name.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Lennox Lewis said Fury won, as did every other comment/tweet that I read.
                        Teddy Atlas. Floyd Mayweather. Eddie Hearn. GGG. Abel Sanchez. Max Kellerman. Andre Ward. Eddie Chambers. Carl Froch. Dave Coldwell. Frank Bruno. Every respectable Boxing news outlet I've checked. They ALL have Fury beating Wilder, and various degrees out outrage. Mayweather was Furious (no pun intended ).
                        Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3, 2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• My favourite up-and-comer Josh Kelly is fighting this weekend, and then Canelo is fighting Fielding on the 15th, and those'll both be awesome fights. Won't draw nearly as much attention, but still ... it's a great time to be a boxing fan.

Comment

All Fury did was showboat and dodge Wilder's punches.
                            Also, I just want to make sure you understand that the bolded is actually super important in boxing ... like... it's why it's called "Boxing" and not "Punching People in the Head".
                            Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3, 2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• First of all it's great to have the heavyweaight division back. Three ELITE heavyweight fighters in the same era. When was the last time that happened? in the 90's?

Second, and I just want to point this out: The referee gave Fury too much time to recover after Wilder knocked him down in the 12th round. What the hell was that all about?

Anyways, Wilder would knock Fury out if a rematch happens. But what I really want to see is Wilder vs Joshua. From what I saw Saturday night, I think Wilder can beat Joshua.

Bomb Squad!!
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X